“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #94 of 341 Hotels in Siem Reap
Trondheim, Norway
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel in the centre of Siem Reap.
It is located right by the main street, but still secluded enough that it appears very quiet and relaxing.

The reception-area is spacious with several sitting-areas, two souvenir-shops and a piano-bar.
The restaurant looks nice and the food is ok, but not great. The spa seems a bit dark, but that works very well and along with the soft music gives it a relaxing atmosphere.
The pool is in the back-yard, and it is a very nice area with sunbeds and parasols, and a small bar.

We had a room with a balcony facing the back-yard and pool-area.
The room was totally ok. Nothing spectacular, but enough to keep us happy. It was clean, the bathroom was nice, and if you get bored the TV had a great selection of channels.

Just be careful if you don't like bugs and you want to use the balcony after dark... Siem Reap is basically a city in the middle of the jungle, and there can be quite a lot of bugs around...

There is one thing though that is the main reason I would come back to this hotel: The staff! :-)
So friendly and helpul, always smiling and always doing their best to make sure you have a nice stay. Don't think I have ever seen someone smile so much as the People of Cambodia. :-)

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room on the two top floors to avoid some of the bugs on the balcony. The clos...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lene V
Prince D, Management Team at Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Lene V,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave a comment following your recent stay at Prince D’Angkor Hotel & Spa.

We are so delighted to hear that you had enjoyed and satisfied with our service and hospitality.
We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us to improve the service levels.

It is our goal to retain you as a satisfy customer and we hope that we can serve you again in the near future.

The management Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Happy, smiling people meet and greet you.
The food is excellent and the service 2nd to none.
If asked " would you return"? My answer is. " I've already booked".
When staying here don't forget to enjoy the rest of the city.
For when you return from a busy day of site seeing you will appreciate the hotel even more.
Paradise lost!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Cheekyjohn13
Prince D, Sales e-Commerce at Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Cheekyjohn13,

On behalf the team of Prince D’Angkor Hotel & Spa, we thank you for your comment and looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Utsunomiya, Japan
Reviewed 23 August 2014

ツアーに組まれていたので泊まりました。ロビーや部屋は統一されて濃い色の木製家具や床です。重厚な感じがして高級感はあります。ただ、部屋の冷房が調節できず、寒すぎでした。部屋にいると冷えるので、仕方がないので電源のためのカードを差し込まないで冷房なしで過ごしたり、トイレや夜間など灯りが必要なときだけカードを差し込んだりの繰り返しでした。幸いテレビは別電源で見れました(笑)
食事は普通に美味しかったのですが、朝のバイキングは3日目は飽きてしまいました。もう少し種類があると良いと思いました。ランドリーやマッサージのサービス付きだったのはありがたかったのですが、チェックアウトの時にマッサージで出されたお茶を請求されて驚きました。サービスのマッサージの他にリフレクソロジーを頼んだので、終了時にその場でお代を支払ったときには請求されなかったのと、お茶が勝手に出てきたのでサービスだと思って飲みました。確認してから飲めば良かったのだろうけど、こんな誤解をされるような高級と言われるホテルのサービスはどうかと思いました。前日に行った別のマッサージ店ではお茶はサービスで出てきたので。とにかく説明もなしに出されたお茶代を後から請求されて腹が立ったので、払いたくないと言ったら、カスタマーサービスの偉い?人が出てきて、払わずに済みました。こんな思いは私だけで結構ですので、是非お気をつけください。

All in all, what I would like to let the hotel know most is about the service I received at the massage lounge. I was offered a cup of tea at the end. I paid for the massage on the spot. On checkout, what I was surprised was the cost they charged for the tea which they offered and I didn't ask for. The staff at the massage lounge neither say anything about the cost nor charge me on the spot, I even forgot about the tea! I didn't want to pay so I had to speak to the appeared-to-be customer service manager. Thankfully they let it go, but they need to improve their service so this doesn't happen again to others. Till then, just be careful and make sure if what they offer to you is free of charge or not! The massage I had gone the day before didn't charge me for a cup of tea even though it was not located in the nice hotel. So disappointed at the end.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Santee, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked a prepaid stay at this hotel through a third party booking site, but when I arrived they had no record of the reservation. I showed them the confirmation number and receipt, but they refused to acknowledge it. I understand communication problems can happen, but their attempt at resolving it was very poor. They claimed both their internet and fax machine were not working, and they refused to call the third party booking site the confirm the reservation because it was a long distance call. Their only solution was to try to charge me $30 more than the existing reservation for a second room. In the end I had to walk to another hotel for the night as they were completely unreasonable. There are plenty of good hotels in Siem Reap, so avoid the possible complications and skip this one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank michael h
Prince D, Sales e-Commerce at Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Sir…….

Greeting from Prince Angkor Hotel & Spa,
We appreciated your honest feedback and we valued all comment from our clients. We found that your quick booking just a few minute before your arrival to our reception counter mid-night at 1am.

Thank you very much for acknowledgment about communication can be happen, it is true that this time our reservation team was not available and only our night shift team working at this time and they failed to check the email every second.
After you showing all the correspondent with booking confirmation. We were prepared the room for you to check in. however your reservation was for single occupancy and USD 30 is for additional person fee.

According to the Cambodia Law, if there is no passport from clients to check in that would not be possible to allow any guests or clients to stay in Hotel in Cambodia.

We are very sorry to hear this happen to you personally. We will not let it happen again to the next clients. If we could have a chance to deal with you again we will ensure the smooth arrangement is made.
Have a very wonderful day.
With our best personal regards,

The Management
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Situated in the heart of Seim Reap but in its own oasis of peace and quiet. Excellent facilities with a great pool and gym. Wifi can be temperamental. Clean good size rooms with air con and shower that worked. All the staff are very well presented, welmanored, smiling and helful. lots of choice at breakfast from asian to western.
Not sure I could ask any more for the $ paid.
A satisfied customer

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank keith72
Prince D, Sales e-Commerce at Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear keith72,

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We are 3 people that I have spent 3 nights at Prince d' Ankor. Kindly help. Breakfast just ok. Convenience location, near supermarket in Lucky mall where is reasonable price, can walk to pub street in 15 minutes and easy to find tuk tuk.

But I have some miscommunication with hotel clerk when I was checking in. My booking that I had done is for 3 peoples. So I think it's included extra bed already. When I do checking out. They want to charge me for extra bed that they do not inform me before. So the hotel said is their mistakes and no charge any more.
For last day breakfast they have recorded that I am already eaten and got two peoples instead of three. The record is missed, but they do not say apologize any more. I think it very rudeness. That make me felt moody on last day.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank warunya_st
Dear warunya_st,

We are sorry for the inconvenient which caused you during stay with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

spent three nights recently at Prince d'Ankor and could not fault one thing. Drinks in the evening at lobby bar with lovely vocalist and pianist, lunch by the pool, room service for evening meal, breakfast in dining room with the widest selection available. Room with balcony overlooking pool and even went for a swim twice. Slight interruption to the peace was an invasion of rowdy, brash, middle aged Australians shifting the furniture round in the lobby to suit themselves and blocking others off then wanting to argue over the price of drinks which were the cheapest I have encountered anywhere in the world. The staff handled the matter well..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo