The 2 best things about this hotel are the friendly, helpful staff and the amazing pool. We just got back from spending 6 nights at this hotel in Jan 2012. We were in a superior room overlooking the pool. The room was very dated and in dire need of a renovation. I was surprised they had a salmon colored carpet in the bedroom. The bed lamps looked like they were from the 70's as did some of the other furniture in our room. I was shocked to see a plastic tub mat in our bathroom that was covered in mildew. This hotel gets a large amount of guests from bus tour groups. We also had the misfortune to stay at this hotel during a holiday break as there were a lot of families vacation there with there kids. I was also surprised that the hotel allows swimming lessons for local residents to be held in their pool. With all the kids in the pool it felt like we were staying at the YMCA. Breakfast was mediocre. In spite of this hotel's shortcomings we did manage to enjoy our stay. If your used to staying at 5 star hotels then I would look elsewhere, but if your okay with 3-4 stars then this hotel may suffice, but keep in mind the rooms need to be renovated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Angkor Resort and Spa is conveniently perched along the gateway of some of the most significant archeological sites in SE-Asia, creating the ideal location to explore Cambodia's rich cultural inheritance. Tucked away from the hustle and noise of the city, Royal Angkor Resort is only minutes away from these iconic landmarks, providing unprecedented access to the legendary Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Bayon temples as well as the charming and historic town of Siem Reap. Stretching over two and a half hectares, this iconic Siem Reap hotel is jeweled with a beautiful tropical landscape and decorated with the most remarkable architecture, reminiscent of the early 20th century. From fine dining to traditional rooms and suites, Royal Angkor Resort & Spa combines ancient charm with modern-day leisure, creating the ultimate space to unwind and embrace the magical spirit of Cambodia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Royal Angkor Resort And Spa