We booked this through Hotels.com, which so far have been pretty good. For a place that is supposedly 5 stars, we did not worry too much, and as Hotels.com mentions explicity that no re-confirmation is necessary, we just arrived. At around 14:00. Check in was slow (15min), then we were given a room key, but we had booked (and already paid) for two rooms, not one. The said the other room would be ready in 30 min.
So we go to the one room, unload, and refresh. Rooms are quite nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. Bathrooms have some wood panelling which looks good, but thats about it. Rather drap balcony. Looks like any 3 star place in many Chinese cities. They have some bathtubs in their bathrooms, so this is quite nice. However it means that when u have a shower, you cannot avoid splashing some water around, that ends up on the floor. No worries, right, most baths have a sink hole - well, yes, but its not working, the bathroom floor slopes in the wrong direction, and water everywhere...
Two hours later I ask about the other room, and they tell me there is no booking for another room. After some more checking (including me checking into my email to retrieve my booking), they finally find it. I tell them to keep the key at reception, whilst I have a dip in the nice pool.
An hour later, I come back and ask about the key - and get told they now don't have double rooms! I tell them I will sit down at the bar where there is a nice iMac to write this review on that I am writing now. Its more than 30 min since the manager said he will look into it, and more than 3 hrs since we checked in...
go figure. Cambodian service can be slow I know, and mistakes happen, but come on. In my opinion, this place is not very efficient at dealing with their guests. Looks impressive, but not a 100 US $ service if u ask me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Angkor Resort and Spa is conveniently perched along the gateway of some of the most significant archeological sites in SE-Asia, creating the ideal location to explore Cambodia's rich cultural inheritance. Tucked away from the hustle and noise of the city, Royal Angkor Resort is only minutes away from these iconic landmarks, providing unprecedented access to the legendary Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Bayon temples as well as the charming and historic town of Siem Reap. Stretching over two and a half hectares, this iconic Siem Reap hotel is jeweled with a beautiful tropical landscape and decorated with the most remarkable architecture, reminiscent of the early 20th century. From fine dining to traditional rooms and suites, Royal Angkor Resort & Spa combines ancient charm with modern-day leisure, creating the ultimate space to unwind and embrace the magical spirit of Cambodia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Royal Angkor Resort And Spa