We arrived at the Royal Angor Resort and Spa after spending time in Vientiane and Luang Prabang, where the hotels had been superb. The Royal Angkor Resort is much bigger than the hotels we had stayed in in Laos, but the service was still very personal and quite excellent.
We were met at the airport, which lways makes things easier, and on arrival were greeted in style. Registration was the best we have ever encountered.
Our room was large and well furnished in the colonial style of hotels in the region and was all we could have desired. Breakfast was in a large dining room adjacent to the pool and the selection of food was extensive. As the hotel is quite large the breakfast buffet was sometimes rather busy, but staff were generally alert and replenished food in a timely fashion. The staff were wonderful, providing excellent service with a cheerful smile.
There is a large outdoor pool with bar as well as a spa and workout room. My wife tells me she had a wonderful therapeutic massage in the spa.
The hotel is a couple of miles from downtown Siem Reap, and the hotel offers a shuttle us service at fixed times throughout the day. If the times do not suit you a tuk-tuk can be easiliy obtained outside the hotel for a modest charge. We found the tuk-tuk to be fun and gets you a little closer to the local culture. We used the same tuk-tuk a number of times and also hired him to take us on a tour of the local farms and villages which, Angor Wat not withstanding, was the highlight of our visit for me.
Downtown Siem Reap is a typical tourist town full of bars, restaurants, night markets, etc. Food was excellent and cheap if you like the local fare, as we do.
Angkor Wat is fantastic, but very large with a lot of walking and climbing with little or no shade. It takes several days to do it justice but you can get an excellent sample of it in one day.
Siem Reap has become a massive tourist town because of the Temples. It is worthy of visit but is not a fair example of what Camboda is truly like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Angkor Resort and Spa is conveniently perched along the gateway of some of the most significant archeological sites in SE-Asia, creating the ideal location to explore Cambodia's rich cultural inheritance. Tucked away from the hustle and noise of the city, Royal Angkor Resort is only minutes away from these iconic landmarks, providing unprecedented access to the legendary Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Bayon temples as well as the charming and historic town of Siem Reap. Stretching over two and a half hectares, this iconic Siem Reap hotel is jeweled with a beautiful tropical landscape and decorated with the most remarkable architecture, reminiscent of the early 20th century. From fine dining to traditional rooms and suites, Royal Angkor Resort & Spa combines ancient charm with modern-day leisure, creating the ultimate space to unwind and embrace the magical spirit of Cambodia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Royal Angkor Resort And Spa