“Jewel of Siem Reap”

Royal Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #71 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Royal Angkor resort & spa in Feb 2014. From arranging airport pick up to checking in, attention to every request, meals in the evening, drinks and entertainment, breakfasts, checkout, transport into town - everything was done with a smile by the friendly staff. I requested more comfortable pillows and these were provided immediately. The Manager was always present with a smile and chat to make sure we were happy. Excellent hotel. The large pool was most welcome after our daily sightseeing tours as were all staff in the spa. A very pleasant stay- Thank you all.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RakJo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here 5-9 March 14 and it was a lovely 4 days, very relaxed and quiet location. The pool was amazing and the free transfer from the airport very convenient. Only draw back is that the place is a little dark and the rooms were also a tad dark with poor lighting. But I didnt spend much time in my room so it didn't matter. The rooms were very clean and quiet. They were facing the front but as it was so far from the street I didn't notice any noise. I felt the staff although very friendly and helpful, were a little tip oreintated. We had no small change on arrival so didn't tip the bag handler and we both had our doors slammed on his exit. Maybe we imagined it? The spa was OK, I wouldn't rave over the facial that I had. I would still come back here as the place had a nice ambiance about it. PS the shop's items are as cheap as the stalls in the street so no need ot haggle outside.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are quite quiet so dont worry if you get one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stay at this hotel on 10/03/14. The hotel was very good. Front desk staff has a sincere smile.Our check in process very smooth and we offered welcome drink. We meet up with a Manager from the Spa(name May Ann). She was vey helpful for us. She guide us very well. She also make itenary for our stay and give us good explanation about Angkor Wat and Mountain of Linga. Good dinner places and relaxing place was suggested. We have problem with our airline ticket,she help us with that and many2 thanks to her. And also to the owner of the Hotel (Ms Rani) thank you very much to help us to book the flight ticket. Dont forget Mr Jessy(GM) as well,thanks for arrange airport depature transfer for us.

Thanks,

Fitran(Singapore)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John2929
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the end of our SE Asia tour. It was the nicest place during the entire tour. The room was lovely and large, the pool was awesome and huge and the breakfast was very good, with lots of selection.

Although not located close to the centre of town, it was only a 10 minute drive to/from the airport.

If we ever get back to Siem Reap, this is where we'll stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool (it may cost more)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sethya N, Resident Manager at Royal Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear CoolCouple99,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I was so pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities we provide, and you found our room was lovely and large, the pool was awesome and huge, and the breakfast was very good.

I do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me if i can be of your assistance.

My kindest regards,

Resident Manager
email: info@royalangkorresort.com

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The staff are just so friendly and courteous, it's amazing. Our check in happened without any problems and we were informed of the hotel pick-up and drop to city center. The last pick up is about 7.30pm so you will have to manage your own vehicle back if you're planning to stay out in the night market. (Which we all do-EVERY night)
The wi-fi is good and you can use the machines in the business rooms as well. There are three restaurants to choose from and live music in one. The food is good but there are so much of options around town, we didn't eat in often.
The pool is very good. We took a late evening dip and it was dreamy. They have elephant showers that are really cool
The spa was alright, but not something I would try again. They have a really bad mosquito problem in the outside seating area in the spa
There was some drainage problem in our room and the loo stank to the heavens till I asked for a room change. The plumber tinkered around a bit and then offered a new room if we still weren't happy.
Overall a good place to stay

Room Tip: The pool is open till late, so you can take a dip after 8pm. It's lovely
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaalika

Dear Kaalika,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and service you received during your stay, and overall you found Royal Angkor Resort& Spa is good place to stay at.

Your feedback about the mosquito at outside seating of our Spa and drainage problem in the bathroom; we will look into it and improving accordingly. We apologize for this inconvenience cause you during your stay with us.

Once again many thanks for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Resident manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for 3 days & 4 nights. I took my parent along and I must say this place didn't disappoint any of us! It was a beautiful hotel with wonderful & helpful staff members! I really was wowed by it. I didn't know what to expect until the day we arrived; which was earlier this in January. Upon arrival sometime around 1:00pm, we were greeted by a gracious staff with a cold towel and some refreshing iced tea for each of us. We waited for only 15 minutes before getting us settled into our rooms which were beautiful & better than what I had expected. The property is very clean, from our room, the swimming pool, and lobby which has a very tall & airy ceiling..I thought I was in a palace from certain period in time....Breakfast was great for it caters both Asian & Western food. My husband who is from the UK loved it and he's very hard to pleased when it comes to food! I left my sunglasses by the pool & was surprised that the staff took it to lost & found and I was able to get it back! The location of the hotel is not bad for they have a tuk tuk service that can take you to town "PUB STREET" We befriended a cab driver from the airport who pretty much drove us to Angkor Wat and all the other famous sights there is to see in Siem Reap...overall I would like to go back & I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone....GREAT VALUE!!!!

Room Tip: Our room not facing the pool was not bad at all!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marietta T

Dear Marietta,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I was absolutely delighted to read your feedback on your families stay with us. I have passed on your comments to my team here. We always try to anticipate our guests needs and was really glad we met your expectations on this stay and I hope to have the pleasure to personally welcome you all back to Royal Angkor Resort& Spa in the near further.

My Kindest regards,

Resident manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was such a beautiful hotel and a great way to chill out in between our very hectic sightseeing schedule. With the most gracious staff to match.
From the moment you drive up the impressive road to the hotel entrance, you know you're in for something special. Staff are waiting to greet you, take your baggage and welcome you into the main waiting room. This is where check in formalities are done whilst you're sipping on an iced tea. We had a deluxe room with two, four poster beds. This certainly didn't disappoint. Neither did the bathroom with luxury bath/Jacuzzi.
Breakfast the next morning was a huge smorgasbord of taste sensations. The hotel caters for both western and eastern taste buds. There's a large chef station, ready to cook anything you require to order. There's a self selection of items here, along with three other tables bursting with different food types (Eastern/Western/breads and cereals/fruits). I was even asked if I'd like some bacon to order too. Staff are always on had to pour coffee and clear tables.
We used the other restaurant for our evening meal. The food was pleasant without being outstanding. Again excellent, very gracious service.
There's a great pool area to relax in, with some very funny elephant showers. These have to be seen to be believed.
Reception staff are on hand to book anything form a tuk-tuk into town, through to a driver and guide for any excursions you may require. Nothing is too much trouble.
Overall I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. As a westerner, the hotel represented amazing value for money (£60 for a deluxe room with breakfast for two). Very gracious staff who genuinely seem to care about each and every one of your need. Nothing is too much trouble. The one, slightest drawback is the location. It's on the main highway where all the majority of hotels seem to be located. However, it's only a short journey into town and there are scheduled vans allocated for this throughout the day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Sethya N, Resident Manager at Royal Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Greg,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback and photographs following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I was so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team at the hotel who I am sure appreciate your feedback. Please do come and stay with us again soon.

Once again, thanks for your recommend our Resort on TripAdvsior!

My best wishes,