“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Paris, France
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Never had such attentive service and genuine friendliness by hotel staff before. Beautiful and spacious surroundings. The biggest pool I've ever seen in a hotel of this kind. They provide a wonderful spa and the food was a treat. Excellent that they provide complimentary transport to the centre of town and the airport. And their Tuk Tuk drivers are good too

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sethya N, Resident Manager at Royal Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear John,

I was thrilled to read your review following your recent stay with us at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa. I was delighted to read that you found the service and facilities the best you have encountered and it is very much appreciated to see this feedback. As I always do, I have shared your kind words with my brilliant team who make this all happen and I do hope that you get the chance to come and stay with us again in the near future.

My best wishes

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 days in April 2014. The location is about 10 mins from the city ($3 tuk tuk). The breakfast buffet was excellent. The room that we stayed in Sakura was beautiful. It was a little dark but they added additional lamps and that fixed it. Also, we had issues with the airconditioner (leaking) and the door lock both were taken care of immediately. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Unless you are looking to stay downtown I would highly recommend this hotel for families with kids!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kale,

I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa. I was especially happy to read that you found all of our team to be friendly and helpful. I really do appreciate your kind words and please do come back and stay with us again soon.

Once again thanks for your recommend Royal Angkor Resort& Spa for family traveler with kids on tripadvisor.

My best wishes,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner staying here for 3 days.
The location is very central and is close to the main city.
The hotel is beautiful, big, clean and fantastic and welcoming staff.
We were spoilt by a complimentary platter of cheesecakes on our arrival.
The buffet breakfast was amazing with an unbelievable variety of choices and of the highest quality.
I am a vegetarian and I managed to have different type of breakfast every day I was there. Very good start to the day!
We also had dinner one night in the restaurant and loved it too.
The hotel Staff arranged tuk tuk for us, the driver was Chanda and we cannot thank him enough for going out of his way to make our stay special. He showed us the local places, told us about local history and was very accommodating.
The room was fantastic and had everything you would need and much much more. Great selection of tv channels if u wanted to stay in during the hot afternoon. Bathroom was spotless and everything working well. Our bath tub had jacuzzi features :)
We also tried the spa and liked it.
I have to mention that we did feel that the staff were lacking some massaging techniques as it did not feel as relaxing as the massages we had had done in previous hotels regardless, still enjoyed it.
The pool is fantastic, just what u need after a long and hot day from the temples.
Would definitely recommend it and will surely return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sethya N, Resident Manager at Royal Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Rush911,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa. I was so glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, the location, and that you found most of the service you received to your expectations. Having read your commend about the staff were lacking some massaging techniques as you did not feel as relaxing as the massages you had done in previous hotel stay, I would like to apologies for the issues and I have passed this on to my spa manager for improvement.

I do hope that you will join us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.

My kindest regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Well, we loved everything about this hotel. It's location-about 10 minutes by tuk tuk out of town-hence sleep quality was brilliant. The appearance is great-longish circular driveway with very attractive gardens. The staff-best we encountered anywhere in our travels of Siem Reap and Vietnam. They were so helpful, nothing was a problem, The restaurant is very good foe a hotel. Brekkie was not too inspiring though-the only let down really. Pool is beautiful, resort facilities all very nice and a lovely massage centre which is well managed and very pleasant. Loved this hotel. Will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valerie,

Thank you for your lovely review of Royal Angkor Resort& Spa on Tripadvisor.

I am so happy to read that you had a good stay with us and that you will be returning to us upon your next visit. We do strive to make every guests experience here with us unique so to read that we have succeeded is just fantastic.

Thank you once again and best regards,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I spent a week with the friendly staff at the Royal Angkor in October 2013. Cambodians are very friendly people and the staff at the Royal Angkor ramp it up a notch further. We travel regularly both within Australia and around the world and we have never met a more genuinely friendly hotel staff than this. Nothing is too much trouble, they ask after you in a genuinely caring way, they often pre-empt your request, and when they serve you it's with the intent to meet your expectations 100%. And the hotel is lovely too - generous, spacious rooms, elegantly decorated, and with luxury appointments. And one last tip - don't miss the on-site massage!

Room Tip: Balcony room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Steve,

I was delighted to read your feedback following your stay at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa. I was so glad that you found our service met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to all the team. I do hope that you will come to stay with us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.

My kindest regards,

Klang, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

royal angkor resort truly great and they have a very very royalty staff. every minute every hours the staff or the supervisor or manager pass by....
they will drop by and say :

*good morning , good afternoon , good night sir/mdm...
*hows ur day ?
*where has u been today ?
* do u need any helps from us ?

even i get the promotion from groupon.com with a price of rm 358 (np rm600), but they really treat u as good as they family members. most impressive,important, highly highlight - the staff in royal angkor resort in s.reap r much much friendly and NOT MONEY FACE then naga world staff in p.phen.

THE ONLY COMPLAIN : the corridor too dark.. the light too dim.. abit scary

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sophia Y
Dear Sophia,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the service you received during your stay. I have a very passionate team here at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa who take great pride in the service they deliver. These have already been passed on to them. I have also taken note of your comment about the corridor and the light too dim, Please rest assured we have taken on board for immediate improvement. Once again many thanks for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Couldn't say enough good things about this hotel! My friend and I were treated like royalty and the staff were very accommodating, personal and sweet. The room was incredible (we were lucky enough to get an upgrade) and with a view to match! The pool and gym/spa facilities were relaxing and there was always something to do. The breakfast buffet was the best I have ever been to - you could stay at the hotel for weeks and not get bored! The lunch/dinner restaurant was also nice and with lovely staff. Although the hotel is away from the city (about 10mins drive) it is much quieter than staying in the centre of Siem Reap and tuk tuks/shuttles are easy to book. My friend and I were very sad to leave - we had an amazing time here! Would thoroughly recommend to honeymooners or friends/couples wanting a relaxing few days in Siem Reap. Thank you to the beautiful staff who made our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which was amazing! would recommend paying for a pool view room especially...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ilovetotravel1990
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities and service we provide you with. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,