We stayed here for 7 nights after purchasing an internet deal. While it is a bit of a distance out there is a free 2-hourly shuttle bus into the town centre and tuk tuk's are only $3 each way. You do however need to book the shuttle at least an hour before you want to go which we did not realise until we came down one night to catch what we thought was the 6pm shuttle only to find that there wasn't one because no-one had booked. The staff did however arrange one for us 15 minutes later.
The staff could not do enough for us and were always polite and extremely accommodating. The food in the resort was pretty much the same price as down in Pub Street and was delicious. The drinks were not much dearer, very reasonably priced for a resort. While the resort is one of the older ones, our room was very comfortable and the bathroom in good condition. We had a freestanding spa bath with overhead shower but also a separate shower and it was all very clean. The pool area was lovely and well serviced for drinks and food
The staff were very helpful regarding the attractions of the area. We booked a tour of the temples which was great value at $13 per person for a full day.
We would happily stay here again, it was a wonderful relaxing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Angkor Resort and Spa is conveniently perched along the gateway of some of the most significant archeological sites in SE-Asia, creating the ideal location to explore Cambodia's rich cultural inheritance. Tucked away from the hustle and noise of the city, Royal Angkor Resort is only minutes away from these iconic landmarks, providing unprecedented access to the legendary Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Bayon temples as well as the charming and historic town of Siem Reap. Stretching over two and a half hectares, this iconic Siem Reap hotel is jeweled with a beautiful tropical landscape and decorated with the most remarkable architecture, reminiscent of the early 20th century. From fine dining to traditional rooms and suites, Royal Angkor Resort & Spa combines ancient charm with modern-day leisure, creating the ultimate space to unwind and embrace the magical spirit of Cambodia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Odigeo and HRS so you can book your Royal Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Royal Angkor Resort And Spa