“Great location, staff, comfortable hotel”
Review of City River Hotel

City River Hotel
Ranked #108 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 29 December 2013

City River is just as everyone says, the hotel is comfortable, quiet, and the perfect location, close enough to get to everything in town within minutes, but far enough away to find some quiet restaurants and walk along the river. The breakfast has everything one needs to fuel up for the day. The pool is beautiful and a nice place to relax when things get busy in town and you need a break from it. The staff is great (funny, playful, full of energy) and will help with anything that you need, they are all smiles and ready to assist. I very much enjoyed being at City River and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. This is a great place, especially for the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SoloSeaTraveler

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 stayed here in interconnecting city view rooms. They were beautiful, comfortable rooms and very quiet at night. The hotel is a very easy and pretty walk to the vibrant Pub Street. And a short drive to Angkor Wat. It's location plus really! The staff were wonderful and organised and booked everything that we requested and offered lots of good advice. Breakfast was fantastic. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The hotel is well located to be walking distance to most attractions in the city. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom, however, kind of ruined the stay for us. The tub was moldy, including the shower curtain. The way the shower was configured made it pretty much impossible to not flood the bathroom. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant (included in room rate) and thought it was pretty good. There was a selection of hot dishes, different breads and toast, an omelette station and the coffee was delicious. The staff were always super nice and friendly. The hotel arranged bikes for us to rent, but they were more expensive that what the guidebooks and TripAdvisor forums told us to expect. When we were going back to the airport, the hotel also over-charged us to arrange for a taxi.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my friends and family. It wasn't a bad stay, but between the bathroom and the small up-charges from the staff I would choose to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DZKathrynE
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a great location. I am a solo female traveller so particularly appreciated the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I am also vegetarian and there were always veg noodles at breakfast and all the food was labelled so that helped me avoid food mistakes.

It was a bit cold weather wise for the pool, but did have a drink up there and a chat with the staff. I also had a massage at the spa. This was interesting as they give you a jacket and pants to wear and massage you through the clothes. I am not sure how effective it is as a massage, but am never to keen on stripping off for such things so it suited me fine.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I found this hotel right after a very bad experience somewhere in Siem Reap and have stayed there 5 times so far! There is nothing I could say is bad! They o their best, th location is onderful, hard working people and super organized! Thanks and congratulations!

Room Tip: They almost made me see a number of rooms and I chose it myself! It was brilliant!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
CityRiverHotel_SR, Owner at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Humphrey M,

Thank you for posting your views about City River Hotel on Trip advisor.
We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.
My team and I look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best service and attention at all times

Best Wish

Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2013

City River was a nice hotel. The staff were very polite and obliging. The rooms were basic but they did the trick. I was disappointed at the end that they tried to charge me $9 AUD for a broken glass! I queried it and when they checked it should have only been $3 AUD. It took them half an hour to sort it out. Apart from this little hiccup everything was great, the food, the location - all good. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon F

Dear Sharon F,

thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall experience at City River Hotel. We really appreciate the patience that you shown in the whole process and we apologize for the inconvenience that you bear because of the mistake in the billing.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back City River hotel at some stage in the future.

Best Regard

Manager

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed at City River for around 9 days and every morning I was greeted happily by various staff members. As we left our keys behind the counter each time we left, the staff at the counter began to remember our room numbers and have our keys out by the time we got through the door. They also didn't mind when we had to keep asking for the keys each time we had forgotten something in our room.
The room service was quick, the food was well priced. I had a massage at the hotel as well which was great. The staff at the pool were also very lovely.
The hotel is in a fantastic location, five minute walk to town and $1-$2 in a tuk tuk.
I would recommend City River to anybody and I would (and hopefully will) return given the opportunity.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
CityRiverHotel_SR, Manager at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Jessica C,

Many thanks for your kind words following your recent stay at City River Hotel. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities we provided you with. Please do come back and stay with us again soon

Best Regards