“Close In with Very Helpful Staff”
Review of Bayon Boutique

Bayon Boutique
Ranked #109 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Extremely friendly staff made me feel welcome at all times. When I discovered that the air con was working poorly, I called the front desk. Within minutes two people were at my door and had the problem solved quickly saying that if it wasn't perfect within 15 minutes to call again and they would replace the filter.

Breakfast was good, though not buffet style.

Hotel is close to restaurants, bars, and shopping. And staff are happy to arrange any excursions you may be interested in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TravelLightGuru

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed shortly at the hotel for three days and two nights but the staffs and our stay was really fulfilling. To my surprise the room was spacious with a living room although unexpected due to its cost but we're glad as we could chat with our friends yet have privacy inside. Though the pool is small but well maintained and love swimming there twice. Elevator is absent but thankful our room was located at the first floor good exercise anyway. Also we had great trips arranged by very well versed "Tokla". He has been so friendly to us even the other staffs too. Met these smiling faces every morning and every time we arrived back. The trips were somewhat tiresome but seems we roamed around the central city and the temples. Was worried riding Tuktuk at first but hence the trips were arranged by Tokla everything seemed easy for us. The rate was just right and just. At the last minute, we came across Bravo who were so entertaining and very polite as I remember he took us a photo at the pool. The guys mentioned-aboved were both speaking good English that made our stuffs easy and enjoyed chatting with them. The massage was great and relaxing. Love to go back at this hotel in my next visit at Cambodia.

Room Tip: Better take the first floor for there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 8 July 2014

At first, I was hesitant to stay in this hotel as my wife and I are accustomed to 5 star hotels during our travels abroad... This hotel pleasantly surprised us and for good reasons. The staff are welcoming and friendly... Bravo the GM was very attentive and accommodating. Tokla is very approachable and helpful at all times accommodating all our requests with smiles... The rooms are spacious and clean... Overall stay without fault. Will surely come back to this hotel again... This is definitely the place to stay in Siem Reap!

Room Tip: Choose the lower floors as the hotel has no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GlobalTrotter2013
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Nice small hotel located on a quiet street, 5 minutes walk from the busy and packed Pub street. The staff is very friendly and ready to help, the swimming pool is gorgeous and both room and bathroom are spacious. Just perfect!! Thanks to all the staff for making our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Mbadell
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights at Bayon Boutique. We were greeted with a refreshing drink and cold towel. We were shown to our room which was very spacious and impressive. Unfortunately there were lots of Mosquitos in the room which made me feel uneasy. After a long trip and a quick dash out to get food we returned to find that we had what looked like bed bugs in our bed and they made us very itchy. It was rather late and we did not want to disturb the staff so we left it but had a very disturbed night sleep. We then asked to move rooms in the morning and this was sorted out quickly. The problem was however that the room was on the third floor and the hotel does not have a lift. This would be fine however I have a walking difficulty and this became quite uncomfortable throughout our stay. There were spiders in this room and it smelt like it had not been cleaned for a while. It smelt rather musky and I agree that at times there was smells coming from the pipes/sewers. We had a cobweb on the bed and a spider was there to greet us into our new, smaller room. Ants took over the sinks and there were a few small geckos which weren't much of an issue for us. Spiders on the other hand....
Our room situation was rectified by Tokla who was very efficient in this and said this was the only room available thus we did not want to bother the staff again. I have faith that the staff would have helped further if this was possible although the hotel did not seen too busy throughout our stay and especially breakfast.
Breakfast - if you got there early enough you could have eggs benedict otherwise it would be finished. The breakfast was nice but limited and sometimes we did not receive our juice and had to ask for it.
The staff were extremely friendly. Tokla in particular spoke very good English and we had a few conversations with him about England and Cambodia and this was very pleasant. We stayed an extra night due to being too hungover to do what we planned and this was again sorted out efficiently and with little fuss. We visited Angkor wat and this was sorted for us however (TIP) when arranging a tuktuk through the hotel you should pay the hotel after the trip and not the driver. This was not explained to us and the driver took our money (which apparently he shouldn't have)
Pool looked ok we didn't really use it. The sunbeds were out of the sun.
Location was great and easy to get to pub street. The nightlife is really good and much busier than places like Thailand In the current low season! The alleys are a bit dark but nothing to worry about. Tuk tuks are very cheap if you wanted to avoid this walk and are easily accessible.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Lauren J
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I booked this hotel because of its location and I wasn't disappointed. It takes a 2 min walk to a few good restaurants and spa, and a 5 min walk to Pub street/Night market/Old market. It is really near to Genevieve's and Haven for cheap and good food. There are many nearby spa that offer a lower rate than what the hotel charges. But I am rather picky on cleanliness, so I rather pay a few more bucks for massage in the hotel. Still cheap at US$10/hr. (They engaged the Masseuse from elsewhere though.)

The staff are friendly, and English level is good. We would like to thank all the staff and especially to Mr. Kea who is always putting on a smiling face and attends to all our needs.

You can also book your day tour to Angkor Wat with the hotel. It costs US$15 for tuk tuk or US$40 for car. I booked the tuk tuk and regretted it, because it is so hot at Angkor Wat. If I had booked a car, I would be able to enjoy some cold air in between visiting the temples.

My only problem is the air-con. I had booked a Junior suite where there the hall and bedroom is divided by a wall, but there is only one air-con unit located at the bedroom. So the hall is very very hot, and the bedroom is not cold enough despite setting it at 18 to 20 degree. It is always so warm at the room, that even after I turn on the air-con for several hours, it is still very warm. I would not choose the Junior suite again if I return to this hotel.

Oh yes, another thing to take note is there are no elevators in this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not choose Room 205. That was the room I had, and it is VERY warm.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ng G
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our son lives in Siam Reap and runs a NGO. My wife and I just returned home after 14 days visiting, volunteering and just soaking up the local lifestyle. We chose the Bayon Boutique Hotel as home for the 14 days and what a great choice it turned out to be.
The staff were wonderful; always ready to please and have a chat. We were met with smiling faces, morning and night and we were treated like VIP's every day. Our room was well appointed and we wanted for nothing. We ate breakfast every day at the hotel and some evening meals; we swam every afternoon and enjoyed ice cold drinks served by the ever ready bar and restuarant staff. The GM Bravo and owner Kim took personel interest in our endeavours and I have to say we did not want to go home. The Bayon Boutique will be our home in Siam Reap for all our future stays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple