Bayon Boutique
US$188
US$105
US$47
US$42
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$214
US$195
US$173
US$148
US$144
Agoda.com
All reviewsnight marketpub streettuk tukold marketflights of stairsno liftshower and toiletdry seasonconvenience storewelcome drinkroom was spacioussitting areaair conbooked this hotela great staythe location is perfectcool down
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I just spent four nights at the Bayon Boutique. Overall, I was very satisfied. It is a new property and everything was sparkling clean. The staff were consistently helpful and while the breakfast wasn't options weren't extensive, it was tasty and quickly served.

A couple of things kept me from giving a "fantastic" rating. When I checked in I was told I was on the 3rd floor (4th, for Americans) and there was no elevator. The manager quickly changed my room so I'd only be climbing one flight of stairs and the clerk made a big deal about me getting an upgrade. No, it was actually what I'd booked, unless being on a lower floor made it an upgrade.

When I checked in I arranged to have a massage an hour later in my room. The massage therapist actually didn't arrive for 2 hours. While she was there, hotel staff knocked on my door and/or called my room 3 times in a 30 minute period, even though they were aware I was getting a massage.

I was also annoyed to discover some of the room attributes listed on Agoda.com are inaccurate. Yes, there is a bathtub, but it is not a whirlpool tub. Also, there are no blackout curtains as advertised so it gets very light in the room beginning around 5:00 a.m.

The hotel is a short tuk tuk drive from Pub Street and the Old Market. I'd read other reviews that said people were bothered by the sound of a school next door. I didn't hear that much but my first two nights I was bothered by the VERY loud music/partying going on in a sister hotel whose window was about 3 feet from my room.

Overall, for $37 it was a great deal and I'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NWong
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was nice and great place to stay. It is close to the Pup Street where you just walk and enjoy the evening. We have such great time there with delicious breakfast and the swimming pool is also great. I love this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Beautiful big rooms, lovely decor, great pool, good for families, friends and couples. Very close to main street but still quiet. Extremely friendly, helpful and accomodating staff. Helped us book ongoing transport. Free welcome drink and the best a la carte breakfast I've ever had in Asia.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank AnnaLily2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The welcome drink was mind blowing! Love it! The hotel location itself was perfect. It was just 2 minutes walk and boom! You're amidst of colorful night life of street market. It was niche, clean and new. the pool and the common living room at ground floor really providing peace of mind for the guest. staffs are very attentive.
Did I mention they're showing a documentary of Angkor via projector?.. that's another mind blowing experience for me :) Highly recommend if you plan to visit Siemreap.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Letterbox12th
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

It's a small boutique hotel around ~5 min walk to the Night Market area or a $2 Tuktuk ride. It looks exactly like the pictures. The family suite was huge and exceeded our expectations. The beds were comfortable. The Cambodian noodles for breakfast was quite good. It's easy to arrange for temple tours via Tuktuk or car. It's also close to Haven and Genevieve's. Highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family