“Location, Location, Location”

Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel
Ranked #191 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 25 February 2013

It's not a 5 star hotel and it's not a 2 star hotel - maybe a 31/2 star. The rooms were nice, clean, and fairly large. The toilet and the shower did not share the same space! The AC worked well when there was power and the water was hot enough in the shower. There is no elevator and the best rooms are on the 3rd and 4th floors. So pack lightly. But the best part is the location. As other reviewers have said the hotel is within walking distance of Pub Street, Night Market, Day Market and good restaurants. One can get a TukTuk and ride to Angkor Wat in a 1/2 hour or less. My wife and I were on a medical mission trip and it was nice to start out and finish with a nice hotel. They served our team breakfast which is unusual for them and it was good. Will stay there again if we go back to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 February 2013

It is a clean Hotel with AC, hot shower, TV, fridge and coffeemaker in the center of siem Reap for 20 US$ for walk ins.
The rooms on the the right side of the Hotel are dark besause of the next building.

Very important: don't never book in the Hotel a Taxi for the visit of Angkor Wat.
You will be fraud. The "Big tour" for 25 US$ include only 6 small Temple, but not Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and so on. If you want to see everything you must pay 50 US$.
So it is better to book outside from the Hotel, for example a Tuk Tuk for 12 US$. You will see everything, but clear it up before driving and paying.
Tip for Angkor Wat:
With short trousers and/or shirts you will not come in every temple.
Some years ago it was possible.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siegbert M
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The location could not be better, as other reviewers have said, right on pub street and the various night markets. Very helpful (new) member of staff on reception when we arrived - who showed us to our luxury rooms on the 4th floor. As there is no lift it was a bit of a struggle to get our luggage up the 5 flights of stairs. The first room we were shown had a king sized bed and although my friend and I are close we do prefer to sleep in separate beds if possible so were shown into a slightly smaller room with a double and single bed on the back of the hotel. Rather tired but spotlessly clean - shower, toilet and washbasin all in good order. No safety deposit boxes but we actually did feel that our stuff would be OK in the room and locked valuables in one of our cases. We didn't bother with the rather strange breakfast as good food so readily available all around the area of the hotel, cheap and good. If you want a fabulous meusli with fresh fruit and honey go to Molly Malones!! The internet is free of charge but there are virtually no letters still visible on the keyboard so unless you are a touch typist (thankfully we are) then best to go to the very cheap internet cafe's in the area. We had to check out at 07.00 to get our TukTuk to the airport but the guy on the desk had no clue how to use the card machine so a quick dash to the nearest ATM solved the problem thankfully when we were able to pay with cash - this could be a serious problem if guests are relying on credit or debit card payments - we did try to settle the bill the night before to avoid any confusion but there was no-one around to do the card machine then either. Good value though at 25 dollars a night.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter but earplugs would solve this and request rooms on lower floors if you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Siem Reap, Cambodia-Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel & Restaurant
330 Sivatha Blvd.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
www.reaksmeychanreashotel.com
Email: info@reaksmeychanreashotel.com
Tel: +855 63 963 557, +855 12 849 967, +855 12 784 967
Directly across from Capitol Tours, the bus company, pub street and close to the old market/Psar Chas.
My room on the 1st floor has a closet, desk, a couple of wooden chairs, comfy beds, good mini-fridge, standard two free waters plus water boiler to enjoy the free coffee and tea packets, CCTV for security, air-con, big bathroom with the usual toiletries, 80 channels of Tee Vee with +/- 12 in English, free wi-fi, and it looks good. First night I stayed somewhere else, as usual. I never really care but use that first day to scout out better, if needed, accommodation. Here, I decided to move to Reaksmey. So far it's nice. Quite too. Though at $20.00/night I'd like to have breakfast added. I mean, they have a restaurant and I saw a buffet laid out, man!
Bicycles for rent all around, 1-2-4 dollars depending on quality.
I stayed a week here. All is good.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back away from the street though I slept soundly.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

No breakfast as reception told me beware travelers and they are this lady below so blur will put her name in the trip advisor she realy so screw up big time and they have no makup room or privatecy sign till i slept naked then no time they clean came in my room and saw me with undies

Room Tip: The room has water all over
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Great location with a minute walk to the famous night market and pub street. I was given a room by the street front and the noise had been disturbing me during the day and the night. I booked for a suite room, which was just big that gave you more space. It didn't give you the feeling of staying in the suite though as the amenities they set would be the same as in the other standard rooms. The room was clean when I checked in. I had king size bed with 5 pillows. The bathroom was big, clean and nice with separate shower.

I had breakfast included in my package but it could be the worst breakfast that I have ever had in the hotel. My breakfast was served with black coffee, then fried egg and toast with jam and butter. Nothing else!!!

As their restaurant was at the front of the hotel. You can have the smell of food (local food) once you walked into the hotel. The smell wasn't pleasant when I first checked in.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side is not good if you want a quiet one.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I was 3 days in this hotel. This is in a fantastic location, so near to night market, pub street , old markets & etc.....u could find many markets and restaurant near the hotel. exactly every thins there is right . we had free breakfast ( toast, egg, tea or coffee and jam) . kindly staff very polite . Always tuk tuk are in access frot of the hotel for going to angkor wat and other places. the rooms are so clean and tha bath too. and about facilities in room : ac / coffee table/ refrigrator .just there isnt phone in rooms . but generally i think there is very nice place for staying at your trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends