“Great and Helpfull staff”

The Villa Siem Reap
Ranked #103 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Staff was great, nice and helpful, they booked our tour guide to Angkor complex a few hours before we arrived, which was at 10pm, which I thought was great. They also provided us a free airport pick-up with drinks (including Angkor Beer!). The guide was from the guides association, so he was certified to walk around the temples. Explained a lot about the complex, and the khmer culture. Rooms are clean and quite, and the hotel is just a few minutes walking to the pub street and night market. I enjoyed a lot this hotel, and would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juliana_Carbonari

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My son & I stayed for several days at the Villa Siem Reap on a recent trip to Cambodia - it gave us the convenience of advance booking by email at a reasonable cost, and a tuk-tuk driver met me at the airport as well. We subsequently stayed at other places with cheaper places, but none with more friendly staff or better facilities. The Villa was clean & comfortable, included air conditioning and a small refrigerator and safe (the latter two were not common elsewhere). Recommended for those who want the convenience of being able to book reliable accommodation & tours in advance.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Travel_Fan060
Reviewed 4 September 2012

the staff where VERY helpful with my never ending enquires, and questions about Siem Reip and surrounding villages... they helped me orginise many trips and make numerous phone calls at no charge!

rooms where very clean, and room service was super fast and furfiled my every need!

6/5 stars at least!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 1st level... cause who likes stairs?
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The people factor plays a vital part in my stay -- from hotel staff to the driver and tour guide, Sary and Len respectively. Convenience to shopping and food came as a bonus because I feel safe when walking back to the hotel. Siem Reap is interesting in any ways -- the heritage sites, and the hotel stay and food suits me fine. I will not hesitate to choose The Villa again the next time around. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversations at Angkor Wat with Len who always keep an open mind about new knowledge. Sary is always careful and kind -- a big change from his soldier days. The hotel manager and breakfast staff never fail to ask for feedback how the day went. I felt the warmth of care and helpfulness. Viva la Villa!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
SOKHOM, General Manager at The Villa Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2012

Dear Patrick S,

Warm greeting from The Villa Siem Reap!

Essentially please let me thanking for providing us your feedback via TripAdvisor community page. I realize this took time out of your day and for that I am appreciative.

Please be informed that your favorable comments have been shared with the team for improvement on areas where we did not meet your expectations.

Anyhow, we almost happy that The Villa Siem Reap can be a part in your enjoyment of Cambodia and we hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have been traveling around the world continuously for fifty-three months since leaving my job. On my recent fourteen week trip through Southeast Asia, I was very lucky to book a three-day tour stay with Villa Siem Reap in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The room was reasonable priced and very clean. The restrurant had a very friendly staff and some great local delicacies. I enjoyed the meal so much the first night, I ate there very night, which I have never had done since I like to explore different places. I enjoyed the tours to Tonie Sap - the Great Lake, to the Silk Factory and the numerous tours to Angkor Wat, Angor Thom and Bayon, etc. But the thing that made these sites even more eventful was my TuK-Tuk driver that was assigned to me for three days in my tour package. Mr. Bun Loeum was very friendly and punctual. I really liked that he was very knowledgeable about various things in the area. I real enjoyed talking to him about very question that I asked him. I plan on bicycling through Cambodia in two years. I have already put a repeat visit to the Villa Siem Reap and requesting Mr. Bun Loeum on my trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear LudlowGaines,

Warm greeting from The Villa Siem Reap, we hope you are and family well.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Just a stone throw away from Pub Street and all the Night markets. Extremely friendly, helpful and polite staffs, always there to help and facilitate and try their best to assist to whatever we need. I would strongly recommend this place for those who are visiting in Cambodia. The prices are reasonable and our tour guide - Mr.Len was very knowledgeable and share with us many things about the Khmer culture. I'll be back again! STAY IN THE VILLA SIEM REAP! It's a promise that this will be a memorable, enjoying trip for you!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear CelineOng,

Warm greeting from The Villa Siem Reap, we hope you are and family well.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

>Near to central market (can be walked)
>has extensive partnerships with tour organizers ('beyond unique escapes' company) and can book bus transfers to other countries (e.g. Vietnam) at NO SURCHARGE
>offers affordable laundry service
>clean and spacious, well air-conditioned rooms

Room Tip: >no swimming pool and fitness center (!)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Enrico C
SOKHOM, General Manager at The Villa Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear cixeron,

Thank you for providing us with your favorable feedback and I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay in our Villa. Your comment is definitely valuable as it allows us to improve on our products and services towards overall guests’ satisfaction.

We always strive to ensure every guest of The Villa Siem Reap be it on business or leisure leave the Hotel contented, and meet the guests every need.

I will be happy to share comments to the hotel team members and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back home again soon.