“Satisfying stays here”

The Villa Siem Reap
Ranked #85 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel during a solo travel to Siem Reap with a pre-request to reserve for me a superior room with a double bed. Upon arriving at the hotel from the airport, the lady in the reception politely told me that there's no available room that is equipped only by a double bed.. only to find out later that the room given has a double bed + an extra single bed in it (good for 2-3 persons actually). I felt a bit disappointed at first but upon seeing the room layout, I began liking it. Room is so clean and spacious even if it has two beds in it. Warm lighting gives a more relaxing ambiance of its basic yet neatly-arranged interiors. From the looks of it, I can say that it is really a good value for the money. Staffs are friendly and are always trying their best to provide the best service as possible. You will find them very accommodating for whatever queries you may have. And for the location.. it is at the center of everything, yet you may find it a bit far from the old market and Pub St. Everything considered, I was satisfied and definitely would recommend it to friends who will visit Siem Reap in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a nice hotel, with the local customs of the hotel and perfect service, staff very friendly, patient. The hotel room was clean, and there is a very beautiful swimming pool, free WIFI, breakfast is simple, but delicious. Friends are very satisfied. Next time you go to Siem Reap, will stay in this hotel. Thank you for a few days to the staff here as we do everything:)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank zheng x
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family and I stayed at The Villa for a week over Christmas. We would all definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a bit of luxury without a huge price tag. The pool is big, clean and quite a treat after spending the first half of the day exploring temples. We can't say enough nice things about the staff who were attentive, kind, and personable - especially the women working at the restaurant. Best of all for me, since I'm a light sleeper, is that the location is quiet, but close enough to walk to Pub Street and most of the other destinations in town. The only small complaint I had was the water pressure was a little low, but that's typical for most hotels in Asia, we've found. The restaurant also just released a new menu right before we left and the new options are very tasty and affordable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nopogal
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel with pleasant staff. We stayed here 3 nights and found the location good for walking to the old market, Pub St, and the gentrified alley with Khmer cuisine (1 block South of Pub St). There is good coffee for breakfast at the hotel. The menu was limited but sufficient to get the day started. We enjoyed our conversations with a very pleasant waitress named Piep who spoke to us about the local area and children's hospitals. The pool was very refreshing, clean, and a good size. Bathrooms were well equipped with nice herbal shampoos and soap. The hotel helped us to arrange an Apsara dinner show with tuk-tuk service to & from for $12/person. I can't recall the venue but the Khmer buffet was delicious! We would definitely stay here again and not hesitate to recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank LovesRice
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights in November and loved it. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are ok. The hotel is about 5 min by foot from the main street with many restaurants and bars. The pool is nice although we did not have time to use it. Great spaghetti carbonara!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights of November 2013. The location was excellent, just 10 minute walk to downtown, markets and some restaurants...The staff were friendly and helpull. Our room was clean and comfortable.
I highly recommended

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I really felt at home during my stay at The Villa! Upon landing at Siem Reap Airport my companions and I were surprised that they had already arranged a tuk-tuk driver to pick us up. When we arrived at the hotel, we were welcomed with cold towels and drinks. I was also able to consult with one of the staff regarding our itinerary and he gladly made suggestions and helped us arrange our schedule and transportation for our 4-night stay. They provided us with a tuk-tuk driver, Jeer (?) for our trips to Tonle Sap and around the city ($15/day), and a car ($50 w/ guide---his name was Soo (?)) for our trips to the temples.

However, there was some confusion with our itinerary during our last day: we missed the sunset at Phnom Bakheng on our 2nd day, and one of the staff assured that we could go up the temple at 5 PM for free the next day, knowing that we only availed of a one-day pass. We turned up at the Angkor Wat ticket booth on our last day at 4:30 PM only to find out that we had to wait until 5:30 PM before we were allowed to proceed to Phnom Bakheng. Perhaps we should've verified his claim before actually making plans, but as a staff member we expected him to be sure of his facts. Anyway, I suggest you do your own research before following anybody's advice; I think the language barrier can get in the way!

Despite that misunderstanding, I was really pleased with their service. Though it's a bit more expensive than other hotels in the area, we were able to get our money's worth!

+ The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and accommodating---no question about that. We felt so spoiled.

+ The location is fantastic---it's nestled in a quiet neighborhood, but it's a short walk away from convenience stores and small cafes.

+ It's also easy to walk to some of the city's interesting spots (come on, you need the exercise after binging on Khmer food): it's 700 meters away from Pub Street, where you can find the best restaurants and bars in the city, and about 800 meters away from the Old Market, the Siem Reap Night Art Market (great for souvenirs!) and the Angkor Night Market.

+ We stayed in a triple room on the second floor, which had a shower heater, a vanity table with a big mirror, a small fridge, VERY cozy queen and twin beds, and a split-type air-conditioner. We had no problems with mosquitos. The bathroom was a bit elevated compared to the rest of the room, which was quite odd. We had to place a towel near the door to prevent water from seeping out. It was a minor setback, though.

+ The WiFi wasn't very fast, but it allowed me to do simple tasks, download apps and browse through social media. If you don't have a portable device, they have a PC at the lobby.

+ The breakfast was okay. I tried their beef noodles once, but the meat was quite hard, so I settled for bacon and eggs, which was much better. The lady at the restaurant was very friendly! She was always smiling at the guests, which I really appreciated.

+ I wasn't able to swim in the pool, but I did get to check out the area: the pool is quite small, but the poolside beds looked quaint and cozy, and they had free WiFi in the area.

Will I stay here again? Definitely! Thanks for making our first time in Cambodia absolutely enjoyable, The Villa!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends