“Nice Small Hotel”

Steung Siemreap Thmey Hotel
Ranked #101 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We came as a group of 5 to tour the ruins. This hotel offered free tours in conjunction with the room rate. It fit our budgets perfectly. Upon arrival the concierge(?) set us up with a tour of the floating city. We enjoyed that.

Location:

I liked the location very much. It was an easy walk to pub street, where there is a great selection of Western Food and places to drink.

Room:

Our room was supposed to be an upgraded as I payed extra for it. However, one of the others in our party did not pay extra but got a comparable room. I guess the upgraded room face the street, which can be noisy in the morning. It was nicely appointed in wood tones.

Food:

Our room rate included breakfast at their property across the street. I wish I had not gone. I did not find the food appealing. Perhaps it appeals to a more asian palate. Were I to return to this hotel I would likely skip the breakfast and eat in town.

Other observations:

My wife lost her camera by forgetting it either in the restaurant or in the shuttle to the airport that had many pictures on the SD card from Panama, Malaysia, and the US. Although I contacted the hotel upon arrival, we were never able to get even the SD card back.

Happy Travels!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise skip the upgrade and go with an inside room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Steung Siem Reap hotel. The staff is sweet and very accommodating. Buffet breakfast has many choices, way too much for us. Their made to order omelettes are yummy! We did not use the pool or gym but both were immaculate. There is a beautiful temple behind the hotel. Next door is a small spa, very reasonable prices. A laundry and a laundry bar are also next door. They arrange airport transfers for only ten dollars each way, just ask when you book on-line.
The rooms have safes and are very quiet. The TV gets 80 channels!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie M
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel is situated in the heart of Siem Reap's market and restaurant area, but doesn't suffer from any excess noise or interruptions. You walk out the door and go straight ahead for the City Market, up and left for the Night Market, up and right for Pub Street, and there are any number of Spas or Tour Organisers mixed in. Around the corner to the left is a new supermarket for supplies.

The hotel itself is clean and organised, and the staff are friendly and happy to help with any little glitches that may occur, such as providing two "2 bed rooms" rather than a double and a "two bed". Quickly sorted with no fuss. The bedrooms are large and well set out. The beds were too firm for our large European frames, but the pillows were very good.

If you're in the "secondary" building, then the short walk to the breakfast cafe and pool is not an issue. The breakfast is well set out, and I would recommend asking the chef for a made-to-order omelette. The "hot food" could have been "hotter", but it was consistent throughout our five days, so I assume that is what they do. The pool is salt-filtered, and very refreshing after a day at the temples. Wifi appears to be one of Cambodia's unsung heroes, with fast service both in the hotel, and in practically every bar and restaurant in the city.

I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be close to the action for not a great amount of money.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms in each hotel face onto close-in buildings next door. It doesn't affect the r...
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The location of the hotel was good. Reach everything you want it in one place. Old market, some restaurants, pub street, and night market in hotel's range. The hotel was also clean, the staff was also nice and helpful.The only problem was the breakfast. It was cold and the taste not so good.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Siem Reap hotels range from 5 star resorts to backpacker flophouses. They exist because of the Angkor temples, and maybe some people need some pampering after climbing a few stone staircases. Personally, I prefer a clean, comfortable hotel near the destination and some restaurants and activity.

Steung Siemreap is downtown and near Pub Street and the Old Market, so the location is ideal. The rooms are clean. The lobby has a lot of purple. The rooms are fine, not fancy but clean, There is a nice pool. A full breakfast and wifi make the total offering complete. Although it is a bit dated, you can't beat the location!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Location:
I couldn't think of a more ideal location for a hotel than this in Siem Reap. Its located a few meters from pub street. A Mall / supermarket is also a block away from the back of the hotel. Convenience stores and a pharmacy is also nearby.

Accesibility:
Tuk tuks are available just outside the hotel. (Don't forget to haggle)

Service:
Hotel staff are very warm, welcoming, and is there to always assist us.

Breakfast:
It was good. there are breads, fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal, fried rice, porridge, eggs.

Room:
Very Spacious and clean.
Too bad the room i was staying didnt have an open window.
After a long tiring day of touring a lot of temples, when i arrived in my room i immediately went for a hot shower, to my surprise the water was turning reddish brown. I then thought, "was i that dusty and dirty?" since most soil in the temples are of the same color. but when I went outside the bath tub, and turned the hot shower on again, it was still red, thats when i realized that it was not me, but maybe the dust, dirt, or maybe rust from the plumbing. but when i turned on the cold shower it was clear and okay.

Wi-Fi:
I was staying on the 2nd floor. Wifi Signal strength is strong. Internet connection was average.
Its Free.

Check-out:
I was overcharged in my bill by about more or less 9 USD. When in fact i booked for less. I'm sure there was just some lapses, but good thing i brought with me a copy of my booking, and even showed them my confirmed booking in my email. The problem was sorted out.
We also left our luggage after checking out, since our flight will still be later that night. luggage service is also free.

1  Thank GpTnS
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Good location...near to the town center. You can walk to the night market. Friendly staff. Spacious room. Though the room was facing the road it was quiet. We were staying at the new wing of the hotel which is located across the road from the original hotel. It would have been better if the room was dusted regularly. Have to request for change for clean towels on our first night.