“Great ethos behind a great hotel”
Review of Shinta Mani Resort

Shinta Mani Resort
Ranked #7 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore, Singapore
“Great ethos behind a great hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a super hotel: the staff are attentive and the rooms and clean and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant, which was lovely, and the pool is surrounded by grass and a pretty spot to have a drink. The hotel runs a foundation to help "make unemployable Cambodians employable" so part of the profits fund this.

Room Tip: All rooms but one face the pool and either have a balcony or patio. They do have interconnecting roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PRHelen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have been to Siem Reap many times and stayed at many hotels, but none beats staying at the Shinta Mani. The service you will receive here is not only of international standards, it is one with warmth, that makes you feel right at home the moment you step in.

I had arranged for an airport pick-up and when I arrived at the resort, I am received with a "Welcome Home" - very apt since I had stayed here in 2007 before the renovations, and also because at Shinta Mani, everyone treats you as if they are welcoming you to their home.

Check-in is quick and no fuss, and in a while, i am escorted to my room - which is all ready to welcome you - cooled and mint-scented. Very welcoming. The room was spotless and well-furnished. The king-sized bed was awesome and made me slumber into deep sleep every night. What I also love is the sound-system that plays a selection of easy listening favourites. I would have preferred if I could link up the music from my mobile device to the speaker though. Perhaps it can be done but I didn't know how to.

The room is turned down every night and they leave cookies by your bed. They are also thoughtful to move the remote controls by your bedside, as if knowing you'd use them that way. They will also lovingly place your stuffed toy (if you brought one) by the pillow. I figured if they take care of your stuffed toy that way, they'd do more for you too.

The staff at Shinta Mani are all well-trained to treat every guest as if they were family. Each staff member greet you in their own unique way and remember your face. By the third day, I am greeted by my name when I walk in and out of the resort. The waiter at the restaurant also knows how I like my water. That's how attentive they are.

I was having a chat with someone in the lobby one evening and the staff got us glasses of water without being asked. I also had to meet a friend out of town and wasn't sure how to get there. One of the managers, Rany, offered to call my friend to find the exact directions. He also said he would be at the lobby the next day to tell the tuk-tuk driver how to get there when I was ready to leave - and he was, as promised.

Breakfast is a nice spread of breads, fruits, cereal, salads and such. But what is a must-try is the Eggs Benedict which you order off the menu. I also had dinner at the Greenhouse restaurant, choosing both the Asian and Western selections - and both were wonderful - well-presented and tasty. If you love chocolate, order the chocolate molten lava cake with chocolate ice-cream. I've tasted many others all over the world, and I must say this is one of the best. Room service was prompt and perfect too. Prices are reasonable and you don't feel like you're paying a lot for the quality of food.

I stayed here during the low season, and you would expect service to be slack or for the hotel to be less generous in their spreads. But not here. They treat you like you're their only guest, and they will not hesitate to do what they can for you if it's within their means.

I had a late flight and so I asked what time I needed to check-out. "Anytime" was the reply. This is a hotel that doesn't tell you an answer just because it's the usual practice to, or because it's their policy. They anticipate and know your needs, and do just what you need to feel right at home.

The location of Shinta Mani isn't exactly near Pub Street. But I was here on a solo trip, hoping to find some quiet time. And this place just affords that. Pub Street is not too far away however even if I had wanted to head there - just a short tuk-tuk ride away or if you feel like, some 15 minutes walk away.

I didn't get a chance to try the spa this time, but when I did back in 2007, it was already excellent. I bet it is too now.

I'll definitely stay here again at the Shinta Mani. Why wouldn't I? It's better than home!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Deborah C
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and were very well looked after. Room was clean and well designed with a lovely view over the pool and garden. Service was great - in particular the trip to Tonle Sap lake they helped us organise - we get one of the hotel's own drivers who pointed out and stopped at other unexpected places of interest on the way.
Ate at the Kroya restaurant one evening across the road at the Shinta Mani Club and the food was fantastic - highly recommend the soft shell crab.
All in all a great stay and we'd definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

4 night stay, from beginning to end staff provided friendly personal service of outstanding quality. Room and pool were great, decor superb - we bought art off the lobby wall. Transfer and tour organised at short notice without a hitch. Great location, quiet but an easy stroll along the river to the busy centre. Pricey I guess, but it felt like money well-spent. A bit more wardrobe space required was our only tiny gripe.

Stayed May 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

In April my friend and I went to Siem Reap for the first time. We stayed at Shinta Mani for 3 nights. We had a really good time there. By the way, the pool is salt water pool, which is awesome for me, personally. Breakfast was great before a long day of temple running.
one night we decided that we were just going to stay in and do a bottle of wine at the hotel restaurant. it was getting late, and they were closing the place. The waiter offered to bring the wine to our room. My friend and I were really impressed with how they were very eager to help us and even carried the wine to the room for us.
On the last day, check out is normally at 12 pm. Our flight was not until 9.40pm. We didn't have anywhere to stay until then. My friend spoke to one of the staff at the front desk, his name was Sophea. He was very willing to help coordinate with other staff to move us to another room till the evening so we could use the facility till when we were ready to leave for the airport, which was around 8 pm.
The staff at Shita Mani (esp Sophea) were very friendly and helpful through out our time in Siem Reap. They were enthusiastic to give us tips on how to go about our journey in the tours of the different temples. Every time we came in the entrance they would have a cold towel for us to cool down after a long sweaty walk/day. the staff at Shinta Mani were very welcoming and greeted us with a smile all the time.
Definitely coming back here if I get a chance !!

Room Tip: poolside garden room has great access to the pool and a little bit bigger than the poolview room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Every time we returned to Shinta Mani, the staff greeted us with "welcome home" and handed us a cool towel and water. And we start to feel like the hotel was our home in Siem Reap, a tranquil respite after a day of temple hopping. I highly recommend the hotel and will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Spr31
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a wonderful 3 day stay at the resort about a week culminating a 3 week trip to Bhutan, Thailand, and Cambodia. The superb hospitality and service started at our arrival in the resort's port cochere where we were greeted by, Christian, the GM, and his staff bearing cold, jasmine scented towels. We had a gorgeous 2nd floor corner room that looked out at the pool. The room was well appointed with a king bed, separate tub and shower, and fresh fragrant flowers. Housekeeping was excellent with beds turned down each evening. The Greens restaurant had a great breakfast buffet with a large variety of fresh fruits, cereals, fresh juices, rice porridge with all the condiments, and some hot dishes. Noodles for lunch hit the spot. Dinner at Kroya, across the road, has an excellent menu and the duck entree is "to die for"!
It's so amazing that the entire staff, starting with the GM, are so personable, helpful, and ready to accommodate your every need. It accounts for the fact that Christian treats his staff like family and is so proud of them. They in turn are passionate about their work ethics.
This is the first review we've been compelled to write due to the amazing and enjoyable time we had at this resort. We look forward to returning!

Room Tip: We had a great corner room which had extra windows
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends