Shinta Mani Shack
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
FCC Angkor(Siem Reap)
J7 Hotel(Siem Reap)
2,407 results
All reviewswelcome hometravel marvellotus flowerscold towelstuk tukbest hotel i have ever stayedlocal communitybottled waterangkor watbeautiful hotelthe general managersister hotelpool sideamazing servicepub streetrooms are spaciousstayed nights
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here with my friends May 4-8, 2014.. from the time they greeted us upon arrival.. we were pampered from then on.. cool towel every time you arrived, delicious breakfast loved the champagne and fried rice, margarita by the pool.. soo refreshing, our bathroom always clean, loved the cookies every night they leave on the bed.. love love every minute of our stay!!
Thanks soo much to our friend Mr Sophear for being soo nice and accommodating to our every request!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glenda Lei A
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My friend and I stayed 5 nights and we were spoiled by the friendly and personal service of the caring staffs. The free morning breakfast comes with a good variety and the yogurt is a must try! Free complimentary water and cold towels are a very nice touch especially in hot weather. DVDs are available making the hotel a good hide-out from the scorching sun in the afternoon. The best hotel experience I have ever had!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank florence_yat
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a super hotel: the staff are attentive and the rooms and clean and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant, which was lovely, and the pool is surrounded by grass and a pretty spot to have a drink. The hotel runs a foundation to help "make unemployable Cambodians employable" so part of the profits fund this.

Room Tip: All rooms but one face the pool and either have a balcony or patio. They do have interconnecting rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PRHelen
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have been to Siem Reap many times and stayed at many hotels, but none beats staying at the Shinta Mani. The service you will receive here is not only of international standards, it is one with warmth, that makes you feel right at home the moment you step in.

I had arranged for an airport pick-up and when I arrived at the resort, I am received with a "Welcome Home" - very apt since I had stayed here in 2007 before the renovations, and also because at Shinta Mani, everyone treats you as if they are welcoming you to their home.

Check-in is quick and no fuss, and in a while, i am escorted to my room - which is all ready to welcome you - cooled and mint-scented. Very welcoming. The room was spotless and well-furnished. The king-sized bed was awesome and made me slumber into deep sleep every night. What I also love is the sound-system that plays a selection of easy listening favourites. I would have preferred if I could link up the music from my mobile device to the speaker though. Perhaps it can be done but I didn't know how to.

The room is turned down every night and they leave cookies by your bed. They are also thoughtful to move the remote controls by your bedside, as if knowing you'd use them that way. They will also lovingly place your stuffed toy (if you brought one) by the pillow. I figured if they take care of your stuffed toy that way, they'd do more for you too.

The staff at Shinta Mani are all well-trained to treat every guest as if they were family. Each staff member greet you in their own unique way and remember your face. By the third day, I am greeted by my name when I walk in and out of the resort. The waiter at the restaurant also knows how I like my water. That's how attentive they are.

I was having a chat with someone in the lobby one evening and the staff got us glasses of water without being asked. I also had to meet a friend out of town and wasn't sure how to get there. One of the managers, Rany, offered to call my friend to find the exact directions. He also said he would be at the lobby the next day to tell the tuk-tuk driver how to get there when I was ready to leave - and he was, as promised.

Breakfast is a nice spread of breads, fruits, cereal, salads and such. But what is a must-try is the Eggs Benedict which you order off the menu. I also had dinner at the Greenhouse restaurant, choosing both the Asian and Western selections - and both were wonderful - well-presented and tasty. If you love chocolate, order the chocolate molten lava cake with chocolate ice-cream. I've tasted many others all over the world, and I must say this is one of the best. Room service was prompt and perfect too. Prices are reasonable and you don't feel like you're paying a lot for the quality of food.

I stayed here during the low season, and you would expect service to be slack or for the hotel to be less generous in their spreads. But not here. They treat you like you're their only guest, and they will not hesitate to do what they can for you if it's within their means.

I had a late flight and so I asked what time I needed to check-out. "Anytime" was the reply. This is a hotel that doesn't tell you an answer just because it's the usual practice to, or because it's their policy. They anticipate and know your needs, and do just what you need to feel right at home.

The location of Shinta Mani isn't exactly near Pub Street. But I was here on a solo trip, hoping to find some quiet time. And this place just affords that. Pub Street is not too far away however even if I had wanted to head there - just a short tuk-tuk ride away or if you feel like, some 15 minutes walk away.

I didn't get a chance to try the spa this time, but when I did back in 2007, it was already excellent. I bet it is too now.

I'll definitely stay here again at the Shinta Mani. Why wouldn't I? It's better than home!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and were very well looked after. Room was clean and well designed with a lovely view over the pool and garden. Service was great - in particular the trip to Tonle Sap lake they helped us organise - we get one of the hotel's own drivers who pointed out and stopped at other unexpected places of interest on the way.
Ate at the Kroya restaurant one evening across the road at the Shinta Mani Club and the food was fantastic - highly recommend the soft shell crab.
All in all a great stay and we'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple