“perfect in every way”
Review of Shinta Mani Shack

Shinta Mani Shack
Ranked #12 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 19 July 2014

we stayed in both the resort and the club,and I can honestly say they are both perfect in every way.the staff greet you every time and welcome you home with cool towel and cold water.
the support they give to the foundation which they support very pleasing.
the music in the rooms very relaxing ,well chosen easy listening.
the staff were fantastic could not do enough for you. the first day I step into the hotel, you knew that these people ( staff) were proud of the hotel. their job was to please.they are not only well trained, they want to learn more.
The person who trained them done a beautiful job. A place a would always be happy to return to.

2  Thank ffilia45
There are newer reviews for Shinta Mani Shack

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The property itself is a more than pleasant surprise after our trip from Hanoi, it is like an oasis. When entering the well appointed room was beautiful music playing on sound bar, a great touch. The staff were unbelievable, they couldn't do enough for you. I ordered a jug of milk for my wife's coffee and I swear they must have been waiting outside the room with the milk. One of the people made a joke when they were asking if he was comfortable enough whilst waiting to pay his bill "he said a beer wouldn't go astray" and yes his wish was granted and complimentary. They just couldn't do enough for you, they were just lovely people.

1  Thank StevenandO
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were on a tour and were booked in the the Shinta Mani resort and we found it was the most wonderful place. The staff could not do enough for you and always willing to help in any way. Most are learning the hospitality trade and wanting to improve their English and willing to teach you simple Cambodian. Our room was very clean as was all the public areas, the pool well maintained. The only thing wrong in our room was the toilet roll holder was broken but that is no problem. there was spray for insects in the room and a plug in as well but we were never bothered by them. At night fall lanterns were placed around the pool which looked great at night. Beach towels were placed out on each daybed every morning and if you were sitting around the pool cold water was served to you. It was just a short walk to the main shopping markets and bars. happy hour at the Shinta Mani club opposite the resort was great value for money. Next time we stay in Siem Reap we will definitely stay here again.

3  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We had 2 nights here and it was just perfect. The rooms are very modern and comfortable, service is impeccable, the pool area is lovely. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and lunch and the food was top quality. We booked a day trip of the temples trough the hotel and it was very smooth and we were very well looke after. I highly recommend the shinta mani resort we were very impressed!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Briony1234
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff at the Shinta Mani is among the most gentle and caring that we have encountered in our travels. From the moment you check in, their main concern is your comfort and well-being. They are always smiling and happy to see you. The ratio of staff to guest is very high.

The hotel is located a few blocks from the main center of town – where the shops, bars and restaurants are. A 10 minute walk or a quick tuk-tuk ride ($2 each way) and you are in the middle of the action. The old saying “close enough, but far enough” truly applies here.

The hotel arranged the transfers to and from the airport on an air conditioned car (too far for a tuk-tuk ride on a hot day) – and they showed up on a timely manner.

We had a jr. suite room (only a few at this hotel) and it was very large and comfortable. It was located in the 3rd floor and the hotel has no elevator. No a big issue for us, but may be for someone with mobility issues. The shower in the bathroom had a no door design and inevitably, water would splash on the floor.

The pool was a very welcoming sight each day after spending the day at the ruins. However, they need more lounge chairs around the pool.

Breakfast was very adequate, but not as good as other hotels we visited during our trip.

The hotel is a great option in Siem Reap. It has a boutique feel to it, but provides all the services of a larger hotel with a smile.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

What can you say about a place whose sole aim is to make you welcome and address every concern or need you may have. I certainly did not want to leave the best and friendliest hotel I have ever come across.

Room Tip: ground floor has easier access to the pool
1  Thank steven07plus
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I are on our 2 month honeymoon thru Asia so we have been staying in various hotels. We were originally at the Le Meridien Angkor and had to switch hotels due to the mildewy smell of linens and metallic smell of the water.

We went to see if shintamani had any availability and as soon as we got there we were greeted with a jasmine cold towel and a smiling employee. We were then brought into the lobby and the concierge immediately showed us the poolside room and then she also offered to take us to the shintamani club to view the rooms as well.

The shintamani club room we saw was on the second floor and didn't have a balcony so it felt a bit cramped. The plus side was the mini bar at the club was free of charge (only water, soda, and Angkor beer was visible). Also we had to walk up to the second floor. I had enough walking doing the temple tours that it wasn't something I wanted to do.

The shintamani resort room had a balcony that led directly to the pool and had access to the Green restaurant. The room was very clean, smelled nice and the water did not smell of metal. Very modern looking. Only thing I wished the resort side offered that the club had were the free mini fridge. The resort also provided unlimited free water but no beer or soft drinks. HINT HINT :-)!!

We decided to take the shintamani resort due to the balcony and the openness of the room plus the pool was much bigger than the club. We also liked how the resort was a newer building (about 1 year) vs. the club which was about 5 years. It felt less crowded for some reason too. Maybe I'm just romanticizing it :-)

When we got back from the other hotel the manager greet us with a bouquet of lotus flowers congratulating us on our honeymoon and told us the flowers were originally for the gods for luck and prosperity and wished us the same and added, "and hopefully a baby soon". We laughed and he gave us some carrot orange ginger juice as we did some paper work. The manager was very friendly thru our stay and always checked how our day was and he was quite funny.

The whole staff was very sweet and very attentive. It really felt like they trained the staff well to make guests feel at home (every time you return to the hotel they greet you saying, "welcome home"), which feel great on long trips.

I had sprained my ankle during the temple visit and had walked in with a slight lump and the concierge noticed it as soon as I walked in the lobby and asked what happened. She then said she will send some ice to the room. I was surprised the attention to detail she had and felt much better after icing in the evening.

The breakfast there was included and it was pretty good. Like I said we've stayed in various hotels so these are subjective to which other hotels I compare to. The food was generally good at the hotel. But I really love the staff. They are so friendly and if you have any food allergies or aversions they will make accommodations to help you. I can't eat coriander/cilantro which seems to be a staple here so when I ordered a noodle soup it came with it. When I asked if that was coriander the waiter actually apologized (it wasn't his fault at all. I forgot to tell him I can't have it) and smiled and took it away. He brought me another one in few minutes. They were checking if we needed anything, but not being over bearing and hovering. When my husband and I were eating breakfast he disappeared for about 15 minutes and I found out that he was just chatting with the chef and one of the waiters having a great time.

On our last night the manager was asking when our flight will be and when we told him we plan to leave around 3pm, he said he will check if the room is available for us (check out is normally at 12pm) and he came back and told us that we can stay until we need to leave for the flight. He just wanted to make sure we were comfortable.

Overall this was a great stay and I think the resort is just as good as the club just newer so it doesn't have as high reviews. (We planned our trip pretty much based on TA reviews so it's important to us). If I come to Siem reap again I'm coming back to the shintamani resort and telling all my friends just to stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple