“Good hotel - but REALLY loud until 1am”

and 1 more site!
Sun Sengky Guest House
Ranked #306 of 529 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were recommended this hotel by some friends who had stayed here, we specifically asked if it was noisy and they said it wasn't.

We were shown a tiny double room that was next to reception and therefore next to the main doors. It had one blocked up window and the other window faced a wall. We asked for another room and they gave us room 123 on the top floor. It was a twin room, but that suited us fine. It was much bigger too.

Unfortunately, there is live music from the Triangle Bar across the road until 1am. It's so loud that they may as well be in your room serenading you with hits from Adele and Village People. When you are in bed trying to sleep, it's fun to listen to works that don't translate too well. Like 'tambourine'.

The location was good though, right next to Pub Street.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

It is located next to Pub Street, still we couldn't hear any loud noises in our room. The owner is a really nice and friendly person. I lost my tablet in the lobby and he took care of it and gave it me back. Sure that is what you should normally expect. But I made also a worse experience with a lost GoPro in Thailand, where I didn't receive it back as they were saying they didn't found it, what obviously was wrong.
Rooms are quite comfortable with fridge and LCD TV. Twin Bedroom with AC cost us 18 Dollar a night which I think is a great value for that.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Right in the middle of Sivatha street, so everything's walking distance from there (night markets, pub street, old market, etc). For 10 dollars a night plus 1 dollar for hot water for a comfy room for 2 (they even allowed 3 of us for a night without extra charge), it's a really good deal. Rooms are clean and staff are very friendly. Would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Found this place by chance walking off the street. Great price $11 for a fan room and the location is excellent- right near the main going out street- Pub Street. However you can hear the music from the local bars till very late at night so wont work if youre an early riser

Stayed here 3 nights, first night was fine,the second night however my room was incredibly hot, like a sauna. I couldnt sleep as it was so hot and was drenched in sweat all night despite having the fan on full blast all night. I am very low maintenance and am usually perfectly happy with just a fan in my room, but this room was unbearable. During the next day I decided to have a nap in the afternoon and again found the heat in the room sweltering despite the fan being on full blast.. When I actually stepped outside of my room and went outside to the street I realised outside was cooler than my room!!! Which is saying something as the temp was at least 34 degrees outside!

on my final night i opted to pay for air conditioning as found the heat unbearable- so all in all it was $18 for the last night which makes it slightly higher than a budget hotel.

Clean , good location and ok staff- so no complaints, the only drawback is that the rooms seem to trap heat making it impossible to sleep without air con.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank djmuirhead
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

On the main drag yet set back from the street, this very quiet family run guest house is in the very best spot in Siem Reap. Being here for 2 weeks, we received a 15% discount which made it an even greater value at $17 a night. The room are clean, beds comfortable, WiFi in the room, and 2 bottles of water left by the maid who cleans daily. Our room has air conditioning, a fan, and a flat screen TV on the wall. Having enough hot water has not been an issue. While breakfast is not included, we roll out of bed and find ourselves steps away from Pub street which one can find a very large selection of inexpensive breakfast choices. Our favorite is the Red Piano for eggs and toast for $1.50.
The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Family run - friendly people at the desk. Simple clean rooms but perfect for my needs, including budget. I only ever need a fan but aircon available. Wifi in rooms now. Rooms are cleaned daily.
You cannot go wrong for approx $10 a night in a location which is right in down town Siem Reap - a minute walk from Pub Street. BUT rooms are quiet - I always sleep well here.
I have stayed here on at least 8 other occasions - travelling and working.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Greg L
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Great location, near the nightmarket and Pub Street.
Good rooms, we had one with two windows which was really nice.
Water though was cold, and nothing else special to mention.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends