“Brilliant day out with top tour guide”

Paul's Alternative Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Paul's Alternative Private Day Tours offers a truly amazing experience that most other tours don't provide! We don't just do the normal Angkor Wat tours, although we can provide temples tours if that is what you're after! Instead we take you away from the usual tourist traps and get you out into the real Cambodia! We offer a range of tours including leisure tours, cultural tours, entertainment tours and photography tours. We also give back to the local community with Paul's Food Parcel Programme. We arrange food parcels for underprivileged families in and around Siem Reap. Please see our website for more information.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Brilliant day out with top tour guide”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I had just arrived in Siem reap and saw a poster for Paul's Alternative Tours in my guest house , I am so glad I booked as I had such an amazing day and as I'm here for 5 weeks I shall be using this company again (and again)
Paul is very knowledgable with a brilliant sense of humour , we went to one of the floating villages , had an amazing lunch , walked round a village , welcomed into villagers house , the children were so happy to see Paul , his tours obviously make a huge positive difference to their lives , we took them food parcels and I felt incredibly privileged to be there . Thank you Paul for such a fun , informative and memorable day , can't wait to do another tour

Phu Quoc
“Unique Alternative Tour”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Pauls Alternative is definitely the way forward. He took my Vietnamese wife and family out and about the Tonle Sap and beyond to give them the most authentic Cambodian experience they could have had.

My wife who at best does not do to well with car sickness found the drive rather pleasant as there was non of the typical rush and manic driving one experience’s with other companies.

The Pagoda’s visited were spectacular and best of all was that my family were the only ones there amongst the locals playing and praying. A truly unique experience for the entire family. I can say first hand that Paul worked for every cent as to impress Vietnamese country pumpkins is a difficult task.

The lake itself was wonderful, rather warm, but that was the time of year and nothing to complain about as Paul had plenty of water for them, which was ice cold. Paul arranged a small sleeping corner for my daughter to catch a nap on the boat, making sure that she was taken care of and gave my wife piece of mind.

Paul was very informative and even with the rest of my wife’s families limited English he showed great patients with my wife translating and never got bothered by it all as I would.

Highlight for my wife and my 2,5 year old daughter was having lunch and supporting the local farm that Paul took them to, of which we had to go back to the next day to buy more vegetables for her to take back to Vietnam as they were so natural and tasty. (A mother thing I guess).My daughter loved running around with the other kids and took an instant liking to the old lady of the commune who took her around and showed her the pigs and chickens.

Even though it has taken me an age to post this comment, of which I hope Paul still remembers us. All I can say is THANK YOU so much and I can have definitely spread the word to all my friends travelling to Siem Reap to look you and take one of the many tours you offer. We will be back especially for your Champagne Sunset tour that we did not have time to go on when we were there.

Overall, if one has not got the message as of yet, Paul’s Alternative Tours is the way forward. Especially for families that want to be taken care of personally rather than in huge groups that have fixed itineraries. Paul, hope you all the success in your enterprise.

Regards

Ben

Visited March 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Break from the usual tour experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you want to avoid the canned, one-size-fits all tour, Paul provides a great offering. I appreciated the chance to visit with a Cambodian family at their home. He was very responsive and flexible as we worked to build the itinerary - most of my planning and requests were last minute. His driver, Mr. Kim Hean, was extremely gracious, punctual and speaks good English. Given the notoriety of tuk tuk drivers, it was another plus to have trustworthy transportation. Paul is fairly new to the game and still developing his total package of offerings, but his genuine care for your experience and hustle make up for it. Would definitely recommend!

Berkeley, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great trip, great cause”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had an enjoyable day with Paul visiting the village, Tonle Sap, and phnom krom. It was a very unique experience, being able to see the house Paul helped build for a local family and seeing the connection he made with the members of the household. It gave me a more holistic view of the life of people living in Cambodia, very educational. Also ran into a mushroom farm while at the village, interesting stuff. Unfortunately, it was rain season when I visited and I could not catch the sunset for the third day in a row, but the view on top of Phnom Krom was just simply amazing. Paul was very flexible and made sure that my requests were fulfilled, as I made several changes of mind while on the trip. Highly recommended for everyone who is interested in getting more out of their trip than just temple visiting, and part of Paul's income even goes into helping out the local family as he does a food parcel system, and deliver food for under privileged families regularly.

Visited July 2014
“A tour not to be missed”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you want to see the real Cambodia with someone with knowledge and a taste for Cambodian life and it`s people Pauls Alternative tours is the one, not only very informative he looks after everybody and makes sure they enjoy the whole experience. Its helps that Paul his self is a lovely man and the work he does for the people there is expentional.. Def be going back when I head to Cambodia again :)

Visited January 2014