“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #66 of 495 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The hotel is lovely. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable with a small balcony overlooking the pool. Very pleasant after a day exploring the city. I was here for a week as I came down with flu and stayed in the hotel most of my stay. The food at the restaurant is not fabulous but it is ok. The only drawback or advantage, depending how you look at it, is the location. Not in the centre of town which means it is quiet but it means you need a tuktuk every time you want to go anywhere. I tried walking it but the heat made it unbearable.

1 Thank GlobeSupernova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Battambang, Cambodia
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I was return back to stay with my long holiday again to this villa on August. The pool is clean and well maintained and the room we had was roomy and clean.The staff are so helpful and friendly. It's an easy go to the market and pub street with a great selection of restaurants. The hotel is well presented and great value establishment.I will stay here again and highly recommended to any one.

Room Tip: Room on the higher floors is fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vichea V
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked this hotel through expedia.com for 2 nigths stay. after checking in, I and my wife decided to stay longer becoz hotel is quite good, excellence service, nice breakfast, big rooms and fantastic pool. If you travel for business or leisure this place is the best in this city. I will stay here again and highly recommended to any one.

Room Tip: Up stair rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Scote P
Ken168, Manager at La Residence WatBo Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Scote P.

Thank you for your candid comment on our services. We really appreciate and happy to learn from your review and try our best to keep up the service standard in order to fulfill the customer's needs and wants.

We look forward to have the chance to welcome you, your family and your friends to the La Niche d'Angkor Villa. Direct enquiry will be available at info@lanichedangkorvilla.com

Once again, thank you very for taking time to write the value feedback.

Sincerely yours;
Roth
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great hotel - particularly the pool, which my room opened onto so wicked for morning swims - had it to myself most the time too (room was left hand block in hotel's photo, far bottom corner). Down side is it's a little hidden away, which was perfect in many ways but I did get lost a few times when walking back at night (but that's half the fun, innit).

Green Star restaurant, about ten minute walk away on same side of the river as the villa, is definitely worth a visit.

3 Thank MDale82
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel (Villa) should not be confused with the other Le Niche, which is on Street 27, and nearer to the town. But the distance doesn't really matter: this hotel is fantastic! It is new, which means that everything works, the rooms are clean and tastefully decorated (with AC), the pool is beautiful, and you have everything you need from the outstanding staff on reception and on the bar. The staff here were some of the friendliest and most helpful people we have met in our tour of SeA. The airport pick up is by tuk tuk, which was an amazing surprise for us, and a lovely introduction to Siem Reap!! The hotel organised two tours for us, both of which were excellent, and there was no problem with airport return, or with laundry service, or tuk tuks into town.

The one small caveat we would offer visitors traveling there now, or in the next couple of months, is that there is substantial road works underway on the street leading up to the hotel. This didn't cause any noise,but it meant that the walk into town was a little dangerous, and unpleasant. We walked back from town one evening around 10pm and the road was completely dark. Perhaps Le Niche would consider putting some lights up on the street leading to the hotel?

Otherwise, we loved our stay at this hot, and would recommend it fully or it's service and facilities.

Room Tip: First floor was great, and all rooms overlook the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ainehyland
Berwick, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

What a wonderful hotel. We stayed 7 nights in March for our 20th anniversary. Friendly, clean, large rooms and we had a balcony. Great location just a short walk to Pub Street or a $1 ride by tuk tuk. The staff were friendly and polite. It was quiet and peaceful. The cocktails were great and so was the food in the restaurant. I had accidentally left my keys for my suitcase lock at home. One of the staff came up about 11.00 at night and hacksawed it off for me and then they gave me two more suitcase locks for free. My husband and I would certainly return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zsolty2014
Battambang, Cambodia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have been here for 2 nights in early of February. Staff was very friendly, rooms are large and pretty good with private balcony. Just 10 minutes walking to old market and pub street. Everything are excellent during my stay. Yes, will stay here again and recommended this place.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor if you are older than 60 years of age.
1 Thank Vichea V