First the positives
- staff (couldn't be better)
- good food / drinks selection
- complimentary WiFi
- chill out pool (after lots of temples)
- spa treatments very good
- spacious rooms with overhead fans and air con.
- $2 dollar taxi ride to pub street (where most of the restaurants are)
- limited sun beds
- a few too many mosquito's in the room
- no balcony
- very thin walls (we like/ need lots of rest and relaxation)
The hotel staff were top class with everything. Very hard working and always aim to please. Sometimes the language barrier slowed things down [I don't speak Khymer (Cambodian) and definitely not complaining] but that's part of the fun.
To the people saying its noisy by the pool you are all very very wrong. This is a pool situated in a CITY. A busy busy CITY. So if it was noisy fair point but it is NOT. Cambodian's do not drive fast, they do not honk their horns, it's silent, organised chaos. Like I said the pool is a very relaxing place.
Basically this is a small, boutique hotel with lots going for it - We wouldn't necessary have chosen it but is was included in our tour package- But if its in your price band then I'd highly recommend it.
Try the FCC club - happy hour (5-7pm) very good cocktails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare for divine inspiration! The temples of Angkor, capital of Cambodia's ancient Khmer empire, are the perfect fusion of creative ambition and spiritual devotion. HanumanAlaya, Angkor's very own boutique residence, is just a short distance away from these magnificent temple monuments and is the perfect blend of traditional Khmer design and sophisticated international amenities. Many guests love our idyllic retreat. Our guest book is a eulogy to hospitality: a 'wonderful place', 'excellent service', a 'perfect retreat'. 'Paradise'. Lovingly finished in wood and elegantly decorated in local antiques and handicrafts, the HanumanAlaya is a home more than a hotel and guests find it the perfect place to unwind after an adventurous day exploring Angkor Wat and the many other temples. Surrounded by lush gardens, a swimming pool, tropical plants, and a soothing Spa, it is an idyllic retreat from the bustle of Siem Reap beyond, a stay to be savoured rather than rushed. Angkor is a magical experience, one that will stay with visitors forever. Make it more memorable at HanumanAlaya by immersing yourself in our rooms with a personal touch. We are delighted to invite you to visit our sister property, HanumanAlaya Villa, located just 5mn walk from the main hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanumanalaya Boutique Residence Hotel Siem Reap