Hotel Somadevi Angkor Resort & Spa
US$98
US$93
US$104
US$92
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$195
US$80
US$50
US$198
US$178
US$146
1,508 results
All reviewsswim up barnight marketpub streettuk tukwithin walking distancegreat poolpool areabreakfast buffetcentral locationhotel lobbylarge hotellarge poolexcellent hotelnoodle souppacked breakfastold marketpleasant stay
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

Nice clean room with view of the pool. Staff were excellent and even the staff that had limited English did their very best to help.

Pool was amazing and the staff whipped around it almost immediately after anyone got out to dry up the sides. Great service again.

Reception was pleasant and always helpful and professional.

Breakfast - amazing, absolutely amazing.

The building and rooms themselves are slightly outdated but that was only a minor flaw in am otherwise perfect stay. We'll gladly go back there.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed there in December 2012, and found the hotel to be pretty central to food places, museums, night market, and an excellent spa centre just around the corner.

I really loved the pool and all the staff who were so friendly & helpful. After a day of sightseeing at the temples, i just want to soak in the pool and take away my tiredness. And the staff there were so great, I was so impressed. Food was great, timing was fast, and smiley staff all the way...

And truth be told, I had misplaced my mobile phone at the lobby. The staff were quick to respond to my distress and helped me get it back. I am impressed by their honesty, and helpfulness.

But the rooms are basic, beds might not fit everyone's needs but they got the service part right and it was impressive.

This is a value for money hotel and I would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Stayed here for last 2 nights of an organised tour. As I was then travelling alone, I checked out price and thought it was such a bargain I would stay another couple of nights by myself! Huge, huge swimming pool, amazing breakfast buffet and nightly dance show I could watch from my balcony. Lovely comfy bed and pillow (why are most pillows in Cambodia so hard?) Staff also very helpful, and no problem keeping the same room overlooking the pool that I'd had on the tour (I did think they might move me to a worse room,but no). Easy walk into main town centre. Very good Indian restaurant right outside (although look rough), supermarket opposite for odds and ends. Didn't try the evening meal so can't comment but would definitely recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool if you don't mind the nightly dance show music!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights whilst in Siem Reap. The hotel is a really nice hotel with an excellent pool to cool off in at the end of a dusty day. The rooms were a good size and the bathrooms huge with a great shower. The hotel is ideally located to travel by foot into town for dinner and the night markets. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I returned to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Somadevi was a great place to stay, close to the main strip of Siem Reap and equipped with great facilities. The Breakfast was good with great omelets, and waffles on offer. They aslo had Pho type soup and a full buffet of other items.

The beds were the best i have slept in in ages, while firm, they were soft on the top rather than being like a plank of wood which i have seen in a lot of Asian hotels. The room was well presented, clean and tidy. Wifi coverage was extensive and reliable.

Room Tip: Get a bed under level 4 as the lifts don't go to level 5.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends