Hotel Somadevi Angkor Resort & Spa
Official Site
US$57
US$44
Agoda.com
Le Meridien Angkor(Siem Reap)
US$133
US$129
  • Breakfast included
US$151
US$144
1,494 results
All reviewsswim up barnight marketpub streettuk tukwithin walking distancegreat poolpool areabreakfast buffetcentral locationhotel lobbylarge hotellarge poolexcellent hotelnoodle souppacked breakfastold marketpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

An over crowded hotel lobby with artifacts mostly wood. Good clean place with all sort of information. Rooms over looking the pool. Slow lifts. Rooms are little old fashion but clean and neat. Cannot sit in the balcony since the AC outdoor unit heat is too intense.
Easy walk to the Main pub street and night market. Lovely shops and a mall near by. Various eatery joints but the food at the restaurant also is good.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the middle of the block, so you have a direct view to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I've read a lot of great reviews about this hotel and that's why I chose this hotel. However, it fall short of my high expectation. I travelled with my mom who is super fussy.

The first room that they gave us was a triple room and there was only two of us. The room was on the ground floor. The room had a very bad smell. We said no to that one. Then we were moved to the room next to it.

Similar to the first one, it had very bad smell, and the beds were not properly done and the room was rather dark. We refused to accept it. The bellboy said there was no more room available as all rooms are fully booked. Then I complaint at the reception.

After waiting for 15 mins, the finally gave us a room on the 4th floor, facing the main entrance. This was much better than the earlier two rooms. But the balcony is not clean as there were a few lizards' droppings on the balcony railing.

I left my half-eaten red-bean bun on the table and within 10 mins, it was all covered with ants! Thank God I noticed it when I was about to put the bun into my mouth.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I don't find the hotel lobby was being very welcoming. Maybe because of its interior with teak wood chairs and all. Not to my liking.

I find our stay there for 2 nights was just average.. nothing to shout about.

Plus point: the hotel has an excellent swimming pool. It is also very close to the city centre and you can simply walk there.

Room Tip: Don't accept rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Somadevi Angkor H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Somadevi Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greeting from HOTEL SOMADEVI ANGKOR RESORT & SPA!
We are on behalf of SOMADEVI team would like to say thank very much for stay and using our service during your trip in Siem Reap Cambodia. We are deeply apologized any inconvenience and we will improved our service and property. we are sure that will not happen again in future. We really appreciate for what you have wrote on and your feedback our service. we are hoping, you will come to stay with us again in the nearest future.

Regards,
Phirom Kong

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This was the fourth hotel we stayed at in a recent three and a half week trip round Vietnam and Cambodia. As with the previous three we were really unable to fault anything about the hotel. If we really wanted to nit pick perhaps we could find something, but that would not be fair. The staff were most friendly and helpful on our arrival and the service stayed the same during our stay. The room was excellent, breakfast was more than adequate and the evening meal was above average and very reasonably priced. Put their UK counterparts to shame. If I could go back to Cambodia tomorrow I would not hesitate to stay at the Somadevi again. Than you for making the end of our stay in Cambodia every bit as good as the rest of our stay in both Cambodia and Vietnam, excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is so close to the centre of the city it is easy to walk everywhere.Their Breakfast choice was excellent. Staff were very helpful and the rooms were well sized. We stayed 5 nights and part of the deal included an evening meal in their restaurant. Great service and would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Rear rooms in the newer section are higher quality and obviously cost more but would suggest booking a room in the older section but facing the pool. Front rooms over look the hotel driveway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue N
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Rooms were lovely and very clean. The breakfast was included and this was also very good. Lots of choices and all very fresh. Location was excellent. Just up the road from the shops and restaurants. Only a short ride away from the temples. Would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2013