“Great location”

Hotel Somadevi Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #111 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed for 2 nights visiting Angkor Watt, very helpful staff, large clean room, effective wifi, delicious breakfast & only a few minutes from the hive of activity of Pub Street but far enough away not to be bothered with the noise!! Super restaurent across the road . A very enjoyable stay after a hectic couple of days in Phnom Phen

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I arrived at this hotel very late after a long trip from Phnom Pen. Then the hotel we had previously booked was horrible. Our tuktuk driver took us here and I arrived wearing a vest, shorts and sandles. When I walk up to the reception I did not get a wark welcome. When I asked how much the room were they told me they didnt have any. I asked him if he could give me the telephone number for the Victoria Angkor hotel as I knew it was good. So we will go there. for 3 nights.
He seemed to change then and said he has found us a room.
The room was big, clean and had everything you would need. But there was a big crack in the sink and the door knob missing off the patio door. My wife went out and coudnt get back in. Not some thing you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The toilet role holder fell on the floor and rolled under the sink unit. You could see it clearly but my wife and I couldnt bend down to get it. It was there for the 3 days we were there. The cleaners couldnt be bothered to put it back, just left the toilet rolls on the sink unit.
The breakfast was good but some times you had to wait until thing were topped up. Did not eat in the resteraunt at night so cant comment on that. The hotel is in a good possition, quiet and only few minutes walk to the night life.
Next time we will go to Victoria Angkor Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank safariselb
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed this hotel for 5days. The breakfast was very delicious and I ate the meal too much.
I got aromatherapy massage for 85min. It was so relaxing and the therapist was good at massage. I want to come back again.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

After a horrid 7 hour bus ride from Phnom Penh, arriving at the Somadevi was like being rescued! Check in was quick and simple and thankfully i was up to my suite in no time. Gorgeous room on the third floor, lots of space and a huge king size bed. The bathroom was amazing, big bath and the best shower ever! Balcony that overlooked the pool and was great to just sit back and relax on (as long as you're bathed in bug spray)

A very, very peaceful nights sleep which was needed as i was feeling pretty ill. My 2 am call to the front desk after being ill and needing the sheets on the bed changed was handled with concern and the offer of in room medical assistance. Housekeeping was very understanding and very quick with remaking the bed so i could get back to sleep and get over whatever "thing" had hit my system.

All of the staff very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic with a huge choice and overall the hotel was just a great place to stay. Would definitely come back.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We had a great stay at Somadevi. The hotel was a little less than a ten minute walk from pub street, so was spacious and out of the noise but was still very close to the action. The staff were friendly and helpful, and even packed breakfast for us and had it waiting at reception at 4.30am when we went to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat. The hotel is well maintained, rooms are spacious and clean, and breakfast was amazing. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahG2967EE
Reviewed 18 December 2013

From the day I come to this hotel began my headaches. They assigned to me a bedroom in the fifth floor. What a surprise, the elevator was getting only to the fourth floor having to use the stairs to reach my room on the fith floor. The room was located in the last corner of the hotel so I refuse to take it and request to be changed to other floor. Initially they said to me that there were no rooms available so only when I said to them that I would not stay and would change the hotel it was when they decided to give me a room in the first floor.
The Internet practically did not work the majority of the days and when it was picking the sign it was so weak making imposible to open the web pages.
The bath was dirty, especially the shower and worst to say of the towels, old and rattans.
When I went out I left my key room in the recepwtion. Coming back in the afternoon they could not find it having to issue a new one. What a waist of time!!
A hotel for more ancient it should keep the minimal standards and definitively this place is not a 4 stars hotel anymore.
I choosed this hotel because the good reviews in tripadvisor but definitively was the big mistake I did in my journey.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Miguel B
Somadevi Angkor H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Somadevi Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greeting from HOTEL SOMADEVI ANGKOR RESORT & SPA!
We are on behalf of SOMADEVI team would like to say thank very much for stay and using our service during your trip in Siem Reap Cambodia. We are deeply apologized any inconvenience and we will improved our service and property. we are sure that will not happen again in future. We really appreciate for what you have wrote on and your feedback our service. we are hoping, you will come to stay with us again in the nearest future.

Regards,
Phirom Kong

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We spent seven nights in this hotel. Our room with a balcony and pool side view, was very nice and comfortable. Room size was spacious, including the bath room. It was tidy and clean. The only drawback was the fixed sprinkle without hose in the bath tub.

We enjoyed the services, rich choices of breakfast and the airport pick up services.

Room Tip: Facing the pool side but not on the 5th floor (lift service up to 4th floor only)