The Golden Banana is not the most luxurious hotel in the world, but it's definitely my favourite. This visit was my second time visiting and I doubt the last.
The vibe in the hotel (and nearby resort) is a laid back, comfortable one. The staff are an absolute dream, enjoying the lovely Cambodian characteristics that make the people so god damn loveable.
The hotel is small and set around a dreamy salt water pool with a delicious waterfall whose sound adds to the tranquility of the day when sunbathing. Because the way the hotel is laid out, you do need to jump around sun loungers to get the sun all day. We moved to the resort when the sun wasn't around the hotel.
Rooms are comfortable and cute and well equipped. There were a good few mozzies lurking in there but we sprayed them out and bought some coils for hanging out on the balcony at night.
We had a lil issue with a blocked toilet which wasn't a dream.
Overall though, if I ever owned a hotel, I'd model it on this one. It makes me very happy staying here. I tried to wangle a job but alas to no avail. Devo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Banana Boutique Hotel by Rambutan. Villas built in traditional pagoda style in garden setting -5 minutes walking distance to the old centre of Siem Reap -Located in a quiet residential area - Swimming pool with fountain and cocktail bar -Gay friendly. Visiting the temples of Angkor Wat is an experience you will never forget. Staying in our lovely Hotel makes that experience even better. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rambutan Hotel Siem Reap reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Golden Banana Boutique
- Golden Banana Boutique Siem Reap