Same Same Backpacker, Siem Riep
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Villa Um Theara(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
La Riviere d'Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
City River Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewsangkor watpub streetwalking distancehostelcambodiatour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I came here for lunch on the recommendation of a friend who raved about the food and told me the chef had won some culinary awards. I can only assume that that chef has gone elsewhere as I did not have a good experience. On my first visit, I ordered vegetarian curry with tofu. The tofu was not fried and had just basically been cut off a block and large chunks thrown in the curry. The only other veg in the dish were potato, carrots and onions. It was not inedible just extremely mediocre. Thinking I had must have chosen poorly, I went back for breakfast a few days later and tried the eggs benedict. Although the menu stated it was served on a toasted English muffin, mine came on a non toasted hamburger bun and was ice cold. I sent it back and went elsewhere for breakfast. There are several really tasty and inexpensive restaurants in the area so don't waste your time or money at Same Same.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and quite helpful. Excellent bar/restaurant area to hang out in and meet other travellers. The private rooms were very basic (a table would have been awesome, but oh well) but highly functional. Pool table, music going all the time...just good overall vibes

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Its located in the centre of the city, so travelling around is very easy. The area is quiet at night, good place to have a good sleep. They have Bicycle rental with the price of only 1.50 USD/day!!!!! That is the cheapest price I found through out the area. Its not 24 hour, but you can rent it for 1 day(you are not cycling while you sleep anyway). As for me, I rented the bike starting from 4.30am and cycle to Angkor Wat to catch the sunrise. I return the bike around 10pm.

The receptionists were very friendly and they are very helpful. They have a lounge at the lobby with a pool table for free. Free wifi available with pretty good speed.

The rooms are ok. Quite clean and tidy. The bathroom are attached. Overall I had a very pleasant stay at this hostel. Definitely recommend and worth its price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The room was very simpel, however (probably thanks to that) it was very clean. The restaurant/bar has a real good vibe and the food is great! Extensive menu with many international and local dishes, and nice smoothies and cocktails. We stayed here for three nights and we didn't eat at other restaurants :p

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed three nights at Same Same Backpackers in Siem Reap, we were picked up at the bus station for free and had a nice comfortable bed and much needed AC for 10 USD a night. There are great deals on drinks and food throughout the whole day. It's a ten minute walk from pub street, or a one dollar tuk tuk ride. The staff at Same Same are awesome and very accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to everyone. It is also very new and clean.

• Stayed: May 2014