“a splendid place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Green Village Angkor Hotel
Ranked #109 of 279 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
London, United Kingdom
“a splendid place to stay”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is home away from home for short and long term visitors to Siem Reap. Friendly helpful staff and beautiful gardens, nice food and such a lovely quiet location. I recommend it to all kinds of visitors, and would not want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: when I was there some building work was happening on the town side so if that isn't finished try...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank helene f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I visited this place awhile ago, but the memory is still fresh. This place is reasonable for such a lovely service they offer. The bartender was such a lovely guy; really made us felt special. He took us out to the club and showed us around. The rooms were nice size. I felt really bad as I am a very messy person, I pulled all of my clothes out of my suitcase and had it everywhere on the floor, and to come back seeing it all folded nicely on my bed was such a shock.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Arrived at this $20 usa a night hotel which in Cambodian standards is expensive - nice pool, good choice of breakfast, rooms were not up to scratch & a building site next door!

Female staff can be rude, we asked her to order a coach for us, she forgot so the male staff ordered for us - they told us to be up at 7am to catch the coach at 7.30am. Coach came at 7 & told us off - & wouldn't allow us our breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SquirtRedcar
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at the Green Village Palace for 5 nights. After the first night we were tempted to see what else was out there at the same price range, but we couldn't bring ourselves to leave because the staff were so awesome. We felt like we were coming home each night and really enjoyed the outdoor atmosphere (pool, bamboo hut bar, hammocks, outdoor seating, etc). Sen at the bar was very funny and just great to get to know (really enjoyed hanging with him), Samaly really cares about her guests and is just attentive to anything you might need. The young guy who is helping and learning English is a doll.

Overall, Siem Reap can be overwhelming ...both physically exhausting if you are spending your days going to all the temples, and emotionally taxing after being hounded to buy things all day from everyone (its not possible to help or buy from everyone and it just wears on you and your mood after a while). So for us - coming home to Green Village Palace felt like a perfect sanctuary away from the craziness and with warm, welcoming staff who were truly interested in how your day was.

That aside - this place has so much more potential and I would love to see management invest in some renovations (new paint, new linens, update bathrooms...check out plumbing b/c we found the water smelled a bit rusty). BUT... still with all this, we would recommend this property because of the staff alone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maureen M
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Great hotel at walking distance from centre. Perfect when travelling with kids: nice, small swimmingpool, very helpful staff, family room @ 30$ with 5 breakfasts "a la carte" included. Can arrange reliable transport to angkor, thailand,...

• Stayed August 2011
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Me and my fella stayed at the Green Village Palace this summer whilst traveling around South East Asia. As soon as we arrived we had a warm welcome from the lovely staff who greeted us with fresh orange juice - went down well after a long journey. We were very impressed with the room, it was clean and modern with some nice finishes like the cambodia silk cushions on the bed and a fridge with free bottled water. The tropical garden surrounding the guesthouse is a great place to relax after a day at the temples, it has hammocks and a small swimming pool to cool off.
We found the staff to be very helpful in helping us organise trips and find our way around Siem Reap, we will be keeping in touch with Soeun - a young lad working there part time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Have recently completed my fourth stay at this lovely small hotel close to the main part og town. As usual, I was treated with complete friendliness and they greeted me like I was one of the family. From the time they picked me up at the airport and for the duration of my stay, it was totally professional. I heard from them about some supposed thefts of money from rooms, and I do not beleive this for one minute. I have left small amounts out in the past and never was a single dollar missing. I even made up signs for them a year ago disclaiming anything left in the rooms and not put away in the hotel security area. I do not beleive their staff would take any money and I put the blame on some unscrupulous people who are out for thier own designs disregarding the fact that they are taking advantage of poor people from a third world country. Any body who goes on this site and says they have lost money here are not rtelling the truth, simple as that!!

Room Tip: in the high season, be sure to verify your booking before the fact.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo