“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #119 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A good hotel at a great price . Be it a little old but has charm. Good pool but limited has decking space to lie down . Breakfast normal and on par with most hotels . Room seize good but a very poor bathroom.
Great location with a easy walk to Pub Street or the Night market ( roads can be very in very poor repair though out Cambodia ..as is with the one outside the hotel )

Room Tip: Pick a room above the 3rd floor and pool facing. This hotel as with most hotels can be a little n...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bearsden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a good value hotel near Pub St in Siem Reap. Rooms are OK, breakfast was typical and the pool small but not very sunny. I would probably opt for another hotel if I was to visit Siem Reap again however this hotel was not bad, just OK.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Ask for a new room.
Great value. The bathroom is very nice and clean,
One thing the picture of the pool is....optimistic. Still nice though.
Good experience
Staff very very nice.
Don't understand the other negative reviews.
The spa is a good value as well.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hangzhou, China
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel is located in the opposite of old market, bar street, cross the river. Only 5 mins by walk.
After a trip to Angkor, every body will go to the old market / bar street for relaxing. My arrangement is back to hotel around 4 PM, and swimming for 1.5 hrs, have a rest, go for dinner in the bar street at 6:30, following the visiting of old market.
The Hotel shows their warm just from the beginning with a cup of juice. All employees are kindly to answer any question. Room is normal. Breakfast has lot of options. cocktail at swimming pool give deeply impression. Nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank XL5566
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This place was great. Close enough to and far enough away from Pub Street.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Breakfast was inconsistent - one morning the options were plentiful then next not so much variety.
The pool is clean and bar service great.
If you have laundry don't use the hotel. There is a laundry across the road which is cheap and quick.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank STEV72
San Fran
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I scouted hotels on foot my first day here. Asked to see a room and was quoted $65, $55, $50 dollars for Delux w/ balcony, Delux, and Superior room types, respectively. I asked to see a delux and a superior for contrast. I was shown a decent looking room in one part of the hotel as the delux room... I thought, ok, this is doable.

Next I was taken to another part of the hotel and shown what they call a superior room which is older, smellier and more stained. No thanks.

That night I went online and booked a delux room online for four nights at 38$. I think the superior quote was 31$... Far lower then the front desk had quoted me. Sweet! Right? Wrong!!!!

When I show up the next day, they show me to a room on the side of the hotel that was shown to me as superior the day before. I asked why... "Sir we have many kinds of delux and superior rooms and you booked a delux room, but you booked it at the royal crown hotel, NOT the royal crown hotel and SPA.

Come to find out the hotel in split into two different names... And two buildings connected by the same lobby, pool and restaurant.. This was not explained on my visit the prior day.

Ohhhhh... So you quote me a price too expensive for the low budget room, I take the matter into my own hands and book online for cheaper under the name DELUX which mind you was 10$ more than the superior online and you shuffle me into the older part of the hotel on the 5th floor.... The elevator only goes to the 4th floor... So you have to carry gear up two flights of stairs. Solid planning..

I kept my cool and I politely asked to be upgraded to which I was told the nice part of the hotel is all booked.

Out comes my laptop and I proceed to attempt to book four nights right in front of the guy in the nice part of the hotel...

"Sir, here, let me see what I can do"...

Yeaaaa....

What he could do was charge 10$ each for two nights for a upgrade and then move me back to the older part of the hotel for the last two nights I already paid for.

Needless to say, it was not a good experience.. The whole thing felt like a run around.

Never mind the other wonderful experiences like asking the hotel desk for some change for a 50$ bill ....I watch the guy open the drawer thumb through a stack of 1$ and 5$ 10$ and 20's and then tell me "what do you need the change for?...we need to keep change in the drawer."....Seriously?

Or when I ask the lobby bell boy approximate cost to hire a tuk tuk to go the temple of Angkor wat.. He replies "18 dollars.. You want? I get for you?!" ..."No no... Thank you just asking...", I said. Then proceeded outside and hired a very nice man with a tuk tuk for $12 dollars round trip.

Or the 9am Sunday morning construction on the room next to mine.

Bottom line for me is, everything about this hotel felt like service was the last resort and finding ways to extract money for no service was the whole point. As I write this on my way out of town I checked the prices for the nice part of the hotel... 41$ per night.. 10$ less than I was quotes for the lowest room rate... Ha

If you do stay here, the location is pretty good, but stay in the nicER part of the hotel called the royal crown hotel and SPA.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank dohbinator
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel is in a good location and within easy access of the markets and some good restaurants. We were given a room on the 5th floor in the older part of the hotel, where the lift only goes up to the 4th floor, so you have to use the stairs to get to the top floor. That's fine if fit and healthy, but could be a problem for some people. The bedroom was clean and the bed comfortable, but the curtains were ripped and we looked out onto the top floor of another building where the laundry was hung out to dry… not the most picturesque view! The bathroom was very dated and had a shabby & mouldy brown shower curtain… not very pleasant. Our room constantly lost wifi connection. Breakfast for both of us was included in the price and had a good choice of hot and cold food to suit all tastes. It is good value for money and I would stay again if guaranteed a room in the new wing of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer wing of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family