“Best deal hotel with great services”
Review of Angkor Hotel

Angkor Hotel
Ranked #254 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Best deal hotel with great services”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I booked this hotel during the online promotion with a 35 % discount. I found it to be really cheap. The hotel envirnment is decent and the food here also nice. The room size is reasonable and I was impressed the service which was good and prompt to my request. The hotel location is also convenient with all hotspot. It is just about 10-15 min drive to the famous angkor wat, Mekong Quilts, Old market and Quad Adventure. I stay at this hotel for only 2 days and i'm satisfied. Recommended!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank quyenn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2011

In my opinion the hotel is being run on a shoe string budget, power cuts, run out of food, toilet blocked, worn out towels etc the good point was the very clean pool but then they did not have enough towels or mattresses for the wooden sun loungers.
Problems during our stay;
Very little sound proofing in rooms (in the next room you could hear the phone ring, people opening and closing drawers also your could hear the water running when they had a shower - sounded like somebody was in our room taking a shower).
Air Conditioning fan was very noisy and there is very little control over the A/C but the worst was the hotel turned all the A/C off during the night so you just melted!
Our toilet was blocked but this was quickly cleared only to block again.
There was very little cold water pressure in the bathroom but good hot water pressure and consequently you got scalded in the shower, the water was so hard it was a waste of time trying to get the soap to lather, in fact it was the hardest water I ever used in an hotel.
Towels were worn out and like sand paper, there were no towels available at the pool on our first day, the second day we were told come back at 3pm.
You needed to get down to breakfast at 6am to make sure that that you could get the food because as some of the food run out it was not replaced (hoards of people from Chinese and Korea). We saw a waitress topping up the bread using tongs but dropped a slice on the floor, she bent down picked up the slice of the floor with the tongs and put it out to be eaten! We asked why certain food was not being replaced and was told they had no more. Did not see the main restaurant open at lunch time or the evening but there was another small area near the reception that you could order and eat food.
The was several power cuts at the hotel, luckily we were not in the lifts at the time!
Beds were rock hard great if you like rock solid beds but we did not, they were the hardest beds we slept in during out travel through out Vietnam and Cambodia. We were told by our tour rep that if you found the beds to hard ask at reception and they will change the mattress for a softer one, we asked several times but it did not happen!
On the good side the pool and water was very clean, probably one of the cleanest pools that have seen in a long while and I saw the staff water testing the water several times during the day. The down side was the lack of poolside towels and the lack of mattresses
for the wooden slatted sun loungers.
Overhaul in my opinion it appears that the hotel is being run on a shoe string budget, we had no say over staying here as it was pre-booked by our tour company. I know some reviews say it was cheap but we paid good money to our tour company for a tour of Vietnam and Cambodia and this hotel being the last stop put a real dampener on the holiday especially as it was the last three days of our tour.

• Stayed January 2011

Travellers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I tried to made reservation for Somadevi hotel or Steung Siemreap hotel which i heard that these are very nice hotel in Seam Reap. However unfortunately it was fully booked already.

Allson Angkor Paradise hotel was my last choice. there are only 3 rooms left..

I was impressed of the cleaness of hotel. it looks like it has been built less than a year ago.

I booked by my travel agency. it was only 50 dollars per night. but it was nothing worse than 70~80$ hotels in Seam Reap.

I was too busy to enjoy the swimming pool at that time.

but i could sleep and have breakfast very well during the stay.

I recoomend this hotel to all of you guys~

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank camkarona
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We stayed here as part of a Semester at Sea tour group of 35. The hotel was pleasant, staff very helpful and the pool extremely large and refreshing. Rooms were well equipped and nice, with dark wood floors and spacious bathrooms. For a group-oriented hotel, it was just fine. Not a lot of local character and not a place I'd stay in if traveling on my own, as it was too big for my taste, but overall a very nice place. The only oddity was that the hotel did not offer any sheets. Just a warm comforter (which I hope they washed after each guest stay).

Stayed November 2010
1 Thank thekma
singapore
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Clean and convenient. Friendly staff. Aircon was leaking in room, and they managed to fix it pretty quickly. They managed to arrange for an evening of dance and music, in a short notice. Good breakfast.

The only sad part is there is so much to do in Siem Reap, hardly managed to spend much time in the hotel.

Stayed August 2007, travelled with family