“Quietness close to town centre”

The Frangipani Green Garden Hotel & Spa
Ranked #181 of 486 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Avignon, France
“Quietness close to town centre”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Located really close to the animated town centre, this hotel is really what we were looking for: calm and comfort and every commodity within an easy reach. The hotel itself is nice, the staff members are all very friendly, professional and helpful. We enjoyed the swimming pool when it was too hot to walk around the city or the temples. The room itself was quite large and cosy, and we had no disturbing noise at all day or night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed for 13 days at this excellent guesthouse. We had a rocky beginning due to over booking and guests staying longer than initially booking. This was however rectified the next day. The young staff are friendly and helpful, nothing was too difficult for them to arrange. We stayed in the pool view room, not a great choice for us, as people were constantly using the pool. We then moved to a room on the second floor of the wooden building, much more private. A home away from home. The guesthouse/hotel was centrally located close to the river, night market etc. we thoroughly recommend this hotel and it's excellent staff. Adrianne & Terry, Australia.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. The staff is nice and helpful, the breakfast is average eggs toast some fruit. The pool is nice to chill afternoons. The school just across the hotel could be annoying sometimes but didnt bother us that much. Our room was a suite one and it was huge. The balcony was nice. We really enjoyed our stay here. It was not in the middle of pub street but 10 minutes walking distance. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 9 August 2013

After one night in another hotel we moved to "The Green Garden" . We planned to sleep 3 nights but stayed 5 ! Why?

+ Friendly staff: Good english speaking management, very helpfull.
+ Good kitchen crew, allways prepared to give good sevice
+ Nice swimming pool, very clean!
+ Large wood-decorated room (ask for the suite!)
+ Breakfast buffet was great
+ WiFi OK
+ Location: just a 10 minutes walk tot Pub street & the market . Near ATM, near supermarket
+ Really a nice green garden with lots of interesting details ( f.e. a boat!)

- The disco is not far away and can give some noise at night but with the airco running it was for me no problem

If we ever come back to Siem Raep ( to run the Ankhor marathon??) we will absolutely choose for the Garden again!

Room Tip: Ask for the suite. A bit more expensive but wow , how large they are!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kyoto, Japan
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed for 02 nights in this nice hotel. Mrs. Chantou, and other Front Office staff were very helpful. really feel warm and relaxing, after exhausted from Phnom Penh we got a King bed room and pool view, room just nice and perfect.

Room Tip: A best of boutique located in the central Siem Reap town
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mataing
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in this very nice and hospital hotel. The personnel where very nice and friendly. They where all professional in all concerns and very sincere and honest. I forgot my purse in the hotels restroom and the hotel manager made the effort to contact me via telephone and send me the purse with the Visa-card and money untouched. I highly recommend this hotel to anybody who is considering a hotel in this region.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Gunnel L
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

First I would like to draw your attention to the pictures on its Webpage "The Frangipani Green Garden". It is not like what "it says on the tin", most of its interiors have been painted over and it looks as if someone has done a bodged job. Not only that, they've increased the price (over-price!!!). Noisy due to the Cambodian style Karaoke late Night Club next door and you don't have to set up the alarm clock if you want to see sunrise - every morning blaring Tannoy with squeaky voice would wake you up that is from the private language school opposite calling out students' names. I thought I was used to such noise since I am Cambodian and had lived in Siem Reap for so many years but NO!!! the noise was unbearable.

Still worse to come, during my stay some of my valuable belongings were stolen from my room (R-117) and have never been recovered. I believe it was from the inside rather than from the outside based on the obvious security system that includes barb-wire-fences and security guards. Soon after I realised that my stuff were stolen I had informed the manager and asked him to call the police. He then told me that he had contacted the police (Tourist Police Department) but they were busy so he asked me what sort of time I would be free the next day he could then arrange for the police to come and investigate. I told him it would be around 10:30. However, at 10:30 am the next day, the police didn't turn up. The manager gave me the police number to call instead. I was shocked. After making a few phone calls myself to the police departments I realised that the manager had never called the police - what a liar! The story goes on. I spent exhausting three days dealing with this, but I had received an unsatisfactory solution.

I had stayed in this Guesthouse/Hotel? for a few times, but only my last stay I had the most terrible experience ever happened to me and when it comes to problem like this staff are not helpful. In other words, they don't give a [--]

I am Cambodian living in the UK and always come back to Siem Reap every year to family and friends. I strongly encourage you not to stay in this place if you don't want to ruin your holiday. Have a happy stay somewhere else not The Frangipani Green Garden.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Traveling293940
FrangipaniManagement, Manager at The Frangipani Green Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for providing your feedback via TripAdvisor. I fully emphasize with the unfortunate experience and we are truly sorry for that. Please allow me to share my findings following a detailed review of your stay. Since your openly posted review on TripAdvisor reflects quite negatively on the hotel, its management and services, I would like to share with all TripAdvisor-Reviewers (and the company TripAdvisor) that the hotel has indeed taken steps to cater to your specific needs.
- Interior design: the hotel is designed at the minimalist and really reflected exactly in the picture and nothing different from the real one
- Over room-price: we offered the special price for the guest and fit to our design and so far the price is acceptable to guests and there is such kind of complaints. We do not understand why you still booked Frangipani Green Garden hotel if there was a noise, price differences and painting issue as you mentioned, Frangipani Green Garden hotel is a peaceful place with big garden view and relaxing pool.
- Noisy due to the Cambodian style Karaoke late Night Club: we already investigated and there is no such kind of noise during the night time since the room was well designed to protect noise.
- Valuable belongings were stolen from the room: we took necessary action to investigate with the police. As a result, it is still under investigating. The stolen item that you mention are a matter of "he said/she said" so-to-speak. However, we tried every effort to work with you and police, and also having agreed to discount the room rate to 70% off, which cover almost 50% of your items. This is not to accept our internal staff stolen items but giving you a trust that we strongly participated even though you are not in Cambodia. We asked police to give the insurance certificate to claim in your country but they said, they will work on this case. If you have not received yet and, that make you reviewed us negatively, we felt really disappointed with all the efforts that we have done! We had guest forgotten their wallet with $1000 in cash, and we did make every effort to contact the guest and finally managed to deliver back untouched. They gave us an excellence review as well.

We again humbly apologize what have caused inconvenience to you. My note also goes to all TripAdvisor reviewers to confirm that we will work all of our best to improve our service to avoid any uncomfortable guest experience.

Although we would be grateful to discuss your unfortunate experience with you personally on the phone, we wanted to ensure that aforementioned points are shared with the reading audience as a continuation to the initial review. Please rest assured that Frangipani Green Garden Hotel takes the comfort of it's guest as a top priority.

With kind regards