“Most memorable experience! ”

Angkor Travel Photography - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Angkor Travel Photography offers tailor-made photography tours and workshops ranging from half-day excursions to tours lasting up to 2 weeks in Cambodia. We are professional photographers and our tours, lessons and workshops cater for all levels: from beginners keen to learn about the technical aspects of photography and composition through to professionals that want to tap into local knowledge to ensure they are in the right place at the right moment.
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

I was planning on a solo long weekend trip to Siem Reap from Singapore for my birthday. Since I was traveling alone, the idea of hiring a professional photographer for a travel portrait session came to my mind. I just googled "Siem Reap Photographers" and clicked on Angkor Travel Photography's web site. The imagery they produced immediately spoke to me---spontaneous, imaginative and full of life. Their website did not list portrait session as one of their services. Anyhow I decided to try my luck and drop them a email. Only several hours later, Mr. Régis Binard promptly replied my email, listing all the necessary information I need to know for the photo session. The communication had been very smooth in terms of expectation and logistics etc. He even offered to meet up and discuss the details on the day before the photoshoot.

When the day of the photoshoot came; Regis was waiting for me in my hotel lobby with the Tuk Tuk ready to drive us to Angkor Wat. Needless to say, Regis is a exceptionally photographer who can truly captures the magic of light and the essence of the moment. It is difficult to pose for a solo portrait, as most ppl (myself include) felt quite awkward and self-conscious. But Regis helped my to relax quite fast. He did not ask me to do rigid poses; instead he would recommend I walk around a beautiful lake with him "hiding" somewhere capturing the moments etc. The photos turned out to be exceptional. (I will let the photo speak for itself.)

Merely calling Regis a photographer does not do justice to his work. He is an photography artist. And very importantly, Regis had been living in Siem Reap for years. He knows Angkor Wat and Siem Reap inside out. This to me is a huge advantage. His knowledge and expertise in terms of locations, lighting etc cannot be matched by anyone without residing in Cambodia for years. I have to say from start to finish, this experience was nothing short of exceptional. Thank you, Regis!

Date of experience: May 2017
"compact camera"
"market sellers"
"beautiful moments"

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I have been looking for a photography tour during my holidays in Siem Reap and I had the chance to spend some time with Regis from Angkor Travel Photography , a superb experience I fully recommend! I have contacted several tours before organising my trip , but these guys where the most professionnal, reactive and nice. After my request - I was quickly contacted by one of the photographers presenting me the tours, his work and all details you need to know. Looking at the work of Regis I was quite excited and decided to book a half day temple tour , a night market visit and an editing workshop which is really helpfull if you want to get the most of your stay. The booking process , the organisation went all smooth, communication was easy and Regis is a very nice person and great photographer. We had a very good fit and a great time together. He had some super places to show and we could avoid the crowds :) , he is a really good teacher, very flexible , gave a lot of advices and I have learned a lot during our tour.. not only on photography but also on Cambodia. I took some amazing pictures , as he knows the local people it was a real insider experience. I recommend to all levels of photographers to take some time with Regis- it will improve your skills, you will discover places you could not on your own and you will have a great time! Merci Regis :)!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Recently spent 3 days with Angkor Travel photography, and it totally exceeded my expectations! I spent 2 days in Angkor and 1 day in the surrounding area with Chris and Régis. Not only did they have great knowledge about the area (when to go to get the best photos, etc.), but were really helpful on adjusting some of the technical aspects of my camera and pointing out angles that gave unique composition to photos. I would say don't be afraid to check these guys out if you're a beginner, you will improve a ton in just a few days. Also, if you are interested in a specific type of photography (i.e. landscape, street, portrait) they will do a great job finding you opportunities to shoot what you like. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We'd accidentally booked to come to Siem Reap during Khmer New Year when it seems that all of Cambodia descends on Siem Reap, so we were a little skeptical about being able to take some decent photos.
Both myself and my wife are keen amateurs, and know what we're doing with a camera, but needed someone local to help point out new and varied locations, and to hopefully help us avoid the crows.
Regis definitely filled that role. We went out with him for 2 mornings and despite the enormous number of people around he still managed to help us get some great shots and took us to places that I had no idea existed, and yet provided just as much, if not more of an insight into the Siem Reap history as the main temples (which we also visited but somehow still managed to avoid the crowds).
Highly recommended, and absolutely invaluable given the time of year we came. We'd probably still be stuck in a traffic jam lamenting our poor timing if it hadn't been for Regis

1  Thank Iain R