Review Highlights
Wonderful day in Siem Reap

I booked a full day Hidden Angkor Photography tour with Tom. His team is very accommodating and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
884yinany
Columbus, Ohio
via mobile
Hidden Angkor Photography tour

We had a wonderful day with Tom on the Hidden Angkor tour. We chose to do the sunrise & take the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
suer31
via mobile

All reviews photo tour these guys street photography great shots camera settings local language photography skills speak khmer auto mode experienced photographer amateur photographer night photography lighting conditions compact camera market sellers love photography different perspective
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I was at Cambodia 8 years back and must say i did not have a great experience. However, i made a trip back last week for a business seminar and decided to give the country a second chance. This time i enrolled Alexandro and Regis from Angkor Travel Photography to provide a quick 2 day photography workshop with both me and my girlfriend. And IT WAS A BLAST !! Had tons of fun and great pictures !! Not only were the both of them awesome but they also introduced us some of the best food in Siem Reap. If you go Siem Reap and have a few days to spare, do yourself a favour go engage them for a unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

After reading the reviews, I decided that I really wanted to end my trip with a photography "class". I have never done this before, but love photography and wanted to learn to use my camera better. Thanks to the flexibility of Angkor Travel Photography, they rearranged the schedule to fit me in with short notice. THANK YOU!! I spent a morning with Tom working on my camera skills and photographing people. It wasn't an active day monk wise, but you can't plan people. I got lots of great tips and Tom got me out of "auto mode", so i felt like a real photographer. I didn't get shots as good as those I have seen in other reviews, but I am very happy with my growth. It was a great experience and renewed my passion for photography and my need to learn more about my camera..

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I did the full day 'Hidden Angkor' tour with Alessandro.
It was a magical experience! Not only because he managed to steer us away from the crowds whenever possible, but also because of his unlimited patience and teaching skills.
I would not have been able to take the beautiful photos I took without his help. And even better, I am sure I will be able to use the skills I learned for a long time to come. Mille grazie!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I booked 2 days of photo tour with Angkor Travel Photography. Day 1 was with Chris for Hidden Angkor and day 2 was with Ale for Beyond Angkor. I have to say I've never been on a more amazing tour then the 2 days I had. This is a tour any photographer will absolutely love. This is a tour where you get to see and photograph the hidden gems and focus mainly on chasing the best light. You get taken to places that avoids the crowd and where you can find the hidden gems missed by the usual tourist route.

Day 1 was with Chris for the Hidden Angkor tour. This was an early start as it includes sunrise. I was picked up from my hotel at 4:40 am and we head straight to Angkor Wat and Chris took me to the best spot away for sunrise photography away from majority of the tourists. We were pretty much the first to get there for the best spot. Chris then provided me with guidance on how to set up the camera and settings etc for the sunrise. We then moved on for a quick tea break and then more temples and hidden gems. Chris was amazing as he not only gave advise but he imparts knowledge and pushed me to think about composition etc. I learnt so much from Chris.

Day 2 was with Ale for Beyond Angkor. Day started at 7:30am and I was again picked up from the hotel on the dot. We went out of the city to explore the villages including a noodle making "factory" (eye-opening) and the floating villages (STUNNING). As I was on my own, we could stop anywhere along the route where Ale spotted good photo ops. Again this is not just a bring you to location photo tour. Ale coaches and imparts his knowledge as we go along. Ale speaks the local lingo and therefore helped with a lot of the street photo we did for the day. The locals were so happy to pose for pictures. The day was spent finding the best light for interesting photo opportunities. Again a day of not just taking pictures but learning. I love street photography but am always nervous about approaching people. I see the way Ale interacts with the locals and can say I will certainly be trying it out myself now.

Both Ale and Chris inspired me so much over the 2 days and am definitely going to put into practice what I have learnt. I wished I had more than the 2 days. For all photographers I would highly recommend this company as you not only get to take amazing pictures but I can promise you that you will come back with new skills and knowledge. Next time I am back in Cambodia, Angkor Travel Photography will be my first port of call!

2  Thank 68sanl
Reviewed 14 November 2017

If you want to see hidden and uncrowded spots, if you want take amazing photos, this is the tour for you!
We took the full day tour with sunrise and the very early rising totally worthed it.
Alessandro was very helpful in the organization of the trip and Erik was very nice and patient, explaining us how to adjust the settings and take the best picture in each condition. Erik has been living in Cambodia for 5 years and we've also learnt a lot about the Cambodian culture and habits. He also perfectly speaks Khmer language and knows the temples inside out: we didn't feel like "normal tourists" with him.
An absolute must do if you are a photography pro or if you only want to take amazing pictures in very nice company!

1  Thank aloisius87