“A must-do activity whilst in Siem Reap”

Angkor Travel Photography - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Angkor Travel Photography offers tailor-made photography tours and workshops ranging from half-day excursions to tours lasting up to 2 weeks in Cambodia. We are professional photographers and our tours, lessons and workshops cater for all levels: from beginners keen to learn about the technical aspects of photography and composition through to professionals that want to tap into local knowledge to ensure they are in the right place at the right moment.
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Had the pleasure to spend 4 days exploring and photographing Ankor Wat, it's lesser-known temples and the surrounding areas for 4 days with this company. Regis was an excellent guide; friendly, witty, enagaging and personable, he made our trip a memorable one and was flexible with our itinerary throughout our time with him. All of the communication I had with the company (either face to face or via email) was easy and effortless and I had the tour personalized to our specific interests and made some last minute alterations. I had worried that my partner, who has no real interest in photography, would be bored, but I needn't have worried - quite the opposite was true, Regis engaged him at points where I was wondering off in search of a greap shot. Throughout the 4 days I gained much valuable knowledge in regards to my camera and its settings and the experience improved my understanding of photography no ends. Do not miss out on the opportunity to deviate from the temple trail and go to Tonle Sap or the local villages, markets and pagodas - these were some of the best moments of the tour and made for some of the most interesting photographs. This tour is a great way to take the guess-work out of your time in Siem Reap and gives you an opportunity to meet the Cambodian people in a personal and meaningful way and get some great shots at the same time - no complaints whatsover, 5 stars it is!! If you are in two minds about booking this tour, don't be - you'll not regret doing it!

2  Thank simonc762014
in 2 reviews
"love photography"
"different perspective"

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Ale and Mr. Sophal will forever be my favorite humans. An excellent and knowledgable duo. They helped my fiance, and I, capture unforgettable moments while educating us on both the history of the Angkor Temples and the essentials of photography. We were able to create wonderful pieces that we are looking forward to sharing with friends and family. Each step of the tour was perfectly mapped out, whether it was avoiding crowds or timing the daylight perfectly at each and every temple. There is no way you find a better photo tour at the Angkor Temples than these two. Thank you again and I hope to see you all soon.

1  Thank Aram_Spend
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Knowing where to go and when. That's what it's all about. Chris and the group saved me a ridiculous amount of time. If you want to avoid tourist in your shots. If you want to know where the best light hits and when. If you're on a tight schedule. These guys are great.

1  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed 3 March 2018

The trip we did with Regis to Angkor Wat and surrounds was probably the highlight of our journey to Cambodia. We began at sunrise, had a break in the middle of the day and finished at sunset. This was just my partner ( the main photographer) and I, and we only encountered one big group briefly and a lot of the time it was very quiet. We learnt a lot and came away with some amazing photos. This was was well worth doing and Regis was able to recommend which temples to visit the next day. We also went back to Angkor Wat for a longer look at a quiet time. If you enjoy photography I can’t recommend a better way of seeing the temples.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank Annewrat
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We took two private daytours during our stay at Siem Reap, the Hidden Angkor and the Beyond Angkor tours. Both of our days, we were accompanied by Alessandro Vannucci, a friendly Italian photographer.

The Hidden Angkor tour brought us to the famous Angkor temples, except for Angkor Wat, like Ta Promh, Bayon and Angkor Thom, but also to smaller temples like Ta Nei. Alessandro, knowing the best moment of the day to visit each of these temples, gave us an exciting day of photography and sight-seeing. Those moments the light was at its best and it was less crowded. All day, Mr Sophal drove us round with his remork (tuk-tuk) in a very safe way! Between 11am and 2 pm we were brought back to our hotel for lunch and rest, before going back on track.
The Beyond Angkor tour took us to two amazing local markets, an old pagoda and the stilted fishermen’s village of Kompong Phluk on the shores of Tonlé Sap.

Both tours where equally challenging and exciting. Alessandro brought us to places we could never have found ourselves. And he made the whole experience wonderful. Helping us making contact to the local people and learning on light where two of the essences of his approach. During the day he made time for relaxing with some fresh coconuts, he asked a spiritual woman in Ta Promh to bless us, showed us a waterblessing at one of the pagodas and many other things. We also taught us how to shoot on Iphone. Sure, these trips come at a price, but they are well worth the price, offering you photography opportunities by the dozen!

We can most certainly recommend Alessandro and Angkor Travel Photography when staying in Siem Reap!

Date of experience: January 2018