All reviewspresidential suitepub streettuk tukangkor watwelcome giftpersonal assistantboutique hotelnight marketbanana chipsthe hotel staffstay in siem reapquiet streetsay goodbyeamazing stafffantastic hotelwelcome drinkold market
Reviewed 14 December 2017

What a delight this place is. I promised them I would do a review and eventually I got round to is so sorry for the delay! If you are reading reviews and still feel sceptical, please don't! This hotel is the real deal.

The hotel had kindly arranged for us a personal taxi to get to the main entrance from the bus station for free. The taxi driver was very warm and welcoming. He asked us how our 6 hour bus journey from Phnom Penh was and really seemed interested in how our holiday had gone so far.

After being dropped off, we had watched, outside of the entrance of the hotel, a couple being given a very friendly and personal goodbye by 3 of its staff members before stepping foot into their taxi to wave goodbye, a sight I have never seen in the many hotels I have visited. At the same time, the staff members quickly raced to get our bags and take them inside.
As soon as we had stepped across the paving stones across the stream that runs under the very tropical-looking entrance we walked into a very cool extravagant looking reception room to be greeted by our host - Sofia. We were given drinks immediately - Coriander and lemongrass and in that humidity it was a life saver! I wont tell you what else happens as it is a real nice welcome and feels like you have a very special personal introduction from the staff.

We were walked to our bedroom just around the pool and told we had been upgraded to the best suite in the hotel, judging by these reviews I think that happens a lot but it was a very special room. I would highly recommend looking at the photos on here to see what we mean.

The hotel is situated around the corner from the main town area but far enough so you don't hear the hustle and bustle of the late night market and pubs that go on until 1-2 in the morning.

We had, of course come, to see the Angkor temples and the hotel had kindly arranged a tuk tuk driver to take us around all day for the next 3 days to see the sights. Our tuk-tuk driver was amazingly friendly and he took plenty of bottled water in a cooler for us. On the last day he took us north through to some of the further temples and he showed us his village he lives in. We felt very privileged, which was a very nice touch and we felt honoured he would show us this.

The staff were very attentive and remembered details of things we had said the day before. Their English is very good and it was very easy to communicate. Any issues we had they were happy to rectify these.

The policy we had at the time I write this was we were given breakfast vouchers for all the days we were there and 2 dinner vouchers for the 4 nights we were there which was very reasonable. The only thing I would rectify about that is that the dinner offered through said vouchers is without option. You get what you are given, however, the food was exquisite. If we hadn't have done the temples and Siem Reap to death we would return again here in a heartbeat so I really hope every one utilises this hotel.

I would like to give a special mention to Bale, Sofia (our personal staff member), Daniel and Jack who were all so helpful and made our trip to Siem Reap a truly unforgettable one.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Eightfold G, General Manager at Chronicle Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Dear LimTowry,

Thank you for taking your time, undoubtedly, out of your busy schedule writing us this review, and we feel glad to learn that your stay went smooth and so enjoyable. Please bear in mind that our staffs and I will always be and literally here to welcome your return. Till then, take care.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Great hotel, great location and super friendly staff!
We even got upgraded to a suite and got free Cambodian dinner on the last night.
Also got gifts on the first and last nights of our stay.
Would highly recommend!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Markus K,

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at Chronicle Angkor Hotel. From the moment we arrived at the hotel an outstanding service had been given to us. We enjoyed every moment staying in this very charming Boutique Hotel.

- The excellent service and kindness of the staff is outstanding. Thanks a lot to a great hotel team!!!
- Very well furnished rooms. A beautiful mix between modern and classic style.
- Lovely pool area. Wonderful to relax after a sightseeing or shopping tour.
- Excellent restaurant with great food. We highly recommend to have dinner at the hotel.
- Good cocktails at the bar.

- Perfectly located near city center (only 10 minutes walking distance to the markets and pub street / 2-3 minutes by Tuk Tuk)
- Further excellent restaurants nearby (e.g. Spoons, Haven or Khmer Grill)

The hotel is a real gem in Siem Reap!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Lapin33,

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The breakfast that was included with the room was excellent. We were assigned one specific individual, Sophie, who checked in to ensure we were enjoying our stay and helped with any activities or other details. Such a reasonable price for incredible personal service, comfortable hotel with all the amenities expected from a much pricier hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Nathanael E,

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I don't have any single complain. When I read rivews before I got there I thought it is ridiculous how they said so nicely. After 2 nights stay I totally same with them. Really helpful staffs and well maintained facilities.

Only one thing weired is a bathtub is opend to dressroom space

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends