“high quality guest house with good food and very helpful staff”

Tanei Boutique Villa
Ranked #138 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 29 March 2011

As long term Cambodia residents we have stayed in a wide range of places. Tanei is a gem. Family friendly (big family room with 2 large singles and a double), clean, very helpful staff. The food in the restaurant is a cut above the average guesthouse with authentic khmer dishes at excellent prices, and the breakfast was fast with scrambled eggs that were among the best I have had yet here. The people that run this place really get it - you get excellent service, a clean and comfy place to stay with hot showers, and a pool. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Tanei Guesthouse is great, I wasn't planning on spending much time in Siem Reap, but ended up staying for 3 weeks.. When I arrived there I got a great clean room with Air Conditioning, Cable TV, fast WiFi, and a fridge for $18 with free coffee.. I checked around different places in town the following days and they couldn't be beat.. The Swimming Pool and Restaurant is icing on the cake.. Basically, I would live here if my Cambodia VISA would allow... The staff is very friendly, speaks English great, and I found out they donate time and money to a local orphanage, check out their website to find out about it.. www.taneiguesthouse.com
Its impressive and inspiring. I visited the kids and helped out with some charity work.. Nothing on my trip has been as rewarding as this. I highly recommend Tanei Guesthouse and have told all my friends about it.
Location is right off the beaten track, next to the night market, and 7th street where they have the cheapest and best food in town. Hope you all check it out, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2011

A friend and I stayed at the Tanei for five nights at the beginning of our trip and even after staying in other places the Tanei is probably still my favourite. and ironically also the cheapest accomodation we had the whole way. Whatever they're doing, they're doing it right and this place is just wonderful.

Spotlessly clean with a wonderful pool and really lovely staff.
Aircon in the room we had for the first three days wasnt the best but when we came back from Battambang for another two days in Siem Reap all we had to do was suggest that maybe the room was too hot and we were whisked off to a different room with an airconditioner that was less temperamental. Staff so wonderfully helpful.

Pool was beautiful and the little downstairs bar area where breakfast was served as so lovely so sit at, nursing a gin and tonic. :)

Beds were really big but a little firm for my friend's taste. Fine for me though, but I like a hard bed. Bathrooms were beautiful and obviously recently done up, but the floor did get super duper flooded when you'd have a shower. Drains not the best so it took a little while for the water to drain away after a shower. Still, no problem. you just learn not to put your clothes on the floor. :) Towels provided. Not the nicest or the newest, but they were clean.

Breakfasts were simple but perfect and the prices at the bar were actually cheaper than most of the pubs on pub street. Didnt eat much at the hotel apart from breakfast, but the guy in the room next to ours said the food there was great too. wifi in the rooms and two computers in the lobby for guests to use as well.

Had a really nice crowd of people staying there too. Lots of chatting in the pool and by the bar and everyone there seemed really keen to enjoy the company. Whole bunch of us went out for dinner on our last night too. Owner and his kids as well. Great people.

So overall this was probably my favourite place and I wouldnt hesitate for a moment in recommending it to people. All for a whopping $24 a night. Short walk to pub street as well. More than worth it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pinkbits
Reviewed 20 February 2011

First and formost, thanks to Mr Sokun and staffs for making our stay there an enjoyable experience. Stayed there for period 7th - 11th February 2011. Booked two rooms for my wife and myself and a friend. Despite having problems with the aircon first night (which was rectified by the next day), it was definitely memorable. And being a walking distance to the Night Market, Old Market, etc, is definitely a plus point. Service staffs were extremely friendly for the day shifts but the night shift staffs was a bit disappointing. Understood little English and were not as friendly and helpful as the day staffs. Rooms were quite spacious and the food there were really good. I missed the Basil Chicken Pizza for a mere USD4. Will definitely stay there again when we visit Siem Reap again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Syaffiq
Reviewed 26 December 2010

If you are looking for a great value hotel with a pool then this place is a great option. We spent most of our afternoons (after walking around the temples) relaxing on the sun loungers by the pool. It really was a little oasis. You can get food around the pool and we found it to be of very good quality and at a good price.

We found the people very helpful and would recommend this place to others

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Great location, rooms and service.

Especially recommended for families as there is a pool here. We paid $10 which included a good breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2010

It's my first trip to Cambodia, with my 5 friends, visiting Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. When looking for a hotel in Siem Reap, I don't know why, feel comfort when seeing Tanei Guest House pictures.↲
And at my trip in Siem Reap, Tanei gived excellen service. They provided taxi from border directly to hotel in cheap price, so we were saved from scam taxi.↲
In Siem Reap, they found english-driver tuk tuk for us. Also when moving to Phnom Penh, nice bus with discount were provided for us.↲
For services and safety, i'm surprised we got excellent ones, with only a few dollar rate per day.

• Stayed: September 2010