“didnt stay here, but service as room was unavaiable was excellent”

Tanei Boutique Villa
Ranked #140 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“didnt stay here, but service as room was unavaiable was excellent”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

When we arrived after free bus transfer pick up we were told the air con in our room was not working and that we can stay in the hotel over the road for the same price. We ended up staying in the Ancient Angkor which was fantastic-see review written for that. As promised we only paid the price we were going to pay at tanei and they allowed us to stay at the hotel for the 2 nights we were staying there rather than moving after 1 night back to tanei. Very good service.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kobe
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We planned to stay 6 nights but ended up staying 11.
We loved the temples and Tanei Guesthouse was the perfect place
to spend such a long time in Siem Reap. The location is perfect – 5 min to the Night market and pub street.
The room (double bed) was spacious, very clean, effective AC, free wi-fi. You could also use, free of charge, the computers (2) at the reception. There is also a nice swimming pool which felt like heaven after a day spent wandering around the temples. The food was good (breakfast included), overall services as well and the staff really nice.

We recommend using the in-house tuk-tuk drivers. On our way back from the temples we often stopped in town and asked the tuk-utk driver to take our stuff (tripod, raincoats, etc) to the hotel. They are highly reliable.

It was the best choice we could make. Tanei Guesthouse does deserve 5 out of 5. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
exmouthtourists
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We booked the Tanei guesthouse family room for 7 nights and took advantage of their website off season discount of 20% over 6 days stay (also 10% over 3) this is hard to find but its on there blog page I believe. We liked the place from the start ok the room was not huge and the bathroom was a typical shower over loo combo it had a tv and a fridge but hey we were paying $26 a night inc breakfast so it was certainly the cheapest we had paid so far on our trip. The main draw to the Tanei is that it has a pool (apart from the price). One of the main appeals to us was many like minded people staying some talked some didnt but all were here for the wonders that lie in this area. Breakfast was hard work as the guys that serve you dont really speak english and more often than not got the orders wrong (not major but a little frustrating as its only eggs 4 ways and bread or toast). The tuk tuk drivers were good in general (i will explain later) but did obviously talk about you and laugh at you behind your back,(ok im 6ft 5 and a big fella) we used them daily and were happy with them. After a week we liked it but wanted to move rooms as we were going a little stir crazy so we moved to the newer block which was great much nicer and sep shower area. Food was gererally good at the hotel and fairly priced. On the last day I wanted to get a tuk tuk to the helium balloon I had tried on 4 other occassions to be turned away because of the weather time etc so I knew exactly where I was going. I had also explained I was in a rush as we were getting a car to take us to Phnom Penh so I had an hour to do it all in (no probs) rang the Ballon place and they assured me they would take off at approx 8am My driver was different and he decided to take me the long way to increase his fare its a 10-15 minute drive and we left at just after 7.30am when we get to the balloon site the balloon is just taking off (ontime at 8.00am) I ask the driver why he took me this way he tried to cover that we needed tickets to go through angkor watt but this is just not true he knew i had caught him out he admits hes wrong, Im then informed I can get on the next flight @ 8.15 ish so I wait after the flight (which was good by the way) I jump in the tuk tuk and need to get back asap he then starts to take me another longer route I tell him I have seen thre temples and to get back to the hotel. When we get back he is laughing with another driver about what he has done then he wants $6 for an hour and 10 minute journey 30 mins of that were down to him. I ask the hotel how much I should pay him they tell me its up to u I think $4 is a good earner as its 12 for half a day he then takes the money looks at his friends says somthing and they all laugh at me I have to say for the 1st time in 6 weeks of travelling I loose my cool and shouted at him to not laugh at me he stopped immediatley and appologised but it left a real nasty taste in my mouth I read all the time that we must respect others but blatently he wasnt respecting me a real shame. However we would definatley reccomend this hotel and in fact we have many times already. We would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank exmouthtourists
malaysia
Reviewed 1 August 2011

There are 10 of us and i book 5 rooms at Tanei Guesshouse, the facilities is very good is like 5 stars hotel. The bed is very comfortable, and the room is very neat and clean. The bathroom is also very nice. There are wifi available or u can online at the reception without any charges. And there are nice swimming pool beside it, cool! highly recommended if you are on budget, there are no better with the rate they offer! and.. they do have pick up for free!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Tanei Guesthouse was much more then a guesthouse. You get great value for such little money. We were picked up at the airport no charge and the staff was very helpful and friendly, their English was very good too. Our private room was very nice and comfortable, great bed and pillows. The washroom was nice and the place seemed very new. The rooms were very clean and no bugs. Breakfast is included and it is very good and they will bring it up to your room. The pool is nice too but can get very busy. The guesthouse is about a 5 minute walk into town but not inconvenient. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TaraLou019
SAN DIEGO
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Great staff, clean and safe - good services. Would stay again but only one thing - we were there for five nights and thet sheets were never changed. I know, it may be too much to ask for a guesthouse, but if they had changed the sheets once, I would give it an excellent.

Had a great time - thanks

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We decided to try a new guesthouse on this trip-and so happy we did! Tanei was great-close to Pub Street and the Night Market, nice rooms (if you stay in the new building), nice swimming pool, and cozy covered gathering area with fans for a beer and a chat. A family runs it so expect little ones to be around-which we found just added to the charm.

Room Tip: Stay in the new building!