“A Nice Hotel for the price.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tanei Boutique Villa

Tanei Boutique Villa
Ranked #135 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
melbourne
“A Nice Hotel for the price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I have stayed at Tanei twice now and both times have been pleasant. The first time they had a nice outdoor bar and great pool setting and the second time they were in the middle of renovating the bar. The rooms were great we got a 3 person room for about US$ 25 a night between the 3 so it was quite cheap. The service is good. You get your own wifi password and Aircon. You are very close to the night markets, clubs, and restraunts so its in prime location although the street is quite dark. They do lock the front gates late at night but there is a doorbell and u usually get supplied with the gate key. All round a great place to stay would stay there again.

Room Tip: As i can tell all the rooms are the same, either twin, trio or double beds in a room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank sibbsy123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We couldn't fault any aspect of our stay at Tanei Guesthouse. Situated a street back from a main road means it's a quieter part of town, yet it is only a short stroll to an abundance of eating/drinking holes and night markets. The staff were really friendly from our arrival to our departure, and they were also helpful with organising our temple tour and onward bus trip. We stayed in one of their cheaper rooms with a fan and, while it was simple, we still thought it was value for money (US$16/night). It was clean, spacious, had a wardrobe and hangers, shower had good water pressure, and a fridge. The common areas of the guesthouse - pool, dining area and reception - are also clean and well-maintained, The complementary breakfast here isn't bad either. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend others to stay here too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I made contact with Tanei Guesthouse via their website, after reading the great reviews here. We were not disappointed! Sokun and Channa were quick to reply to my inquireies about availability. They sent a tuk-tuk to pick us up and welcomed us with a glass of juice and a very nice and spacious room. They made sure we had everything we needed and the entire staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The pool didn't have loads of deck space, but it was a saltwater pool, which is a welcome relief from traditional chlorine pools. We were in town during the cool months, but having a pool was a real plus after wandering around the temples and volunteering. The restaurant offered a great selection of Asian and western specialties, we loved the crustinis! The waiters were charming and patient helping out so many different foreign tourists. We enjoyed our stay immensely!

Room Tip: 201 was next to a patio that had a nice table and chair to enjoy a cup of coffee and work on the com...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

A friend of mine told me about this Guest house in Siem Reap. I wanted to go and see Anghkor Wat but was worried about the logistics and travelling by myself. I also didn't have long - only four days so wanted to make sure i got round most things. I think you need a week to see all the sights at a leisurely pace.

I went for one of the guesthouse packages which are advertised on their website. It changed around a bit but they were very flexible about it and provided a great schedule and value for money. Maybe not a way travelling suited to those more independent (particularly backpackers) but perfect for me - half way between a package tour and independent travelling.

My tuk-tuk driver was fantastic - I relied on him heavily to show me the best places to see and eat. The english speaking guide again organised by the guesthouse round the temples on the first day told me all I needed to know about the temples and the country. And set me up for understanding what i was looking at over the next few days.

Part of package also included some meals, breakfast and a massage which was well receieved in my room on the last day.

i am just about to leave after a fantastic four days, having seen the countryside, 18 temples, the floating forest and experienced some of the country and culture. Top guesthouse and package and I would certainly recommend it - for a laid back but not overly confident traveller.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Emma H
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Kami menginap di Tanei untuk satu malam setelah menginap 7 malam di Golden Mango Inn. Kamar yang diberikan cukup besar dengan 1 queen size bed dan 1 super single bed. staff cukup ramah terutama Manager operasional yang bernama Miss Toirot, yang dengan sabar memberikan tour singkat keliling hotel dan penjelasan tentang fasilitas hotel (thanks to Miss Toirot). Kebersihan Kamar kurang terperhatikan, terutama kamar mandi. ada Kolam renang kecil dan Jacuzzi kecil di Belakang Reception dan lumayan menyegarkan sehabis berkeliling ke Candi2. Staff hotel yang ramah bahkan bersedia membuatkan kami Breakfast pada pukul 5 pagi saat kami harus mengejar pesawat yang membawa kami kembali ke singapore.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Paphos, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I spent 6 nights in December in the new wing at Tanei Guest House, travelling solo.
The hotel arranged a pick up from the airport which was waiting for me. Check in was efficient, and I was allocated a spacious room away from the road. No view to speak of, but quiet and peaceful. I asked what was the difference between the "old" and "new" wings, and was told it was the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. My bathroom was large and relatively modern.
I enjoyed a couple of hours relaxing poolside one afternoon, but space is very limited.
Breakfast was ok, and contrary to a previous review, I found that by simply raising my cup to the waitress I was served more coffee. I didn't experience any communication difficulties with any of the staff at the guest house.
The receptionist booked my bus ticket to PP and I was very specific about the seat I wanted (front seat to avoid travel sickness!) and they made sure I got it.
My only quibble is that as a solo female traveller, I felt slightly uncomfortable with the location of the guesthouse. Just the last 5 minutes of the walk back to the guesthouse is a bit dark and deserted. I know you can always get a tuk tuk, but I like to walk. Whilst nothing happened and I never felt threatened at all in Siem Reap, it was just that last 5 minutes back after dinner.....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank missindy
Billericay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

No problems with our pick up from the airport very well organised before hand by email. On first impression, I was a lttle disappointed with the hotel appearance but it was clean and the pool was nice but with limited space to sit around it. There was a choice for breakfast and it was adequate, We stayed three nights from 30th November we did book a twin room buy were given a double but it was not too hot so not really a problem. We booked our tour and boat to Phomn Penh through the guest house and had no problems, we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple