Tanei Boutique Villa
  • Pool
Bayon Boutique(Siem Reap)
Villa Medamrei(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewsnight marketpub streettuk tukchannaswimming poolfamily roomnice poolold marketguest housearrived in siem reaplocation is fantasticstayed here for nightswi fiper nightno elevatornoodlesfree airport transfer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I'll keep it simple and list what I saw as its low/high points. We spent 5 nights here.

-Bed was hard as a rock; pillows were malleable cardboard (i.e., a bit softer).
-They are installing a new walkway and pond. Work starts at 7am so don't plan on sleeping in if you're there in the next 2 weeks or so. Lots of hammering and construction worker conversation.
-The lights in the room were the equivalent of 40 watt bulbs. Not nearly enough illumination to see properly.
-Bathroom lighting was even worse.
-They gave me my room key just by me walking up and saying my room number -- even though the clerk had never seen me before. Not great on the security front.
-Painting of teenage girl in see-through top (hanging on bedroom wall) was disconcerting.
-Floor drain in shower too slow to keep up with water flow -- entire bathroom flooded.
-Hot water took minutes to arrive.
-Towels and sheets changed every day -- so much for water conservation.
-Breakfast is boring for so many days; breakfast is fine for a shorter visit (eggs, toast, pasta, fruit).
-Coffee was some of the worst I've ever had -- I switched to instant after the 2nd morning proved as bad as the first.
-Restaurant is slightly more expensive than the others in the area. Meals I had weren't as good as equivalent meals elsewhere.
-Refrigerator barely worked at the coldest setting -- water put in the freezer section overnight was nice and cold by morning but never froze. Not that I wanted it to, but that gives you an idea how well it functioned.
-Laundry is twice the price as everywhere else in town ($2 per kg versus $1 everywhere else -- I got lazy and had them do it).
-Connecting to their internet service was hit or miss. Got booted off every few minutes.
-No shelves or chest of drawers for storing clothes. Sucks when you're in one place for 5 days.
-Checkout was a pain. Security guard was sent to track down a tuk-tuk even though one had been promised for our early morning departure -- the driver spoke no English and even with a business card with the address of where we were going couldn't find it without me directing him...to the main road to Angkor Wat. This wasn't the same guy who played tour guide for us during our stay -- no complaints about him.

-They arranged a tuk-tuk driver for our touristy stuff. Convenient, no-haggle price, nice guy with functional English. Although every hotel offers this so not a big deal.
-It's cheap.
-A/C worked very well.
-Pool and hot tub.
-Short walk to markets, bars, restaurants.

If you're going to be in Siem Reap when hotels are not likely to be sold out you're better off NOT making a reservation for your entire visit. That way if you get stuck in a less than great hotel like this one you'll be able to move without having to pay for cancelling the remainder of your reservation. There are tons to choose from in this price range.

Room Tip: Ask to see it first -- perhaps some of them have decent lighting and floor drains that work.
2  Thank LibertarianToo
Reviewed 29 March 2014

There was nothing terrible about this place, but it wasn't great either. The bed was not comfy. The shower flooded the bathroom. The water took forever to get hot. There was no storage for clothes. The lighting was crappy in the room. My husband didn't like the creepy painting on the wall, definitely not as nice as any photos I saw. All this was not enough make it terrible just average. The price was pretty good. The AC worked well. The location was just off of the night market and pub street. The pool was very pretty. The breakfast was enough to start the day. They helped us arrange a tuk tuk driver to visit the ruins. Check out was not good! First, I went the night before so that I could pay and set up transport for early in the morning. They didn't have change and wouldn't go get it and told me to come back in the morning. I told them I needed a tuk tuk in the morning. It wasn't ready and there was a "five more minutes, five more minutes, five more minutes... " I just wanted a tuk tuk and had to push them to get me one. Annoying way to start the day.

3  Thank ginkiecat
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The front building is newer...better window screens and south facing. (Cooler)
Staff is nice but inexperienced
Internet is on/off and they could not print boarding passes.
Breakfast is adequate.
Pool is the real plus...and the mango shakes.
Restaurant at the hotel was reasonable bad great curry.

Room Tip: The lower rooms at the front (002B,003B,004B etc) are slightly newer than the main building. They are a good size, clean and with windows on the north side with good screens. They are cooler and Siem Reap is hot in March! We had a family room 205 to start. It overlooked the pool but faced south and was very hot. A balcony but poorly joined doors and poor screens on the windows meant Mosquitos got in. Breakfast was satisfactory but the pool was the real sell...plus great mango shakes.
1  Thank KootenayFosters
Reviewed 20 March 2014

It is good,the room is not big for a family room but it worth of the value
They provided us some fruits in the room which was FOC. The staffs are friendly and helpful especially a female staff who tried very hard to speak Mandarin but I was insist to speak in English as I cant understand well of her Mandarin but she helped us a lot! You can book your Koulen II Buffet Dinner with less price here or even book your bus ticket to Phnom Penh as well.

The breakfast was just simple

I like the swimming pool

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank alvynlee
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Booked in for only four nights but now staying ten nights two adults and one child in deluxe room of king bed and double for child large room bathroom modern very clean and western style tv and safe in room
Buffet breakfast nice very long happy hour with $2 cocktails and Great food menu with good varied choices and good quality at very cheap prices pumpkin soup and garlic bread $2.50 and new zealand steak baguette and fries $4 highly recommend
The staff are all extremely accommodating and helpful nothing is a problem pool area nice and quiet and relaxing love the comfy lounge area at the entrance to mingle with other guests
Very family friendly and you will have a great stay here

• Stayed: March 2014