The Siem Reap Hostel
US$195
US$152
US$144
1,199 results
All reviewsprivate roomcinema roomindoor poolyoga roomcent beerpub streettuk tukbed dormfemale dormmixed dormyoga classessocial atmosphereduring happy houra great place to meettoilet and showercheap beerkhmer staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

We managed to get a room for a few nights,we were lucky but do book ahead as they are fully booked most of the time (for good reason)!the rooms are spacious with balcony and toilet with separate shower room!there is a lovely cool pool also! The staff are the gems of this place,Gus and driess were great and very helpful.the khmer staff were also very helpful,and always smiling.there is a great atmosphere here and great to meet others backpackers.the food is also good,try the yellow beef curry.thankyou to all the team for an enjoyable stay!we will be back and book ahead next time :)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and would definitely recommend it! Its great that they have a pick-up and drop-off service. The rooms are always clean, with towels provided and large comfortable beds, and decent showers. The vibe at this hostel is hard to beat, there were always a few visitors hanging around, Im sure because the food (both western and local) and the drinks were delicious, and the pool was a great place to chill out after a busy day. The staff is super friendly and helpful! We needed a room just for an extra day, to shower and get dressed before were to fly out and they were very accommodating. They were also great with helping to organise activities, like going on a tour of the temples. We also found a brochure for Mini Golf Angkor Wat style, and they were also able to organise a pick-up and drop-off for this fun 2 hour activity.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Driess_and_Gus, Manager at The Siem Reap Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Hey! Thanks for the kind words. Everyone here gets a buzz from seeing such satisfied guests. It's what we're all working towards. We're really glad you had such a great time!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I had the most amazing time at The Siem Reap Hostel. I arrived in Siem Reap with my sister and on our first night we stayed at another hostel. The main comparison is that this hostel feels more like a hotel, but it still has the great laid back hostel vibe and it is very easy to meet people. Therefore I think it suits a wide range of travellers, families, couples, friends, singles, and older people too.
The rooms were very clean and spacious, the pool and bar/restaurant was amazing and although not in the sun if you get to the pool early enough 10am for me you can grab a day bed and lay in the sun for a few hours. This wasn't an issue and if lying by a pool is what you want there are plenty of hotels near by that let you use the pool for free or for just buying a drink at their bar.
The owners were awesome and really friendly and made me feel so welcome as I had a week there on my own, the staff were also incredibly friendly and happy to help with anything and everything.
Great location too, not far from pub street and old market but far enough to have some peace and quiet when needed.
I have to suggest to go teach english at A.O.E.O orphanage if possible, because 600 kids come from all around Siem Reap to learn there and they need teachers! Was an incredible experience!!

Thank you Siem Reap Hostel Staff for making my stay so enjoyable, I will definitely be coming back and be recommending you to all of my friends!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

It was a pleasure having you & your sister staying with us! & good on you for giving something back to the community. We really love it here in Siem Reap & seeing the wider community getting ahead from the generosity of visitors is awesome.

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I came to this place from a Tuk Tuk and found out they had no space for me, I was gutted! Such a great vibe here. I ended up checking in down the road and instantly went back to hangout. I met 3 other people who i ended up travelling with for three weeks. I ate great food and had a few drinks. The next day after ankor wat i went back to meet my new buddies and swam in the pool, ate more and they at the reception sorted me out with a ticket for the bus onwards to shianoukville. So unfortunately I never spent the night but I had to review this place purely for how nice I thought it was.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Cabbb
Reviewed 17 March 2013

It was actually the first time for me and my cousin to stay in a room shared with strangers. We both were a bit hesitant in the beginning but loved it to bits in the end. We stayed in a 6-Bed female dorm and it was wonderful. The bathroom was always clean (thanks to our room mates and the housekeeping as well). In a country like Cambodia where it's always warm, it pays to stay where there's good-working AC so I'd have to say we were able to sleep like babies every night. The rooms are nice and have their own balconies and in the common areas, they have spots where you could just lounge around and they even have a pool that seems to be well maintained! (Although we never took a dip, it's good to know you have the option to do so) in our stay, we were lucky enough to have been able to take part of the yoga class which was wonderful! They have a free pick-up service too! (from the sinh tourist office) - There's a nearby convenience store btw and the place is just a very short walk to pub street! :) We took a tuktuk on our first day - then we realized how near it was! :) Lovely place to stay and I will definitely would come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family