“Old hotel but ok for money”

Angkor Riviera Hotel
Ranked #253 of 340 Hotels in Siem Reap
Bangkok, Thailand
“Old hotel but ok for money”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is an old hotel, the rooms are very basic but it was ok for the money. We were out all the time at Angkor Wot so was tired when we came back and slept. It was quiet in the hotel so sleeping was not an issue

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed here after recommendation from relative who was there last year. Room was large and clean. Staff were polite and obliging. Breakfast was only so so. Would most probably stay here again as the location was pretty good, only a short walk to main part of town.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Stung Treng, Cambodia
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Last year I​ went to visit Siem Reap and shared a room with a friend. For the first and second day, I felt the hotel was somehow good even on the check-in day the front desk staff was not so friendly to me.

On the third day of our stay, I leaf the room in the morning and leave the "Please Make Up the Room" card in front of the door. When I came back at 10, the room stayed the same, the housekeeper did not make clean and make up the room for us. I, then, went to the front desk and told the reception, I need my room cleaned before I came back again after lunch. After lunch I went to the room again and the room stayed messy, I was so angry that what being told was not taken into action because I expect to take a nap in my clean bed after lunch. I went down to the reception again and asked them again to make up the room. The receptionist called to the housekeeping department and told me to wait for other 20 mn.

Even the room was comfortable, the restaurant was nice, and the pool was beautiful, the service is much more important to deal with any problem of guests. I felt like the problem solving of the staff, and the management of the hotel was not effective to provide what the guest expect them to do. And I felt like is it really a real 3 or 4 stars hotel? Why the service is impression and problem solving are poor?

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I first stayed here on the last night with my Habitat for Humanity group.
Seems to be a very posh hotel with a huge foyer. It isn't as posh as it appears.
We had a 'twin' room, although there were 2 double beds and a single in the room... massive.
I had to find a place on my last night in Siem Reap and went here as my first choice. Very reasonable rate which included breakfast. Only 5 mins to the market place and pub street.
There are a couple of 'spas' in the streets around the back of the property also.
FCC is just up the same street and a great restaurant Bopha is across the river and down a little.
Be patient on check-in and check-out.
Check-in, have your passport handy.
Check-out, they will send someone up to check your room before they will give you the 'all clear'.

Room Tip: I was right on the main strip overlooking the river and thought the traffic noise would be a problem...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We sadly only had 2 days, 1 night in Siem Rep, but this hotel was worth every penny (not very spendy, too!). Hotel staff was very accommodating (we arrived a little late), with the bellhop very conversant in English and he had recommendations for good restaurants and gave us directions (very close!) to one of the main drags with lots of restaurants, night markets, & fun pubs. Our room fit 3 people easily, and had hot water. The pool looked marvelous, but we didn't have enough time to enjoy it. The A/C wasn't very strong, but the whole city was having power outages due to a tragic car accident. The hotel has a private generator, which provided non-stop electricity to our room. I was very impressed and would have liked to stay longer!

Room Tip: Our room looked like it had a terrace, but I couldn't figure out how to open the window. Highly...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 22 February 2013

POSITIVE: clean & soft sheets, comfortable bed, modern bath, pool, good coffee (breakfast), minimalist furniture, extensive breakfast spread

NEGATIVE: people at reception not pleasant & accommodating (guy who answered our questions before our checkin and girl who got my keys during checkout)--so many friendly people in cambodia, they can't find two who would be perfect for the job?!?, quality of breakfast food mediocre at best, small room, NO Wifi in the room (4th flr), so many mosquitoes in the WC at the lobby, carpet on hallways are dirty and worn out, furniture at the lobby is shabby, poor lighting, several insects in the room (some harmless tiny ones in the bathroom, but two or three mosquitoes in the bedroom)

HAIR: one strand at the bathtub

We were planning to stay for two nights, checked out after one night. Got best price from hotels.com.

Room Tip: If wifi is important for you, ask to be put in a room with a strong signal.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

After being in Tokyo for a few days in a small room, getting there was almost heaven. The hotel has a big nice lobby with english speaking staff and a restaurant that collapses a little bit during breakfast on weekends, but is well worth the wait.
The rooms are clean and spacious, with soft beds and pillows and a bathroom to die for; plenty closet space and complimentary thick Cambodian cotton robes. The used (?) plastic flip flops made me a little uneasy, I would much rather have disposable ones.
There's also a couple of couches, a tv (from 1970 but who cares there's so much to see outside) and a mini fridge and a couple of cups and water heater for tea or the popular soup in a cup.
The only bad thing is that in the middle of the night, a stranger... a boozed one, came into our room having mistaken his floor and forced the door that didn't have the electronic lock working properly. The guy left a box with rice on the floor after telling him Johnny wasn't there (a what the fudge moment). We complained to the manager the next day and they sent somebody over to fix the lock (which she did in like 10 seconds)
The place is walking distance from the pub street and the local crafts market which is great if you want to have a beer without worrying about driving or getting a taxi afterwards.
I would definitely go back and stay longer to get to use the other facilities.

• Stayed February 2013