“Great Pool but a bit out of Town.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #180 of 334 Hotels in Siem Reap
Ullapool
“Great Pool but a bit out of Town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights. There is a free shuttle tuk tuk style vehicle takes you into town during the day. The roads around the hotel are very poor so expect a bumpy ride.
Pool was great if not a bit like a warm bath as far as temperature.
Rooms basic but good value for money.
Staff very polite and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We booked our accommodation very early in the year as we were aware that we would be traveling in high season. We picked Lotus Lodge from the comments as well as the price being in our budget. However, I was disappointed that when we we arrived (private from airport) they took us to our room briefly showed us the pool and that was it. Didn't explain anything about toilet, shower, fridge not being plugged in, breakfast etc.
The staff did not seem to enthusiastic to be at work shuffling their feet along and most of the time we would order a meal and they would take at least 30mins. Tge meals were beautiful however took time.
The property in all needs maintenance. Our room alone safe was not working and was informed by staff that they all needed batteries so to use the key. Remote for A/C and tv didn't work and when there was a power outage and power came back on the staff didn't know how to fix it.
The shower was a drizzle of water and as it was my first time in Cambodia thought it was the norm until I got to my next resort. Bed lamps also didn't work.
Overall disappointed especially when told by other traveller that her hotel room cost an extra $2 and was 'amazing'. Shop around but this place does have potential

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Thanks to the staff and management for a good stay. We were collected promptly at the airport upon arrival with a sign with our name on it (nice touch for a budget hotel!) The ride to the hotel was complimentary and it was a unique culture shock driving through the town roads and seeing such a different way of life. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the downtown in a very authentic cambodian neighborhood. RIght outside the hotel gates are the local neighbors and families living such a basic yet peaceful lifestyle. After a day full of temple sighting we relaxed in the lovely pool and enjoyed a dinner in the outside veranda. Rooms were basic but had everything we needed. Overall quite satisfied.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ko Lanta, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in Lotus Lodge. We had a great time. We didn't mind that it was away from pub street, because we came to visit Angkor wat. We thought the rooms could use some paint and renovation, but nothing serious. The staff arranged a very nice tuk tuk driver to take us to Angkor wat, we had a great time. Food was also good!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I travelled to Cambodia alone in July and stayed at the Lotus Lodge for two weeks. The hotel may be smaller than some that I have seen there but I have never felt so welcome. The staff was exceptional and so helpful. I loved staying there because it reminded me of a villa where you could feel at home while you were away, which is very welcoming when you are travelling alone. I went on some of the tours they organized and highly recommened the country side tour; they actually show you the parts of the county that make Cambodia so magical. Thank you so much Lotus Lodge, I cant wait to come back! :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Truhlarikova
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

As it is low season we know we could have found better accommodation for a similar price. You would only stay here as a last resort. We chose this one from the lonely planet book and on all the possitive reviews here on TA which we think are misleading to say the least.

It is a low end place how ever there were a few things that just didn't cut it compared to other low end places.

1.On arrival we were shown to our room but they didnt explain anything or showed us were things were.

2. The room didn't even seem ready for guests as there were no minibar, the fridge wasn't even plugged in to the wall as the wallsocket was hanging loose from the wall. no water, no toilet paper. The toilet didn't work, so in the end we had to ask to change rooms. In this room the safe didn't work and we were told we could keep our valuables in the reception area.

4. The pathway up to the rooms were covered in green slippery slime due to the rain,it was downright dangerous and which could have easily been removed with a outdoor broom by one of the staff that were just hanging around the pool area.

5. Pool area could be great but at the time of our stay it was overgrown with weeds and needed a good clean.

6. We found the staff to be unattentive and didn't seem to care. However they were friendly if you approached them.

7. Finally they failed to notify booking.com that we showed up for our stay which we were going to be charged a cancellation fee for.

This could be such a good place with a bit of renovations and attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Simonmadelene
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

As I am retired, I have become somewhat of a habitual traveller. I routinely read Trip Advisor and on several past instances have submitted critiques of establishments, where I have rested my weary head.
As a recurring visitor to Siem Reap, my hotel of choice has always been Lotus Lodge. Over the past few years I have stayed there on several occasions. In my experience I have always found the staff to be attentive and quick to respond to my personal needs, and all other guests.
They are also collectively the politest staff of anywhere I have ever visited.

I just recently returned, with n the past month from quite pleasant visit to Lotus Lodge. Present ownership, has undertaken renovations of the units, particularly the washrooms.

I had the pleasure of being assigned one of the newly renovated rooms. The washroom was newly tiled and bright and fresh. In the main room I was left awash in a calmness and comfort, largely due I believe from cooling green they have chosen.

Lotus Lodge is and will continue to be my personal oasis, of South East Asia, and I would suggest anyone would find the same comfort as I feel.
For you travel dollar, you won’t find a better value.
james

Room Tip: room 306 is a very nice room