“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #220 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 24 April 2014

From the start, the hotel was very helpful. They arranged for us to be picked up at the airport for free. We arrived at the hotel and were greeted with a nice cold drink. The receptionist Lilly was very friendly even taking us out in town one evening. The restaurant lounge area is a very chill place to relax. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amit_Chakravarty

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. We were picked up at the airport by one of the hotels Tuk Tuks. I then used the same tuk tuk to take us around the temples for the next few days. My driver was extremely friendly and took good care of us. The hotel was a great place to relax after a long day. The pool was good. The rooms were basic but good. The hotel also provided a free shuttle to town which was nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I ended up extending my stay as we got quite comfortable at the hotel. Hope to return in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aziz7264
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I am volunteering for a NGO in Cambodia, and trust me; i know several guesthouses in the city. The Lotus Lodge is paradise. The great thing is that the rooms are separate from the restaurant and the pool area, which is fantastic; you can have fun in the pool knowing you are not bothering anyone or sleep peacefully in the great size bedrooms.
The menu is ok and has several Khmer and Western dishes; the price is not too bad. The pool is clean (the water a bit warm, but hey!! the temperature is pretty hot over here). In the pool area you have cute spaces to lie down between the bamboos.
It is a bit separate from the centre but they offer free tuk tuk ride (don’t forget to tip the driver!!) .
We are so happy to go there that we are recommending the Lotus Lodge to other volunteers, since it is inexpensive, clean and have everything is needed.
Thank you Veronica and team!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Expl0rer78
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I just left the Lodge, and I had a wonderful experience! The staff are extremely sweet and helpful, and helped me book some amazing tours around Angkor. The pool was amazing, really big and refreshing, and a great place to hang out. The restaurant was nice, decent menu, and good prices. I recommend their Khmer beef salad! Its on the specials menu. Breakfast is included which is a great value, its simple, but good!
Our room was nice. It was pretty big and cute decor. The AC was cold, and the tv had quite a few channels in English! Bed was comfy too. The bathroom could use some renos sure, but for South East Asia you cannot complain! It was quite clean. And my room was cleaned every day, and I got fresh coffee, tea, and water every day!
All in all, I would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicky S
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed everything here . A true Quality experience .The staff made it memorable , they made everything easy , and the owner Mitch is a top guy. The tuk tuks were excellent all of his drivers were very helpful . The rooms were so comfy, and clean. The pool was great especially after a long day at the temples. We will definitely be staying there next time we are in Siem Reap. Thanks Guys.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The price is great, the staff is really friendly and willing to go out of their way to help, and the pool is AMAZING! I liked how this hotel wasn't in the middle of pub street, it was away from the noise and the tourists. It had a really relaxing vibe to it, exactly the getaway I needed on my vacation. There are always tuk tuks out front to take you into the hustle and bustle any time you want and it's only a few minutes to get into the heart of downtown. The food in the restaurant is really good - I recommend the sweet and sour pork, the lok lak, the chicken with cashew, and of course any of the fruit shakes. While the rooms were a little run down, they were clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The hotel is really safe and has security around the clock. I'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a nice stay, the pool was really nice, the room was clean and comfortable. We stayed there during khmer new year and we had a lovely time with staff and children from the neighbourhood playing typical games. Good experiment. The tuk tuks were nice and could speak good english.
The food was also very good.

BUT it was too bad that the breakfast was really average, the morning orange juice tasted like medicine, and the coffee tasted also quite bad. The last day, there were empty beer cans around the pool. One morning we were woken at 7 by children playing flute. It would have been nice to sleep a bit more.
Finally, the place is far from the center and even if they gave us free tuk tuk travels to go the center, we still have to pay 3 or 4 usd to go back every night... a bit expensive after 5 nights...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple