“Wonderful stay”
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #209 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent staff, who all have great English and are very accomodating. The rooms are cleaned daily, the air-con is fantastic and the pool is 24 hour.

Food is very good and reasonably priced as far as hotel prices go. About 4USD for a good Khmer dish, and the benefits of such a modestly priced hotel (free bikes, 24 hour pool and fridge in the room, a sizeable breakfast) make it a great choice.

Location is too far to walk to pub street, but a tuk tuk is 2USD, and always people from the hotel leaving. Or you can cycle for free.

The owner and managers are always around and ready to talk to guests, Canadian run so can give you a Western perspective. A friend and I stayed for one month while teaching and intend to go back when we return to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJ L

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago and had a pleasent time. The staff were all great and were able to organize all the various trips we went on around Siem Reap. The floating village was by far our favorite. The temples of course are fantastic but the floating village is something i've never seen. Our tuk tuk driver was very good, such a nice guy. The food at the hotel was pretty good also. It was nice drinking mango smoothies by the pool after the long hot days. Would recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights .This place is Awesome , so relaxing and peiceful . Out of the way of the hustle of Siem Reap but just a 10 min Tuk Tuk ride away .Nice food Great Staff ....Lily ,Ka Ta , Mitch, Tida and all the other staff made me feel so welcome ...Thankyou ,i will be back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kev B
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This Place could have been so nice if they had not promised things that they did not deliver on. Firstly we did not get our complementary tuk-tuk driver, not sure if I sent an e-mail to the wrong place or too late (did it 24 hours before) but either way it was not there. This was not too big of a deal for me, but a little disappointing. The hotel is out of the way, which is fine, and the road is a little bumpy but so are most of the roads in Cambodia so that is a non-issue!

We were shown to our room which was the right room, but the A/C took a very long time to cool the room, again not a big issue, but the little things added up for me!

The next morning we went to have breakfast, since we had gotten in late from a bus ride we showed up at about 10:05 am and were told that the free breakfast ended at 10am! This would have been nice to know! Many places serve till 11, so this was quite disappointing and frustrating, wish they had said something before! Our budget doesn't include money for breakfast so now we waited to lunch. The food for lunch was OK, but half the menu was crossed out and they also were missing a lot of other things. We stayed a bit and no smoothies at any point in our stay and no ice cream for some time as well. That was annoying.

The big reason I would rate this as poor is that we booked a Sunrise Ankor Wat tour with the hotel. We were told to meet the Tuk Tuk at 5 am. So up we got and went to the lobby. It was pitch black and we could only faintly make someone out in a bed in the corner. After walking around trying to find someone we woke him up and told him. He told us the Tuk Tuk would be there at 5:30. Ok, we sat down to wait. By the time 5:30 came around it was starting to get light and we knew we were going to miss sunrise. Again we asked the receptionist and he finally got up to check if there was in fact a tuk tuk coming. Of course not. This was beyond disappointing for me as the sunrise was one of the things I was looking forward to most in Cambodia, but as this was our last day there it was our last chance. Well we were pretty upset! And all we got was an apology from the lady (who didn't speak English very well) at reception in the morning when we went to complain again! No Manager, no English speaking staff. Beyond disappointing. They really didn't seem to care, which made it all the worse. They said sorry, but that doesn't really change anything does it?

The rest of the hotel is much the same, promises of amazing things, but not quite there. The pool is nice, although the tiles are falling off everywhere. The tower is cool, but you can barely seen Ankor Wat in the distance, and there are no tuk tuk that take you into town for free. The bikes for free are flat and they don't have a bike pump so you have to go down the street and pay for it (only 500 Riel so not a big deal, but the principle of the matter!)

I would absolutely say go elsewhere. This could be a nice place if they put a little effort into it and didn't make such mistakes. And better yet if they did make them, make you feel like they care. Because I honestly didn't feel like they cared that they had ruined Siem Reap for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mieke27
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My week in Cambodia was incredible. Temples, food, weather all of it was great. During the days it rained, the entrance of this quaint hostel was flooded about 8inches of water. It rests on a very low area of land and is about ten minutes or so from the main area in Siem Reap. Wonderful service, people, food and room. The people also provided me transit to Bangkok included with my stay. I would recommend this place but hesitate if you are looking to stay closer to the city and if you don't want to possibly deal with a rained out entrance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this place for five nights in May 2014. Arrived a bit late in Siem Reap but the coirtesy tuktuk driber was still there to meet me. Although this hotel is a little way (aboit 10 mins drive) from the neart of the city that was part of the attraction for me. I mean I love a drink and a pub but I do recoil from staying near the centre where one of fhe streets is called "Pub Street". Anyway guests get one free tuktuk ride to town each day before 9pm. The rooms were nice enough for the price and so was bathroom. Aircon was effective. Decor and gardens were nice and relaxing. Pool was nice..... but maybe staff should be told not to put music on by the pool the whole time. Maybe it is me but I suspect the music was for the staff rather than guests. The other negative is that sometimes it was difficult to rouse the night receptionist which sometimes involved rattling the gates and shouting, thus waking the local canine residents. Female staff were extremely nice though and were very sweet and helpful. I woild definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great atmosphere away from town noise, with a shuttle service to town. And as what I always look for, Price for performance! None in Siem Reap give the same facilities for the bargain price. + what I always love, owner is the face, so you could ask for anything without getting a systematic staff answer of "No sir, we don't have".

Room Tip: Ask the owner for anything, he's nearly always there.