“Chilled out place to stay”
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #207 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in August. The first thing we noticed was the helpful and welcoming environment. The bar, restaurant, pool area was a lovely place to relax after a long journey. They had a pool table, outdoor swimming pool, books and wifi to keep you entertained. The wifi was great in the main areas of the site but it was a bit hit and miss in our bedroom. The food was good and their loyal tuk tuk drivers were fantastic at making sure you saw everything you wanted to see and more. We would go back again if we returned to Siem Reap.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lotus Lodge

Reviewed 13 August 2014

After reading some of the reviews on here, I feel I should contribute. To be fair, the staff were very friendly, and it seemed that the management were making an effort to clean the place up and improve some things. We had an air-conditioned room, and there were no problems with that. We hired one of the tuk-tuk drivers out front to take us around Angkor one day, and he was fantastic. Being there in July, the pool was a wonderful luxury after a sweaty day at Angkor. Our major complaints:

--The concrete lattice in the bathroom had no screen on it, which allowed mosquitoes (and geckos) to enter at night.

--Understandably, the hotel encourages you to reuse your towel in consideration of the environment. However, whenever we asked for more towels (like after using the pool), the staff said they didn't have any.

--The valuables safe in the room was broken. When I inquired about this at the front desk, they told me I could use one of the small lockers in a room off the main lobby to store my valuables (not very safe).

--When helping arrange travel, the staff were helpful but it appeared that they only called one travel company. When the company said it didn't go where we needed, the receptionist kind of shrugged like, "Sorry, out of luck". Not very helpful.

Overall, the place was quiet and the staff were friendly, but I feel like the management could do a bit more to improve the place (screens in the bathrooms, for example). Not terrible, but shop around before choosing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank khelke
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I would love to say that this place is great value as it was so cheap but in comparison to other places we have stayed at similar prices it isn't. It is dirty, smells, very basic.
Positives: tucked away out of the hustle and bustle of SR. Tuk Tuk drivers are nice and helpful and always available out front.
Negatives: the hotel never has any change (for a place that works on mainly single dollar notes I suggest you provide some sort of change initiative for your guests? Even if it's just at your bar. I was unable to pay for anything during my stay at the hotel until check out as there was never any change to be given). Our room was dirty and smelt pretty bad. The breakfast is extremely basic. I felt let down by the staff when asking to book me a bus journey to PP with a company that I had read some decent reviews for but they refused to contact them as they no longer had a contract with the company even though it shows them on the way along with the rest, but because the hotel I guess would not earn any commission from us booking they would not help us. Don't stay here if you intend on staying out in the evening or are very active in the days like us and want a tiny bit of a lay in some mornings either as HK comes round at 7.30-8 every morning knocking on the doors to get in and clean? Even though we answered and were obviously asleep (every morning) they still continues to knock (every morning). Overall I would not advise staying here and I have to say we were disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Dan_Plymouth1989
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I first came to the Lotus five years ago and find myself back now. I have sent many university and NGO groups over the years. The staff is still as accommodating, helpful and gracious as ever. From a family perspective this is a great value with good amenities. The only worry i have is that the bathrooms and pathway need a little better cleaning and maintenance. Probably be back in 5 more!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent staff, who all have great English and are very accomodating. The rooms are cleaned daily, the air-con is fantastic and the pool is 24 hour.

Food is very good and reasonably priced as far as hotel prices go. About 4USD for a good Khmer dish, and the benefits of such a modestly priced hotel (free bikes, 24 hour pool and fridge in the room, a sizeable breakfast) make it a great choice.

Location is too far to walk to pub street, but a tuk tuk is 2USD, and always people from the hotel leaving. Or you can cycle for free.

The owner and managers are always around and ready to talk to guests, Canadian run so can give you a Western perspective. A friend and I stayed for one month while teaching and intend to go back when we return to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJ L
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago and had a pleasent time. The staff were all great and were able to organize all the various trips we went on around Siem Reap. The floating village was by far our favorite. The temples of course are fantastic but the floating village is something i've never seen. Our tuk tuk driver was very good, such a nice guy. The food at the hotel was pretty good also. It was nice drinking mango smoothies by the pool after the long hot days. Would recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights .This place is Awesome , so relaxing and peiceful . Out of the way of the hustle of Siem Reap but just a 10 min Tuk Tuk ride away .Nice food Great Staff ....Lily ,Ka Ta , Mitch, Tida and all the other staff made me feel so welcome ...Thankyou ,i will be back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo