“Perfect accomodation with very friendly staff”
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #207 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 27 October 2009

The Lotus Lodge is a fantastic midrange accomodation situated just outside of Siem Reap but within a short distance of all the sites. They offer clean and spacious rooms including breakfast and free use of bycicles. The owner is Andre, a dutchman who married a Cambodian wife, Lilly and they are very friendly and helpfull. So is the entire staff.
The lodge offers a free pick up service for travelers who come by expressboat from Phnom Pengh. Also there is twice a day a free shuttle service between the lodge and the city centre of Siem Reap. The lodge has a beautifull swimmingpool and restaurant.
I stayed here with my girlfriend and my brother for 3 days but will absolutely return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lotus Lodge

Reviewed 13 October 2009

We stayed 3 nights at Lotus Lodge. We where welcomed by one of the manages who explained everthing and showed us some sights on the map. We where in Cambodia to see the Ankor temples and everything was organized by the Lodge and was great. We also went to the floating village Kampong Khelang which was also was a great experience. The trips where a little bit price but for sure worth it.

The lodge is located a little bit out of the way but we knew this when we booked and we used the shuttle service in to the city at night without any problems. We also borrowed bikes which was free. The rooms are basic and quite dark and the breakfast was quite poor. The pool is nice when you get back from a day of adventure.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DBorg
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I frequent Siem Reap every December, and when I do I always make sure to stay at the Lotus Lodge, as over the years the owners have become personal friends of mine. It’s clean, quiet and the atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. However, upon visiting tripadvisor.com, I have to say that I was shocked and saddened by the previous post, as I found it very mean spirited and untrue.
When visiting Siem Reap I enjoy staying at the Lotus Lodge because of its family style environment. Every year the owner and his wife always make it a point to make me and the rest of my group feel welcomed by treating us to a home-style Khmer meal. Not only do the owner’s wife and her immediate family partake in the festivities, but so do her staff members who has spoken nothing but kind words to me about their employers and their experience working at the know for a fact that both owners not only treat their staff with the utmost respect, but they go out of their way to make sure they are provided for in every way.
What initially attracted me to stay at the lodge was the charity work I discovered the owners did. Upon my first visit to the lodge the owner and his wife took me and my group to one of the many orphanages they support. I have to say I was not only touched by the children of Cambodia, but by the owners and their genuine commitment to such a cause.
Since my first visit to their lodge, I have encouraged friends visiting the Kingdom of Cambodia to pay the lodge a visit. Those who have visited Siem Reap came back with nothing but good reports and kind words about the owners and their stay.
Overall my time spent at the Lotus Lodge has been nothing but positive. The owners not only went out of their way to provide my group with some of the best ground tours possible, but they always make my stays in Siem Reap enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank jacquimenard
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed for 4 nights to visit the temples and get a feel of the country.
Location and rooms were as expected. Food at the restaurant was very good.
Breakfast could be better but was OK.
I do not understand the statments that the staff is not treated well. During our stay they looked very relaxed, playing pool with our son, watching TV after work, having a chat with the guests, ...
The reception arranged a visit to Angkor museum and an Apsara dance night ... at lower cost than at the venue itself...so much for being overcharged...
The visit to the fishing village was memorable, as were the temples of course.

Would we go back : yes !
De Pinte - Belgium

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We stayed in Lotus lodge for a couple of nights & really loved the place, great food, more than friendly staff, the best laundry service of Cambodia for a more than reasonable price.
The perfect place from where your trip in Cambodia can start or end, they also organize original & responsible tours to villages & other interesting locations in Cambodia. To make it short, we had a great time in this Lodge & sure we'll be back for more!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We stayed at the Lotus Lodge at the end of our 4 week trip around Asia. The hotel was located quite far out of town but we knew this when we booked it. It was not a major problem to book a tuk tuk into town and to return to the hotel, though you have to pay $3 for each trip. The bus service they laid on in the evening was a little hit and miss however. One evening we were left in the town centre despite arriving 5 minutes before the bus was due to leave and after having seen the driver 15 minutes beforehand and telling him that we would be at the stop on time. No explanation for this was given. We also thought that there could have been more buses, maybe in the morning too, as you end up paying quite a bit on the tuk tuks.
The hotel is in a peaceful spot however and has a nice pool and area for dining. The rooms were poorly lit though and were not well cleaned. The bathroom especially was not cleaned at all during our stay of 4 days. Also after leaving our towels one day on the floor to be changed, as they required, they just put them back again instead of replacing them with new ones. Generally they seemed a bit slack in this regard.
Breakfast was okay although the staff found it hard to understand our orders as their level of English was minimal.
Free pick up on arrival was punctual and well organised though we had to pay for the lift to the airport after we checked out.
The tours that they arranged for us around the monuments were fine and very clearly explained. The driver that took us around was very friendly and helpful. The hotel in general was not bad though I think you can find something better and closer to the centre of town.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We've had a wonderful time. Lotus Lodge is a very quite place but also close to the center of Seam Reap. The Lodge is really beautifull and has a nice pool. Al the people are very kind and the service is great. We also got perfect tips during our stay and we made a nice trip to the country side. So when you want to go to Cambodje, Lotus Lodge is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family