Angkor Voyage Villa
US$150
US$146
US$196
US$191
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$185
All reviewspub streetnight marketshort walkold markettours
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Our Best Western Guesthouse is in a great location close to markets, cafe's and transport. It is very clean, well appointed and has large rooms fitted with either fans or air conditioning. The dining area is a wonderful spot to meet other travellers and the food is delicious as they cater for the western style taste or traditional Khmer. Yes you can even get vegemite on toast, baked beans or bacon and eggs! Bob and Claire Carol (the managers) are really wonderful people and really care about all of their guests. They treat you just as if you are family which is great if you travel alone as I did. They know the local people and so arranging trips or adventures to places that are not usually on the "tourist strip" is no problem and exciting for the tourist. I took a "mystery tour" on a motor bike with a wonderful local guide and loved every minute of it! Bob and Claire can help you get anywhere and do just about anything. The monks visit the guesthouse every day and I was fortunate to be blessed by them. Claire and Bob sponsor a number of schools and it is a truly wonderful experience to volunteer at one of them. The children are just delightful and love to practice their English. Summer can be very hot and humid so choose your travel dates wisely. Don't forget to take small currency notes that are in very good condition or the locals will not cash them. I can highly recommend this guesthouse as a place to stay in Siem Reap .... and you will even be picked up at the airport by guesthouse staff in the tuk tuk ... awesome fun!

Reviewed 1 June 2011

If you want to learn about Cambodia and their culture this is the place to be. The staff are so friendly, helpful and full of knowledge. What an amazing learning experience Siem Reap was.

Rooms are beautiful, clean and spacious. A variety of Western and Khmer food is available at reasonable prices even bangers and mash.

Volunteering (teaching English) can be organized free of charge.

Best of all there is always someone ready for a drink and a chat!!!

A real home xx

1  Thank jenjen0571
Reviewed 14 May 2011

My boyfriend and I found this by chance and we were so glad we did. Bob and Claire and the other staff were so friendly and helpful, the food there was amazing and it was really like being at home. They even had vegemite on the menu! rooms were spacious and clean, free wifi and warm showers. We couldn't have asked for me.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I got hear tired, hot and hungry. Bob and Claire found me a bed and sat me down for the best bangers and mash in south east asia! The whole team here are helpful and unbelievably friendly. Its like a big family and gave me the revival I needed after staying in some awful places.

I was only meant to stay for three days. I am staying for three weeks!

Reviewed 1 May 2011

Fantastic experience staying with Bob and Claire, they make you feel at home and are very kind and caring people who want your holiday experience to be one to remember. Highly recommended, great location, (Right near Pub street) great rooms with AC, good food, free internet/computers, good company. (Best Breakfast in Town) EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple