“Even better the second time around!”

Angkor Voyage Villa
Ranked #116 of 486 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Even better the second time around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is our second time staying at the guesthouse.Same wonderful staff, always helpful.Nothing is too much trouble, tours organised, bike hire. Great food and service.Loved every minute. Cocktails, Le Claire and Le Bob, highly recommended!

Room Tip: It's hot in Siem Reap, pick an air-conditioned room!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

A wonderful place to stay in Siem Reap.

I initially booked a night, due to arrive very late on a bus from Laos, unfortunately the bus broke down and I didn't make it on that occasion. I emailed Claire as soon as I had access to apologize for not showing and let her know what had happened. She was most relieved to hear from me and know that I was safe and sound.

When I made it back to Siem Reap a couple of weeks later, I booked again for 6nights at Our Best Western. Arriving by bus at a more reasonable time, their tuktuk driver met me at the bus stop (in torrential downpour)! At the guesthouse Claire welcomed me by name and immediately enveloped me in her friendliness. The Khmer staff were equally as friendly and were great in sorting me out to my room.
I had a very lazy few days vegeing out in the guesthouse, the room was very clean and comfortable. I ventured down for brunch and had the delicious corn fritters, a great taste of home! The guesthouse was an easy and safe stroll to the center of Siem Reap... Pub Street, Night Markets and everything you'd want.

After my initial stay I went to Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary (connected to Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, Thailand) where I volunteered for a week with elephants.
On my return to town, I stayed again at Our Best Western for my last night, and was sad to farewell Claire and her staff early my last morning in Cambodia!

**also, if you are at all interested, talk to Claire about volunteer opportunities. They are very involved in several local schools.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My friend and I stayed with Bob and Claire at Our Best Western Guesthouse for three weeks in while we volunteered at a local school teaching English. This was arranged for us by the guesthouse, including transportation to and from school each day. The guesthouse is conveniently located in the heart of Siem Reap and offers very affordable accommodation and freshly cooked Khmer and Western food all day. The rooms are spacious, clean and upon request include air conditioners for those hot Cambodian days. The staff at the guesthouse are what made our stay so enjoyable, you could really tell that everyone wanted you to feel at home. There was always someone friendly to have a chat with at the guesthouse no matter what your age! If your looking for a casual and extremely friendly place to stay in Siem Reap, look no further than Our Best Western Guesthouse!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Gore, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is the second year now that we have stayed with Claire and Bob.The room was clean and co for able. Had the choice of fan or air con. Staff nice and friendly and helpful. You get picked up for free from the bus depot . .saves running the gauntlet of the tuk tuk drivers
Food at Jeanies Cafe real good. Definitely need to try the fruit,muesli and yoghurt for breakfast.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Coochiemudlo Island, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had been staying outside the city in a small village so looked forward to staying our last night in town. Claire and her wonderful staff made us feel very welcome. The room we stayed in was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The location was perfect for us to explore the city, buy a few souvenirs and enjoy a night out. The accommodation was an absolute bargain. Good to hear about the support Claire and Bob are poviding to improve the education and life experience for young Cambodians.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

I spent a month living here while teaching English as a volunteer in an orphanage. It was always nice to come home to after a hard days work in the heat. Loved sitting in the cool courtyard, chatting with the guests and staff who all became my friends. My room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Claire and Bob are so kind and Bob fixed my sciatica with the stretching exercises he showed me at his retreat, an absolute bonus. The guest house is a stones throw from busy Pub street but a million miles from the craziness of it. Recommend it to all who like peace and quiet, and chilling out with the nicest people in Siem Reap.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

The room was comfortable but not luxurious. The food was tasty but not gourmet.

Comfortable room. Comfort food. Excellent central location in Siem Reap.

But the best thing about Best Western is the people. We felt very comfortable in allowing Claire and Bun to take care of us. And they did a brilliant job, organizing excellent tours, valuable advice, tuk-tuk transfers and especially the opportunity for ourselves and our daughters to help out at a local school. Our stay really lived up to expectations on all fronts. Many thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family