“amazing place and lovely staff”

Angkor Voyage Villa
Ranked #122 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is such a lovely place to stay you feel welcome and at home as soon as you arrive. Claire and all of her staff are so friendly and always willing to help. They can sort out bus tickets,circus tickets,tuk tuks for you , everything was so easy to do and the staff are so laid back and nice everything always gets sorted out. Me and my boyfriend also volunteered at a local school and the guesthousr can also help you arrange this. Really recommend to stsy there!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this guesthouse that a tuk tuk driver introduced us to. Nice rooms with reasonable price. The staff was helpful especially the manager claire! She helped us contact the bus company for our trip to Phnom Penh.

I Really recommend this guesthouse!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is our second time staying at the guesthouse.Same wonderful staff, always helpful.Nothing is too much trouble, tours organised, bike hire. Great food and service.Loved every minute. Cocktails, Le Claire and Le Bob, highly recommended!

Room Tip: It's hot in Siem Reap, pick an air-conditioned room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A wonderful place to stay in Siem Reap.

I initially booked a night, due to arrive very late on a bus from Laos, unfortunately the bus broke down and I didn't make it on that occasion. I emailed Claire as soon as I had access to apologize for not showing and let her know what had happened. She was most relieved to hear from me and know that I was safe and sound.

When I made it back to Siem Reap a couple of weeks later, I booked again for 6nights at Our Best Western. Arriving by bus at a more reasonable time, their tuktuk driver met me at the bus stop (in torrential downpour)! At the guesthouse Claire welcomed me by name and immediately enveloped me in her friendliness. The Khmer staff were equally as friendly and were great in sorting me out to my room.
I had a very lazy few days vegeing out in the guesthouse, the room was very clean and comfortable. I ventured down for brunch and had the delicious corn fritters, a great taste of home! The guesthouse was an easy and safe stroll to the center of Siem Reap... Pub Street, Night Markets and everything you'd want.

After my initial stay I went to Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary (connected to Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, Thailand) where I volunteered for a week with elephants.
On my return to town, I stayed again at Our Best Western for my last night, and was sad to farewell Claire and her staff early my last morning in Cambodia!

**also, if you are at all interested, talk to Claire about volunteer opportunities. They are very involved in several local schools.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My friend and I stayed with Bob and Claire at Our Best Western Guesthouse for three weeks in while we volunteered at a local school teaching English. This was arranged for us by the guesthouse, including transportation to and from school each day. The guesthouse is conveniently located in the heart of Siem Reap and offers very affordable accommodation and freshly cooked Khmer and Western food all day. The rooms are spacious, clean and upon request include air conditioners for those hot Cambodian days. The staff at the guesthouse are what made our stay so enjoyable, you could really tell that everyone wanted you to feel at home. There was always someone friendly to have a chat with at the guesthouse no matter what your age! If your looking for a casual and extremely friendly place to stay in Siem Reap, look no further than Our Best Western Guesthouse!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is the second year now that we have stayed with Claire and Bob.The room was clean and co for able. Had the choice of fan or air con. Staff nice and friendly and helpful. You get picked up for free from the bus depot . .saves running the gauntlet of the tuk tuk drivers
Food at Jeanies Cafe real good. Definitely need to try the fruit,muesli and yoghurt for breakfast.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had been staying outside the city in a small village so looked forward to staying our last night in town. Claire and her wonderful staff made us feel very welcome. The room we stayed in was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The location was perfect for us to explore the city, buy a few souvenirs and enjoy a night out. The accommodation was an absolute bargain. Good to hear about the support Claire and Bob are poviding to improve the education and life experience for young Cambodians.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple