“always again”

Ranked #119 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
“always again”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We are staying now the second time at Angkor Voyge Villa. During travelling, you are all the time at diffrent places and some of them are special. Angkor Voyage Villa/Our Best Western Guesthouse is such a special place. It´s the atmosphere, the staff, the guests and the Owner Claire who makes this place so nice. The staff is so friendly and open, they will always have a chat with you and you will learn a lot of cambodia if you want to. The atmosphere is homey, you can sit on the terrace, in the restaurant and enjoy great food at Jeanie´s Cafe or sit in the common area. The guest are are nice mix form NGO-workers, Volunteers, Backbackers, Flashpackers, longer-term-guest - it´s interesting to talk. learn and listening. Besides managing the guesthouse/restaurant Claire (and her Husband Bob who runs a Yoga/Meditation Retreat in Siem Reap) the owner is doing a lot to help Cambodia (fundraisings, support local school/village projects).

On the other hand this places offers everything for a nice stay in Siem Reap. Rooms are good sized and very clean. They offer aircon or fan. Water is the bathroom is hot. All rooms are nicley decorated.

And least they have their owen tuck tucks so if you want to go somewhere, make a tour or go shopping just asked at the reception, they will help with everything.

All in all for me Angkor Voyage Villa/Our Best Western Guesthouse is the place to stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Lovely owners, lovely staff, lovely food, lovely rooms, An absolute joy to stay in. The staff were incredibly friendly and were invaluable for me and my friends who stayed at the guesthouse for 8 weeks. I made some great friends here and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We only planned to stay in Siem Reap for 3 days. But after 1 night we ended up deciding to stay for 10. This place is gold, extremely central to Siem Reap! On top of its great location, Claire and her staff went above and beyond what we ever expected.
Our room was comfortable and air conditioned, all tours where brilliant and are organised through the staff at the Guest House.

I would also like to say and make you aware that all the negative reviews on here seem to be BEFORE Claire took over, she's done a lot of work with this place and already after a few days I am missing them all so very much! Claire has some great knowledge about local schools needing volunteers if your interested.

Thank you Best Western team! And congratulations to the owner. Your hard work and passion for the Khmer people shows every day!

See you next year!

Room Tip: Your choice between A/C and non A/C but make sure you take a look out the 2nd floor window at the ne...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is such a lovely place to stay you feel welcome and at home as soon as you arrive. Claire and all of her staff are so friendly and always willing to help. They can sort out bus tickets,circus tickets,tuk tuks for you , everything was so easy to do and the staff are so laid back and nice everything always gets sorted out. Me and my boyfriend also volunteered at a local school and the guesthousr can also help you arrange this. Really recommend to stsy there!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this guesthouse that a tuk tuk driver introduced us to. Nice rooms with reasonable price. The staff was helpful especially the manager claire! She helped us contact the bus company for our trip to Phnom Penh.

I Really recommend this guesthouse!

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is our second time staying at the guesthouse.Same wonderful staff, always helpful.Nothing is too much trouble, tours organised, bike hire. Great food and service.Loved every minute. Cocktails, Le Claire and Le Bob, highly recommended!

Room Tip: It's hot in Siem Reap, pick an air-conditioned room!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A wonderful place to stay in Siem Reap.

I initially booked a night, due to arrive very late on a bus from Laos, unfortunately the bus broke down and I didn't make it on that occasion. I emailed Claire as soon as I had access to apologize for not showing and let her know what had happened. She was most relieved to hear from me and know that I was safe and sound.

When I made it back to Siem Reap a couple of weeks later, I booked again for 6nights at Our Best Western. Arriving by bus at a more reasonable time, their tuktuk driver met me at the bus stop (in torrential downpour)! At the guesthouse Claire welcomed me by name and immediately enveloped me in her friendliness. The Khmer staff were equally as friendly and were great in sorting me out to my room.
I had a very lazy few days vegeing out in the guesthouse, the room was very clean and comfortable. I ventured down for brunch and had the delicious corn fritters, a great taste of home! The guesthouse was an easy and safe stroll to the center of Siem Reap... Pub Street, Night Markets and everything you'd want.

After my initial stay I went to Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary (connected to Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, Thailand) where I volunteered for a week with elephants.
On my return to town, I stayed again at Our Best Western for my last night, and was sad to farewell Claire and her staff early my last morning in Cambodia!

**also, if you are at all interested, talk to Claire about volunteer opportunities. They are very involved in several local schools.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo