“Simply the BEST!!!!!”

Angkor Voyage Villa
Ranked #130 of 512 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had the most wonderful experience staying here. This place is truely a home away from home. All the staff are so friendly and do an amazing job. The common area downstairs is the perfect place to settle down and talk to old and new friends alike. The location is perfect, a very short walk to Pub Street and all the markets, but it is also far enough away to relax and enjoy a slower pace too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Maeve H

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This Villa is very comfortable, with large air con'd room and relaxing communal lounge area with fans & papasan chairs. Great food & service in Jeanie's cafe. Most of all the staff make you feel at home! I will miss them all.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank jenny22aus
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Angkor Voyage Villa is a budget guesthouse right in the heart of Siem Reap , . It's located about a 5 minute walk from Pub Street , the Night Market and The Old Market but you feel as though you could be staying somewhere in the backblocks , there is just so little noise in the rooms. The rooms are big, clean and comfortable with an ensuite bathroom with hot water and air con or fan.
The staff , who are all locals, are attentive and so friendly without being overbearing which made it feel like home. There's a huge lounge area at the front where you can enjoy a chat with other guests or just watch the world go by and also a great restaurant serving local and western dishes at very reasonable prices ( and the food is delish!!!!!)
The managers Bob and Claire ( an Aussie couple ) and Chovorn and Toho ( a Cambodian couple) are a wonderful team who can help with just about anything you can throw at them and do so with a minimum of fuss. They and their staff are all genuine and beautiful people who made me and my travelling companion feel like family. My experience wasn't the normal tourist trip as my friend and I were teaching English for 2 weeks at a school that Bob and Claire are affiliated with , but I watched the staff interact with all visitors in the same friendly and courteous manner and would recommend anybody to stay . I certainly will be a repeat visitor without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank ArnandTwitz
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Myself and a friend stayed here in November 2013 and we stayed well over a week in the end. The rooms are lovely and clean, they did not clean the room while we were there but if you ask they happy to do it. The staff are nice and friendly, offering day trips etc at a good price. It is nicely located near all the hussle and bussle of pub street but far enough away for it to be nice and quiet. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Coventiently located next to the Pub street, but devoid of its noise. Lots of top rated restraunts around. Very competent staff at the reception. Good price for tours and drivers around the place.
Cozy round armchairs at the lobby that are so great to lounge before going to sleep. My room (204) was small but clean. Great owners, who took care of my forgotten SD card and kindly offered to send it to me for free!
Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Марина Б
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The location was great a few min from markets, restaurants, pub street, places to hire bikes etc
Staff were nice. Only complaint is they rarely cleaned our room or replaced our towels. The pillows were horribly yellow & smelt really bad. The whole system with the key is that you put it in the slot so you get power so it means that whenever you left the room the fridge would turn off meaning we never had cold water or couldn't keep anything small to eat which was a tad annoying. Heard strange animal noises at night (some people have mentioned crocodiles out back, but I don't know what they sound like exactly). Never had breakfast or food here. It was lovely for the three nights we stayed and I would fully give it 5 stars if it wasn't for the cleanliness.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank elisecat13
Claire A, Manager at Angkor Voyage Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thankyou for your feedback. I am glad you had a lovely stay with us.
I am concerned however about your problems with the cleaning and the 'smelly' pillows.
From the moment I checked you in, you would have seen that I am very approachable, so I am disappointed that you did not come to me with your issue.
Our rooms are serviced daily, provided the guest leaves their room key at the Reception Desk. Leaving your key with us, is your permission for our staff to enter your room when you are not there, in order to service your room. Had you made the comment to me regarding the fact that your room was not cleaned, I would have advised you to leave the key with us so that it could be done. We also keep clean towels, and spare toilet paper at the Reception for any guest who may need either of those, at any time. As far as the electricity goes, the guesthouse was initially wired that way so all electricity turns off when the key is taken out of the latch.... we have had our handyman Seihak try to rectify that, however, unfortunately it is impossible to change. Once again, had you come to us with your concerns, we would have found a way to help with your issue.
We did have crocodiles out the back of the guesthouse, and the guests loved to look at them, but they disappeared a few weeks ago, so I am unsure about the noise you heard, however whatever noise you heard that is totally out of our control..... Anyway, it was lovely to meet you both, safe travels to you as you continue your journey....
kind regards
Claire

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

A nice, clean place in very convenient location. Loved my room. The staff were all sweet and helpful. Claire is Australian and it really helped that there was someone there who spoke English! She always made time to chat with me for a bit every day. When I left I got a big warm hug from here. If your schedule allows, I would encourage you to ask them about volunteering at the school that they are involved with. Such a great experience with wonderful Khmer children.
Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2014